How to Refill roller wax cartridges ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janey

Reaction score
I have purchased a hive pot wax as well as a roller wax system, however am finding that it is costing a lot more for the roller wax cartridges. I usually use a creme wax but it is impossible to clean this completely out of the cartridge to refill with another brand as the hives do not produce the same brands for pot and cartridge and I am worried about mixing different brands together as the ingredients will not be exactly the same. I have thought about buying warm wax cartridges then maybe washing them completely out as it might be possible with hot water and then refilling with a wax of my choice. Can anyone advise if they refill cartridges how they do this safely ? :rolleyes:

hi huni

I do this... But it was hard work to clean them out at first.

I use up the original wax (on myself usually) from the cartridges first then i put the almost empty cartridges into the microwave and re heated them to hotter than the wax heater usually gets and tipped the rest of the wax out (please be careful the plastic obviously gets terribly hot!)
then as you said i then boiled water poured it in added few drops of wax remover shook it vigourously and tipped out 97% of the wax came out and then i boiled water again filled cartridge again and added a few drops of surgical spirit to be on the safe side rinsed then i refilled with my cream wax!

Although when I first tried to refill I used a funnel to be neat but the wax just filled the spout and cooled lol so now i have mastered the art of just pouring it acurately into the cartridge straight from the pot. But i heat the wax in the microwave for a few minutes so its hotter than the heater again so it pours more fine-ly into the cartridge but i let it cool before reinserting cartridges into the wax heater because as i said wax from the microwave is much to hot to use on a client so to be on the safe side I let it cool down. (also check that the wax pot you are heating is appropriate to go into the normal heater because some pots arnt and they are sposed to be poured in insteda and these pots split when put into microwave)

Hope that helps hun and i hope it makes sense lol, I have been doing it this way for 2 1/2 years and have found it fine but i'm very excited to see how others do it :green:

P.S please also excuse my spelling this evening i am shattered :eek: lol

Last edited:
Quite honestly I would'nt do this. I use pot waxing for face waxing only, roller waxing for the larger areas and hot wax for intimate waxing. If you are finding this expensive, maybe you need to look at what you are charging your clients, is it enough to cover your costs. I personally charge for the service I offer and this sets me apart from the competition, my clients know I only use the best products on the market and it is reflected in the cost of the treatment. If you still find it too expensive then maybe stick to just using a pot with lots of spatulas. Hope this helps!

I am just starting out a home business and trying to find the most cost effective way, I like the roller wax because it is quicker, however its double the cost of pot waxing, I am just trying to find a long term solution for maximum profit without comprimising on quality. Thanks for your time :)

Thanks mikyla, you've really helped, I have been thinking about how to get around this problem for so long now ! Think I will get some warm wax cartridges and wash them out like you suggested, how often do you change them ? can I also ask which creme wax you use ? I have seen a couple of really good offers on hive options creme wax (3 for 2), have you tried this one ?

thanks for your reply,much appreciated :)

I have purchased a hive pot wax as well as a roller wax system, however am finding that it is costing a lot more for the roller wax cartridges. I usually use a creme wax but it is impossible to clean this completely out of the cartridge to refill with another brand as the hives do not produce the same brands for pot and cartridge and I am worried about mixing different brands together as the ingredients will not be exactly the same. I have thought about buying warm wax cartridges then maybe washing them completely out as it might be possible with hot water and then refilling with a wax of my choice. Can anyone advise if they refill cartridges how they do this safely ? :rolleyes:
progress.gif

HTH xx:hug:xx

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/113892-clean-easy-roller-cartridges.html

Work out how much you are charging for your time, look at how long it takes you to refill a cartidge and work out the cost of that time. Are you really saving that much? Personally I just use a cartridge, pour the remainder into another one and then chuck it out.

Mat

yes ive tried hive wax hun i find it ok but personally i use salon systems cream wax with a fragrance because it makes my treatment room smell beautiful without being over powering (which my clients love because its different) but i also use a non fragrant one aswell for my more sensitive clients and for use on the face. I fill my cartridges at the begining of the week but then usually steralise after use and refill again if im having a really manic waxing week.

Also i understand what people are saying about pricing but my prices are fine for my area infact i charge a little more than the salons in my area. I just dont like clean and easy wax which is why i started refilling in the first place.

Hun try a few different waxes before you settle on one. Everyone is different and has different oppinions on what they like ive tried recommended waxes and not thought anything of them but yet that person may have been using that one for years.

HTH xxxx

Ps. I dont use the roller on small areas of the body which is why i have a pot heater with 2 pot slots. But saying that my therapist uses only the roller for everything and i have never ever had a complaint and ive been going to her since i was 14.

Hi

Have you checked out ellisons own brand wax cartridges?

They are cheaper than hive.

TBH i have been roller waxing for about 7 years and i find it more economical than the pot and spatuala as

1 it goes on thinner (so works out the same as pot due to cost)
2 its a lot quicker to apply
3 you use less strips as there is less wax
4 its a lot less messy and more convenient.

So basically I find that you save on time and strips and spatulas and if you shop around and buy in bulk as i do you get a good deal.

HTH

Salonserve do warm wax cartridge refills. They are 80g and will fit in the Clean and Easy system and are the cheapest wax i've seen.
I've not tried it so don't know what it's like!

Latest posts

Back