Humph!! Fed up with 40!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
I have been off the site for a few weeks...again!!!

I was last on here on my birthday (40th!!) and I thought it would be the best birthday every.....how wrong was I. My darling husband decided not to book the time off of work so he wasn't home at all on the day. It was the same as any normal day cooking, cleaning etc. He organised a party at my Mum's on the following night and, apart from 2 friends and some family, no-one could come :irked: It was organised in haste (less than 2 weeks notice)so I was not surprised. I don't think I have ever looked forward to something so much and felt so let down. Oh! I didn't get a present either...well a bunch of flowers from the girls with his name on as well. I am still really p***ed with him. It's his 40th next year.....I was thinking of giving him a paper present...a 'divorce papers' present!!!!!!! and I have made sure I am working for his birthday this year :evil:

I came back from holiday in June really refreshed and ready to take on the world and now I feel ......well, ready for another holiday!!! (alone!!!)

Anyhoo, I am glad to be back with all my mates on the site :D

PS...I have another problem but will do a new thread for that!!!!!

Oh dear Nikki I do feel for you, Its my 40th in Dec and even though I keep saying I don't want any fuss, I do deep down wish that I will get some lol

Lellipop said:
Oh dear Nikki I do feel for you, Its my 40th in Dec and even though I keep saying I don't want any fuss, I do deep down wish that I will get some lol

Oh Lell, see us girlies need some TLC sometimes. My brother said to me 'Why do you women always say one thing and mean another?!!!' ......Well if men know that why don't they act upon it???

I did say that 'It's only another birthday!!' but deep down I felt like you do....I wanted to be special for a day!!!!

ahhhh Hon, know just how you feel :irked: my birthday is 27th December and usually my hubby says he hasn't bought me anything as the sales start the day after so I can go into town and choose something in the sales - so sweet of him NOT!!! :twisted: The year before last we decided to go to Scotland for the New Year with some friends, and left on my b-day well I didn't even get a card!! and my youngest who was 2 didn't even know it was my birthday - I was really hurt!! When I mentioned it to him he said .... well you know me I don't do cards!!!!!

Anyway here are some belated birthday hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx
I am sure they doen't mean it the way it comes across - sometimes I just don't think they know how hurtfull they can be!!

That's horrible Nikki

:smack: for thoughtless Husband (mine did that same thing on my birthday and will live to regret it for at least the forseeable future :lol: )

:D Happy Birthday Chick :D

Time to start working backwards now, so you'll be 39 next year :wink2:

Trin
xx

Niiiikkkkiiii!! *big hugs*

What can I say except...MEN ARE USELESS!!!

They have their uses and good days sometimes, but the majority of the time...well..! :smack:

Keep smiling chicha, I still luv yah xxxxxxxxxxx

aww poor you - i know how it feels - (neglect comes to mind) - i didnt even get a birthday card from my hubby for my 40th - (mind you i was flying to lanzarote at the time for our honeymoon) but he even spoilt that - i was ready to come back home on the same night we arrived there - dont dispair chuck - they always say

"IT ALWAYS COMES TO THOSE WHO WAIT"
tho i am still waiting - and im now 47 (in nov)

Oh bless you I did not want a big fuss on my 40th and I meant it so I was happy just to have a normal day.

I hope he makes it up to you xxx

Caz xxx

Happy 40th dear, you deserve it. You have reached that age where you are

You are still great to look at (40 year olds look like 30year olds these days compared with out mums)

Have learnt most of lifes lessons (and survived)

Got at least another 40 years to go and can make the decision to grow old 'disgracefully'

Have learnt the one thing that most of us have suspected for ages(men are total gits sometimes) unlesss you leave enough huge hints to actually get their butts into gear.

Have collected a great bunch of female friends along your life's course.

See........... its not all bad, in fact some of it is really great.

Happy belated birthday wishes.
Val

Aw mate it ain't that bad, I'm 42 now and loving it. Girls are grown up and I feel like I've got my life back, no wonder they say life begins at 40!!

When I was married my hubbie was a rule unto himself. Another of the Army wives had her hubbie completely under control. I asked her how she did it. She said, you can't be subtle with men, they don't understand this "I mean Yes when I say No, but I mean No when I say No too!!". You have to tell 'em straight, and so now that's what I do!! My poor boyfriend is now up to rule 2 million and seventy two!!

So for my 40th I made it clear I did NOT want any surprise parties, but I'd love to see a show in London and left it at that. We had a lovely day, and saw my fave show Les Miserables (blubbed again at the end!)

So Nikki, go out in the car, blast out Shangalang, and buy yourself a pressie worthy of your 40th. If the mountain won't come to Mohammed and all that!

:hug:

Aww, sorry to hear you to happy!!!
I hope you are feeling Fightingly Fabulously Forty soon!!!!! :hug: :Love:

had my 40th last week and it was a great day, so i'm sorry to hear yours was not what you hoped for. the others are right about men being a bit dense though, i told mine exactly what i wanted to recieve and how i wanted to spend the day and i got it. but the day before i heard him asking my daughter to buy a card for him to give me as she was nipping into town, i couldnt believe my ears, and said 'if you cant be bothered to choose one yourself, what is the point of sending me one at all' he just couldnt see what the problem was, they just dont think the way women do.

what i suggest for you is do like the queen does and have an official birthday as well as your real one. tell him about your plans and organise a great day and tell him exactly what he can do to make up for the last fiasco.

I am 33...but looking forward to reaching 40 cos i have heard great things...kids grown up...freedom...etc...lol

when i was reaching 30 rob hadnt mentioned anything and i though he hadnt arranged anything cos he kept saying "what do you want" and "what do you want to do" i was livid and had a right go at him...i told him he had had ages to sort something out and he shouldnt be asking me. Boy did i feel guilty when the day before my birthday his sister arrived to have the kids and rob had booked us into a hotel for the weekend with flowers and diamonds (ring and earings) and everything..it was brill and had a great time. Now i keep my trap shut and just trust that he has got me something.

Happy 40th hun and i agree with sassy...go and treat yourself on him...and make sure its expensive !!!!! that'll teach him xxxx

Lellipop said:

Feel exactly the same lell mine is in January.

Why not celebrate your 40th next year and tell him you got your age wrong, its not worth staying upset over babe, or is this just another thing in a long list of things he has done wrong.

THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!

You have all cheered me up. I really wanted a Gucci watch!!!! yeah, I know it was a lot of money but I have wanted one for years....but the girls at work got me a DKNY one to 'tide me over' until I get the Gucci one!!!! I also spent ALL of my birthday money, and some, on ME!!!!! I bought a fantastic 8 mega pixel camera (half price!!!!) and did my Brisa Conversion - which was a 1-2-1 as I was the only one on the course!!!! :cool:

Maybe we can celebrate by birthday at the 'Geek Picnic' at Earls Court???!!!!

Love to you all XXXXXX

Latest posts

Back