Huffed client rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
So I think I've huffed a client who I have each week who I haven't seen in a while. Basically she had her brows tinted before she went on holiday and she came back and after 2 weeks asked me if I could do them again to which I said no because there has to be at least 3 weeks between. She wasn't happy and whined the whole time I was doing her nails. Then when I went to infill her nails I set my watch down next to me and kept an eye on the removal process for a few nails due to having sensitive skin. She then commented on me watching the time and basically asked if I had somewhere better to be. And I haven't heard from her since. I am bothered about losing a regular but feel like I don't know what I've done wrong.

Try not to worry. You have done nothing wrong, your client needs to wait three weeks between tints, if she doesn't want to take the advice from a qualified therapist, what can you do lovely?

No doubt you explained why you timed the removal, as explained in your post, so again I really wouldn't worry.

I'm all for retaining clients, but if your client has chosen to take exception based upon these two situations, especially for the tinting, then let's hope her next therapist upholds her standards like you- you've done so for her safety.

Chin up lovey, but don't forget there could also be many other reasons as to why she hasn't contacted you, none of which have anything to do with her last visit :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I just ask why she needs to wait 3 weeks before you will re-tint her? I've never heard of this before...

At college I was taught 4 weeks for an eyebrow tint, 6 weeks for an eyelash tint...

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

its always a shame loosing a client but sometimes loosing a client that is a complete pain in the ass is a relief :wink2:

Last edited:
I've never heard of having to wait 3 weeks either?

I haven't heard of 3 weeks either... I thought timings in between tints were just recommendations, not rules :S

I've never heard of that waiting a certain amount of weeks either? Is it a new/old thing that was taught?

I've never heard it either. I did mine again thurs night just 2 weeks after I did them as they faded quickly in the sun on holiday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught 3 weeks is just an example. If a client says "how long will this last" or "when do I need to come back" I say 2-3 weeks, depends on how fast your hairs cycle is.

X

I've never heard of his either, and I've been working as a beauty therapist in salons for 10 years.
We were taught to say it could last between 3-4 weeks but never told that you couldn't do it sooner if you wanted.

I've never heard of the 3/4 week thing either...

That it will last that long yes, but not that you had to wait that long before tinting again.

I too was always taught 4 weeks too I guess that's the guidelines but they are there for a reason. Also the client has had previous problems with waxing and tinting before she came to me. Didn't really fancy risking a reaction with skin nor hair. Another thing as well while I'm at it is that some clients ask for some other treatment when I was there and expect me to be able to do it with no notice. :confused:

I too was always taught 4 weeks too I guess that's the guidelines but they are there for a reason. Also the client has had previous problems with waxing and tinting before she came to me. Didn't really fancy risking a reaction with skin nor hair. Another thing as well while I'm at it is that some clients ask for some other treatment when I was there and expect me to be able to do it with no notice. :confused:

Surely it's great that your clients ask for further treatments. What if your work was dead and a client comes for a half leg wax and asks if you can do a facial as well? This would be a result!

It's easy enough to say to a client "I'm sorry but I can't do it now so let's book you in before you leave".

If you can't do it, you can't do it, but if you can you can turn your day around. It's when no one wants anything you need to worry!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I mean I get to the house and I've had times there's been 3 other people sitting wanting nails done there and then who can't make any other time and I hate saying no. I've seen me coming home at 11.30 at night due to going back to suit them. I've tried saying nicely that if they contact me before hand I could sort something out. Don't get me wrong I'll bend over backwards for my clients but sometimes I feel like they take a lend :| x

I think I would be huffed too. I have never heard of the rule that clients would need to wait 3 weeks or more before re tinting. Was it at college that you were told this? Or can you tell me where it is written?
When I first tint clients brows, those that are unsure of how dark they want to go, I always use a lighter tint and tell them to come back in a few days or a week to have them re tinted if they want them darker.
For those with a lot of white hairs, I tint, remove and re tint. So it doesn't make sense to wait 3-4 weeks to me.
For any sensitivity, I would imagine a 24 - 48 hour wait would suffice. Much the same as a hair colour.

Do you think maybe you misunderstood what college were teaching?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught 1 week interval is maximum frequency. By CIDESCO teacher. But of course if you know the client is sensitive then you have to be careful.

I have several sand timers, a wind up 60 minute timer and clocks dotted around the salon. I do loads of time critical treatments but I don't use my watch or mobile to time - I use a timer. Actually I find that I forget what time I started with when I glance at the clock discreetly. It hadn't occurred to me that clients might misunderstand why I am looking at the time - but I usually say "that's going to stay on for 12 mins" or whatever.

I often find that if I have a gap after a client's booking that I tend to run slow - and that's a bad thing in a city with expensive parking and vigilant traffic wardens. So I always monitor the time. I never have a problem refusing an additional treatment if I have other bookings - everyone appreciates a salon that usually runs to time and it makes life much less stressful.

I was definitely taught that rule at college by my tutor. I don't have an issue with doing it less then 3 weeks but when working on a client whose brows had practically been butchered including the skin being burnt off of waxing at another salon 4 months before hand I would always be caucious. I also said the nails would need to be soaked for 10 minutes.

I was definitely taught that rule at college by my tutor. I don't have an issue with doing it less then 3 weeks but when working on a client whose brows had practically been butchered including the skin being burnt off of waxing at another salon 4 months before hand I would always be caucious. I also said the nails would need to be soaked for 10 minutes.

I did my NVQ 2 in 2010 and was told the same thing by my tutor. She said its because hair can get over processed, the same as any hair colouring, and cause it to fall out. I've always worked on this basis but now seeing this I wonder if its correct. Xx

Latest posts

Back