Hurry Up and DRY!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkletoes910

Reaction score
what's the best stuff to use to help polish dry quickly?

i polished my own nails wednesday night (of course it was right before i went to bed!) and it took over a friggin hour to dry! what's up with that??? maybe my house was too cold?

CHOP CHOP POLISH! I DONT HAVE ALL DAY!

I used my Creative UV Dry the other day, says you need to cure under the lamp for 3 mins but I held it to my daylight bulb for about 2 mins and they were rock hard. This was Tuesday and they are still chip free tonight :)

I had a coat of sticky, 2 coats of varnish and then the UV Dry. Its left them with a glass finish .. very cool :)

uv dry? i have seen this and never asked what it was ...is it just a top coat ? can you use it on acrylic???

i use solar speed spray to help dry polish and my friend (the rebel rival) uses OPI drip dry drops she loves them.....i like the smell of my speed spray lol
kat x

I also use Solar Speed Spray, works wonders :) and smells fab too.

i like thermoshield by nsi, can dry it under your lamp or 60watt globe, if you buy this make sure you get the thermo drops tho, to keep it thin. havent tried the creative one yet. i dont use thermo on any light colours tho, as it tends to grey over time, but its great on all other colours.

Hi
I use a product called "Out the Door", Its fabulous.

i use NSI Airshield! dries hard in 3 minutes, i am so impatient i can't polish my nails without using this stuff, otherwise i've got polish everywhere!!!

Has any one tried Creatives 'Dry&Shine'?
I had ago with it this morning....think I was a little impatiant with it!
I normally use 'Out the Door' and 'Solar Speed Spray' .
Can you use Creatives UV Dry under the Brisa lamp?
I do have it and used it once on one of my regulars to see how it went..and she said it seemed to peel of after a couple of days. Maybe i did something wrong!
Anyone????

Solar speed is fab. Ive also got a heat dry top coat from Creative and it gives a fantatic shine. You can use a hair dryer over it, I used the car heater yesterday as I applied mine in the car!

i am an "out the door fan" brilliant stuff i did like nsi airshield but found it to go quite thick very quickley

ValencianNails said:
I also use Solar Speed Spray, works wonders :) and smells fab too.
Same here!I use Solar Speed Spray,i used it at the craft fair last month and everyone loved it........Said it smells lovely!

i use solar speed, i think its the best and gives of a marzipan like smelling which the client always comment on and ask if i have any in stock. some clinets say they want to eat it cos it smells nice, dont worry i havnt given any to them to eat lol.

but its great the enamel is dry within minutes!!! fantastic and no waiting around!!

As an NSI user, i do actually use 'NSI Airshield', which is quite a thickish vaguely purpley tinge topcoat which dries ROCK HARD in 3mins, it's my nailart saviour! Gets rid of clients quicker!??! However, i have just bought IMD? Out The Door Holographic northern lights top coat in silver - dries flat in 60 secs! Fab stuff!!

Cute Tips said:
Can you use Creatives UV Dry under the Brisa lamp?
don't think so... I think I remember seeing a special lamp for the UV Dry :?: but I don't use it personally so not 100%

Glaze and go from nsi is good, paint on, cure then your done. Would like to try the solar speed spray heard alot of good things about it.

Take care xx

ahhh, so you don´t actually need to hold your hands under a 60 watt light bulb after applying this?

Katmoz33 said:
uv dry? i have seen this and never asked what it was ...is it just a top coat ? can you use it on acrylic???

I took this from the Creative4pros website:

UV Dry:

What it is:
A professional, fast drying UV activated top coat.

What it does:
Rapidly dries all layers of nail enamel when used with the Digital UV or Dail UV Lamp.
Creates a hard, protective coating that extends the life of nail enamel.
Provides a deep, rich, high gloss shine.

When you need it:
Delivers a professional quality, value added service.
Extends the life of a manicure.

Now like I said, I didnt put it under the lamp, just held it to my daylight lamp for a couple of minutes and they are still unchipped, glossy ang gorgeous this morning (Sunday) and I did them last Tuesday afternoon.

Now there is another product which looks interesting:

Creative Heat Dry (To be trueful this is what I thought I had, they look very similar and I must have bought the other by mistake as I dont hava a digital UV Lamp!)

Creative Heat Dry

What it is:
A professional fast drying heat activated top coat.

What it does:
Rapidly dries all layers of nail enamel when used with a 60watt table lamp.
Creates a hard, protective coating that extends the life of the enamel.
Creates a durable glossy shine.

When you need it:
Delivers a professional quality value added service.
Extends the life of a manicure.

I think it is for enamel only, but my enamel is over my fabric enhancements so to answer your question about using it with acrylics, I would say yes if you apply enamel over.
Right.. enough typing.. hope this clarrified the products for you :)

Air dry works really well as well with a quick burst of solar speed spraya nd 2 min later theya re rock solid dry. had a hiccup with o client but ahve used it on loads of others wiht no problems at all, if anyhting its a beast to remove lol.
x

Has anyone tried Toma's freeze it? It says it penetrates through 7 layers of polish to dry them hard 'in record time'. I've got some and it seems to work really well, but top coat not so glossy.

scattyfox said:
Air dry works really well as well with a quick burst of solar speed spraya nd 2 min later theya re rock solid dry. had a hiccup with o client but ahve used it on loads of others wiht no problems at all, if anyhting its a beast to remove lol.
x

I use air dry and out the door and they r both beasts to remove sometimes puts me off using it!

Latest posts

Back