Husbands/boyfriends..nails..do they mix?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My partner watches me when I do my own nail.. And I take longer then when I do a client and he is amazed at the work that goes into l&p! When I talk about nails, which is alot he he he just says it's really good that you are passionate about it! I listen to his it/computer talk so it's even really :) he is good with business stuff so can also help me grow which is what I'm doing now!

My husband 'mixed so well' we went into business together. :Love:

He watched my salons businesses grow and grow and eventually we went into training and distribution ... At that time, I made it mandatory for every male who worked in our place of business to do the beginners nail course! It gave them complete respect for what nail technicians do! One of my better ideas.

My man takes quite an interest, always asks what clients have had that day and gives me ideas when I'm all out of creativity. He knows the entire L&P procedure beginning to end and I'm pretty sure he would live to have a go at it but thinks his mates would give him some stick for it!

He's been a little less supportive recently as I made the transition from home salon to my own little shop, But he's warming to it a little now as its been a good start!

My boyfriend will pick a favorite nail when i wave them in his face and ask which is his favorite!!

He also told me off when i used to bite my nails!! hahaa

What can I say???? I'm brilliant! :wink2:

My hubby is useless :!: He does not give input, and when I show him a nice set he goes "hum mm nice...." without even looking up from his channel surfing.

He even get's a little jealous if I spend more that a few hours a week doing my nails. But he does talk me up to his work colleagues so he's not terrible.

My husband is now very aware of what Shellac is OPI and all the different tan solutions :

We were out last week and chatting to some people and he said to the lady I love your Shellac nails Lol:Scared:
Got a very strange look lol x

I'm quite lucky cause my bf does take an interest. He's even got quite good 'nail eyes' and notices people's nails and can tell wether there good or not lol he gives me an honest opinion on my work as well which is nice :) he's really supportive as well xx

My OH has asked me to sort out his hands tomorrow. I'm in for such a treat!! :D he's a mechanic so you can imagine.

He knows what shellac is and what OPI is now. He's slowly learning. Although when I first explained shellac to him and got cross cause he clearly wasn't listening, his description was: you put it on your nails and then under a thing to burn it.
I'm glad he knows better now. Well, I did shout at him for saying that haha x

My hubby is so good. Always makes nice comments when I have done something diff with my own nails. Being a home salon he will come in and offer water to my clients. They love him!! He has let me do a mani on him but then went and worked on cars in the shed after. He finally let me spray tan him after much encouragement from my friends husband. He then showed his tan line (boyshort undies, so on his leg) to everyone at work! He works on the mines... lol He always talk up.my business to his friends wives/ gfs. Bless him x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back