How to get smooth Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing mine with Shellac, my first few rockstars have been a bit rough...using the pat down method...so this weekend I will try the 'burnished' method. To be honest though I can't wait for my 'nailstyle' Shellac course next month so I know I'm getting it right!! lol xx

Ok so correct me if I am wrong. I haven't given rockstar nails a go.

You put a thin layer of gel on the nail. Then you pat or scrub glitter in. Then you put gel over the top?

Or do you do the thin layer of gel....and get a bead of gel and pick up the glitter with the bead and put it on the nail?

If you watch the video highlighted on this thread you will see exactly how to do it so that the result is as smooth as a baby's bottom. :D

If you watch the video highlighted on this thread you will see exactly how to do it so that the result is as smooth as a baby's bottom. :D

lol

Ok, will have a butchers. Thanks hun

I tried doing some, and they are nice and smooth. But not sure they are good enough to call rockstar nails!

391770_409231542446502_579831016_n.jpg

Ok so correct me if I am wrong. I haven't given rockstar nails a go.

You put a thin layer of gel on the nail. Then you pat or scrub glitter in. Then you put gel over the top?

Or do you do the thin layer of gel....and get a bead of gel and pick up the glitter with the bead and put it on the nail?

Think I'm going blind. Can't see anything highlighted!

I tried doing some, and they are nice and smooth. But not sure they are good enough to call rockstar nails!

Try colour matching your glitter by using the same base colour. It will give you more depth to your finish.

Also, layer your glitter over white, or black, for totally different looks!
FYI I don't gel my toes. I use stickey brand base coat and go straight to glitter. Wish I could post pics! Tons of compliments on my tootsies.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Also, layer your glitter over white, or black, for totally different looks!
FYI I don't gel my toes. I use stickey brand base coat and go straight to glitter. Wish I could post pics! Tons of compliments on my tootsies.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

How long do you have to wait before applying topcoat? I'd be scared it would drag? x

Latest posts

Back