How to use white mylar glitter flakes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diva fever

Reaction score
how hould you use these with gel? would you just mix some in a seperate pot or would you load your brush with gel then dip in the flakes?

Hey huni i dnt do gel apart from gelish but when i use them mostly in acrylic i apply them into nearly set acrylic and on gelish apply them to the tacky layer before top coat ;) they look awesum wen the light catches ;) xx

cool so maybe ontop of the tacky layer then top layer ontop

Yeah hun thats wot id do xx

you can lay it on top of the tacky layer, or you can press them into a layer of gel before you cure for a more inlaid look

because it's quite chunky, you need to make sure that you've plenty of gel over it so that when you've finished the nail off there's nothing sticking through. I do my first layer of gel, cure, do my mylar and then my builder layer & cure. File & shape, (if anything is poking through add gel to the area) and then finish. But you should have a play to see what method you prefer yourself. :)

thank you all so much now i need to play :)

Enjoy huni ;) xx

Can I ask where you get your mylar from?

I bought the set from Naio, but find it is difficult to lay it flat and have too many bumps that i need to buff down. Have only tried it with Shellac and maybe it is too thin to cover to set it into the tacky layer otr it is the mylar itself? :confused:

i brought some from nail delights. i will be having a go with them in the morning and will let you no how it goes

Latest posts

Back