How to get smooth Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry0875

Reaction score
My glitter goodies arrived today and I've just done my fingers and toes, they look fabulous I am hooked already!!! I applied two top coats but they still feel a little rough, any tips or advice would be appreciated, thanks xx

I'm fairly new to Rockstar too an been having a play, it's addictive lol
I found that patting the glitter down lightly with my nail art fan brush then two top costs = nice an smooth.

I really scrub the glitter in until it looks almost like a foil, after 2 coats it should be really smooth xx

Thanks guy's I will no doubt be playing some more cos I love it!!! No more plain nails for me! :D

Oh Lucy, take a look at my pics on facebook and let me know what you think hun :wink2:

Lucybluebell
What do you mean when you say "scrub the glitter" ?

Thanks x

Lucybluebell
What do you mean when you say "scrub the glitter" ?

Thanks x

I mean instead of just gently patting it really rub the glitter in with the brush until it looks smooth, it gives a different effect which I prefer. I think it looks more classy than just sprinkled glitter.

Kerry I'll have a look now xx

Once you lay the glitter on the nail, you can take a plastic backed pad (plastic side down) and pat the glitter down OR you can use the little oval from a nail form. HTH! :)

They look lovely Kerry...think you should charge a bit more for the Swarovskis ;) xx

How about elevating the terms you use to 'burnishing' the glitter onto the nail surface rather than 'scrubbing'! Sounds much more professional, don't you think? :D

I like scrubbing lol, wouldn't have had a clue what she meant if she said burnishing. I did 'scrub' it in like you said and it gives a lovely effect :)

I pat my glitter w my finger, brush off excess. That's it. No top coat. I was afraid I'd have glitter all over my bed, but I dont! I just love the texture!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I pat my glitter w my finger, brush off excess. That's it. No top coat. I was afraid I'd have glitter all over my bed, but I dont! I just love the texture!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Are you doing with Shellac or another system ?

How about elevating the terms you use to 'burnishing' the glitter onto the nail surface rather than 'scrubbing'! Sounds much more professional, don't you think? :D
I'm liking the term 'burnishing' it does sound more professional....maybe my 'srubbing' days are over!!:lol:

So are you saying that burnished rockstars have a different appearance to regular rockstars, so could be classed as two separate sorts of nail coating? xx

So are you saying that burnished rockstars have a different appearance to regular rockstars, so could be classed as two separate sorts of nail coating? xx

If you 'burnish' the glitter into the nail it gives more of a foil look rather than 'patting' the glitter onto the nail which gives a more glittery, blingy look x

If you 'burnish' the glitter into the nail it gives more of a foil look rather than 'patting' the glitter onto the nail which gives a more glittery, blingy look x

My personal opinion is that there is very little between the blinginess of the two methods; just two different types of blingy looks! One is smoother and looks very classy and the other one is roughter and ..... doesn't!

Yes i agree, I never "burnish" my glitter in. I thought rockstars are bling glitter nails not foil effect nails. I love the glitter effect as it's so sparkly. The foil effect looks dull and not glittery so I wouldn't really call these rockstars! X x

In my experience of doing rockstars, if you scrub the glitter in then it becomes a foil effect and not very glittery at all,

If you sprinkle glitter over the nail or dab on with a brush then these are real rockstars, really sparkly. x

In my experience of doing rockstars, if you scrub the glitter in then it becomes a foil effect and not very glittery at all,

If you sprinkle glitter over the nail or dab on with a brush then these are real rockstars, really sparkly. x

You'd better come and inspect the nails on the girls in our office then ... talk about classy bling!!! Perhaps it also has something to do with the quality (or lack of it) in the glitter used. Our glitter does not look like foil, it is just smooth instead of rough ... it blings alright and glitters, whether burnished or not. They can be inspected any day of the week during office hours. :D

Latest posts

Back