How to get matte Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
I've got a client who wants plain/clear shellac just to help her nails grow as she's not meant to be wearing any for work I wondered how do you dull the top coat so it will not be noticeable x

1200side of the Koala buffer ... Lightly buff

Thats great, Thank u geeg :)

sorry for jumping on your thread - is she a nurse? I have a nurse coming in tomorrow with really short nails (god help me - I'm doing a 4 week project thingy!) anyway although she says its fine once its a clear varnish I don't think she realises how shiney it will be? So if I lightly buff the top coat it will be fine? Also while I've just jumped on here, any tips for her re constantly using sanitising gel at work? would that have any effect on the Shellac?

Sorry again, & Thanks :)

... you can also apply CND Matte top coat. Its not too matte, and it has a natural sheen, just like a natural nails

... you can also apply CND Matte top coat. Its not too matte, and it has a natural sheen, just like a natural nails

do they still sell that? I've never seen it in stock in the uk.

Is it advised to use two top coats when doing a matt Shellac?

do they still sell that? I've never seen it in stock in the uk.

We have carried matte top coat for years at S2 ... However, CND have now discontinued it and we have sold out.

She works with food, I do have a few nurses and they usually go for beau and leave them shiney x

The CND Koala Buffer is great however you can apply ONE coat of CND Shellac top coat and use the GREEN side of the CND GLOSSING buffer!!

I have a friend who works in a hospital and carries sanitising gel everywhere with her and its had no effect on her Shellac x

The CND Koala Buffer is great however you can apply ONE coat of CND Shellac top coat and use the GREEN side of the CND GLOSSING buffer!!

Amelia is right - this is SO worth trying! You'll be amazed. :)

Latest posts

Back