How to solve green armpits after a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to get rid of green armpits after the spray tan has been done?

My client told me they didnt have any deodrant on but it must have still had some left on the skin

Help please? :rolleyes:

As far as I know not alot you can do after its happened but it should wash off when client washes off guide colour- I always ask clients to wipe armpits and arm with water before tan to ensure absolutly no product left under arm
HTH

Thank you.

If the client had the spray tan a few hours ago, do you think I should get them to wash it all off now or just wipe down the armpits?

no need to worry about green armpits...this is a reaction to deodrant or even perspiration with no deodrant on...it all washes off when client has shower, you dont want to go wiping armpits before developement time is up it will disturb tan and leave obvious patchy white arm pits.

ooohhh neither hun if you have already sprayed and its turned green tell client this is fairly normal if she had left some product under her arm- which she clearly has if its only this area which has turned green- do not wipe area just now as this will leave the area all patchy- just tell her to shower as normal tomoz and green should wash away to leave area tanned as the rest of the body- just get her to get in touch with you if any problem tomoz

Thank you for your advice.

Its def a strong learning curve for me next time despite what the client tells me :O)

When you've been using aluminium based deodorants for years, even if you've washed, some people can still go green. It's like it's a build up from so much deodorant use but the green will go with the first shower after being sprayed.

Apply a thin layer of barrier cream to the armpit before the spray tan

I always say that if it goes green it is only the make up in the solution reacting with the deoderant so not to worry as it will wash off when the tan is developed.

Only one of my clients has gone green so far and we both laughed because she is a regular tanner and I dont think she believed me about going green. She usually washed her doederant off but on this one occasion had been to town and didnt have time to wash it off before the tan (you need minimum of 30 mins after using soap for skin to get back to neutral PH level or they may go orange) so she went green.

She washed off as normal and sent me a text to confirm all was well with the tan and the green had no effect on the result - she did say she'd try not to wear deoderant again though as she wasn't overly comfortable with green pits for the day lol.

Latest posts

Back