How to succeed in nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Souz, I've just been looking at your blog for the first time. It's brilliant!

I've been asked several times to do a blog page, but when it comes to it, I just can't think what to say! Well you have now given me lots of inspiration and I really must get this done.

Thank you so much for sharing and putting my brain back in gear.

Hope your mum is getting better, it's such a worry, I've had to do it in the past myself. Make sure you get your rest though or you'll burn out. Big hugs to you. X

Hi there
I have read though all this post with great interest. I am just getting started with my business. I will initially be doing make up, manicures, pedicures and UV cured nails (not decided on brand yet-thinking of artistic gel?)

I have set up a group on facebook with a start up offer and have had a little bit of interest.
I like the idea of contacting local groups but am rubbish at wording things. If I were to drop them a letter or a phone call how would be the best way to word it?
Thanks x

What a great post, im starting my nvq 2 nail training at college next month and there are lots of brilliant ideas and points here for me to take on board for when I (hopefully) qualify and am able to set up my business xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there
I have read though all this post with great interest. I am just getting started with my business. I will initially be doing make up, manicures, pedicures and UV cured nails (not decided on brand yet-thinking of artistic gel?)

I have set up a group on facebook with a start up offer and have had a little bit of interest.
I like the idea of contacting local groups but am rubbish at wording things. If I were to drop them a letter or a phone call how would be the best way to word it?
Thanks x
I would send a letter first introducing yourself and what you do briefly!then what you would like to offer, so if you want to offer a raffle prize or voucher for example....then leave a few weeks and ring them xx.

Found it, this is great! Your right about the special offers. So glad I found this!! :) :)

Can I still start up even though I can currently only offer Shellac and Manicures?

Can I still start up even though I can currently only offer Shellac and Manicures?

Absolutely! I offer CND Shellac, Brisa Lite smoothing gel, additives, foils & rockstar nails, manicures & pedicures. Go for it :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Of course you can start up with just manicures and shellac ( tbh they are the most popular treatments!) build up your clientele and then you can to your treatments when you do more courses plus that way you can ask clients what treatments they would like to see x

I am waiting for a date for the Brisa smoothing, I have had a play with Rockstars - on my own and friends. I am going to do the Shellac nail art course next for foils and additives. I want to make some kind of flyer but not really sure what I should put on it - as I only offer a limited range of treatments at the minute - thanks for your responses ladies x

Love this its give me some good tips thank you xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am waiting for a date for the Brisa smoothing, I have had a play with Rockstars - on my own and friends. I am going to do the Shellac nail art course next for foils and additives. I want to make some kind of flyer but not really sure what I should put on it - as I only offer a limited range of treatments at the minute - thanks for your responses ladies x

Maybe do your flyer around the fact you only do natural nail care, keep it simple and colourful. How about some pics of your work one with something simple like French or red and one with rock stars...you could even offer 10% off with the flyer! that way you would know if you were getting a good response from it xx

so the decorations have come down in the salon..it looks bare!!xmas and new year were very busy and fully booked but now i have to keep that up as i have rent and bills to pay!! I dont normally do offers but as i am now conscious that i have overheads i decided to run a few in january just to get people through the door....however i havent done offers on my most popular treatments as people are booking in for those anyway, ive decided to run offers on treatments that i would like to do more of like paraffin wax pedicures and facials and had a few bookings for those x

This are my flyers for advertising. It may give you some ideas I designed them myself and found a great printing company online who were really good quality and great value for money. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 264
This are my flyers for advertising. It may give you some ideas I designed them myself and found a great printing company online who were really good quality and great value for money. :lol:

they look fab and the nails too!! which company did you get them printed with??xx

Do you mind if I ask which company you used for printing?

Hi Souz i think they're called Leafletfrog.co.uk from memory. I also have got my gift vouchers printed with them too. Nowhere can match their prices for the quality and quantity. Very happy to recommend them :biggrin::biggrin:

Are they cheaper than vistaprint? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello. i am newbie too. Thanks. Learn lots to tricks. Even though i haven't started my business. But hopefully. Soon. Thanks. Keep coming the good posts.

Are they cheaper than vistaprint? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive just checked Vistaprint. Theyre currently doing an offer. So for roughly the same size A6 and 1000 leaflets is around the same price BUT only 150gsm paper, whereas mine were double at 300gsm so thicker quality paper :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I'm currently starting out, and this thread has been amazing... This might be a silly question but I wondered if anybody could please give me some advice... Regarding the point of not buying what I want - but what the clients want (as I think I'd be tempted to get colours I like) what colours would you stock for when you start out?? I know I can order as customers comment they like certain colours but I don't want to sit in an appointment not having any of the colours that they say they want? It's been really stressing me out as don't know what colours to have to start out with. My course is for gelish. Any rough ideas on colours I may want to have from the start greatly appreciated.
Happy new year everyone!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back