Quantcast

how to make a nail file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

chocolate

Reaction score
I went to spend the day with Alida yesterday, wot an amazing experience, their new place is massive, very very impressive. :)

But what i found so amazing was the production line they have for producing their own nail files. It takes so many people, from cutting, to bagging to labels, i never realised so much went into it. I want to get our own file range, with our name on, sooooooooo................. please can you tell me what your fav grit, colour and shape is, so i can get an idea of how many files i would need to order.

Ta very much!

angel fingers

Reaction score
100/180 boomerang :biggrin:

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
i would say i love my 180-240 boomerang. Great shape, plus have you ever thought of colour coding the centre of the file, if you know what i mean. Not the bit you file with but the sandwiched bit inthe middle of the file. It would be good for instance if they were a certain colour for certain grits, so you don't search for the file you want, just have a quick glance, just a thought.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Yes - the boomerang in different colours!

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I would love to be able to buy files in the same grit on both sides - I regularly buy the 100/180 black files but very rarely use the 100 side so a more useful file for me would be a 180/180 white file rather than black - my ideal file would also have square ends rather than rounded.

Shaza

Pampering Geek
Reaction score
Def the boomerang files. I was sooo glad when Creative introduced these files as up till now I have been using the Odyssey boomerang files but this is the only item I have to go to the local wholesalers for.

Shaza

Lily

Reaction score
Hiya,

I would say a flexible soft file, in an assortment of grits, 180/240 are my faves, but i cant stand boomerangs, for some reason when i am flipping my file it ends up the wrong way and it really gets on my nerves. I prefer straight ones
Amanda

angel fingers

Reaction score
also, what would be great is a file that was stiff but not as thick as normal.

VanessaB

Reaction score
I would love to have files that some how coordinate with my other salons items - hot pink! Clients love my towels etc and always comment on the colour.

I also like files that are the same grit on both sides as like Fiona find that I always use one side more than another!

Love the Koala buffer but it never seems to last that long. The actually grit is ok but I seem to make the abrasive bit lift away from the core so it curls up! I would prefer it a little more rigid. Also a seperate file with the 1200 grit only.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I love boomerang files - so good for getting around the cuticle area. I can only get them in 240 grit (i guess coz they are supposed to be gentle for cuticle area) but i do use them around other area so would like to be able to have a 180 grit one. I also find it hard to get thin emery board type files in 240 grit so that would be good! I also like my files to have colour at the side so i know what i'm picking up immediately and i hate files that are two different grits coz i have to spend too much time feeling what it is instead of getting on with the job at hand :)

Deb379

Reaction score
Yes same grit on both sides would be useful, definitely have the grit value printed on the file as well, makes life a little easier if you have several different ones!

Deb379

Fab Freak

Reaction score
chocolate said:
I went to spend the day with Alida yesterday, wot an amazing experience, their new place is massive, very very impressive. :)

But what i found so amazing was the production line they have for producing their own nail files. It takes so many people, from cutting, to bagging to labels, i never realised so much went into it. I want to get our own file range, with our name on, sooooooooo................. please can you tell me what your fav grit, colour and shape is, so i can get an idea of how many files i would need to order.

Ta very much!
240 boomerang please both sides, dont mind which colour...

Latest posts