Hypnotherapy? Your thoughts please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hev

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone had any hypnotherapy if so what you think??

i haven't had any hypnotherapy but i totally would!

Watch the "Penn and Teller bulls*h*t" video about this. I have to agree with them, I think it would work if you are impressionable, I guess some people benefit from it, I'd rather save my money and use my will power directly. I will look for the link.

for it to work, you really have to want to do it, a hypnotist cannot make you do anything you don't "really" want to do, that includes giving up smoking.
Hypnosis combined with NLP is brilliant, many of my clients have had it, but you "must" really want it to work, not just expect it to be a miracle cure for anything.

I have watched Derren Brown's programmes a few time and I am sure it is not for me. I really don't think I could 'surrender' that much of myself.:eek:

I have watched Derren Brown's programmes a few time and I am sure it is not for me. I really don't think I could 'surrender' that much of myself.:eek:

exactly, you only "surrender" if you want to

I had hypnothrepy to give up smoking 11 years ago and have never smoked since.

The thing is if you go to a hypnotherapist to give up smoking for example you must really want to give up, as this is quite a big step towards stopping, actually paying someone to help you. You already have the want to and the hypnotherapist gives you permission to do so, however you could have done it on your own if only you believed you could just stop. As the video says if you are self motivated to stop then hypnotherapy will help you. :) What I am trying to say is that it will work, if you really want it to, but it in itself, without this internal motivation it is not the cure, therefore on it's own without your will power it would not work. Your will power is what stops you smoking, not the hypnotherapy.

So I guess, in my opinion:
Can hypnotherapy help you to stop smoking? Yes
Can hypnotherapy stop you from smoking? No

I have a real phobia with wasps it ruins my summers and I look like a complete fool running from a tiny insect
I would love to overcome this and was thinking about hypnotherapy as I have tried to overcome it myself but as soon as I see or hear one I totally freak out
maybe I'll not bother with the hypnotherapy now

So I guess, in my opinion:
Can hypnotherapy help you to stop smoking? Yes
Can hypnotherapy stop you from smoking? No

Hi

I have had hypnosis on several occassions for different things and it is true what weezie has said, it HELPS.

You need to really want to do something and work with hypnosis to get to where you want to be.

I have not had a cigarette for 7 weeks now, so Yes I do think it works.

Em xx

Why don't you try talking to the doctor about this as they can pass you on to someone who can help you with this phobia (Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps)- usually a trained psychologist, they will talk through your phobia and help you to cope with it.

I never really thought about telling my doctor I didn't even know it had a name!!!
maybe I'll give it a try
thanks

You're welcome, they may actually even use hypnosis techniques to help you.-clinical hypnosis :)

Found this really good site and it says to go to your GP to get refered to your local NHS service
NPS treatment and help - Talking Therapies

hmmm, well im booked in on friday 13th to see one, so fingers crossed, should be interesting.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes ... one, two, three ... back in the room! (one of the funniest Little Britain sketches ever, IMO) :lol:

Seriously though, although I've never undergone hypnotherapy myself, I do know of many people who have and swear by it.

Good luck hun :hug:

lol.....i love little britain :lol:

any way i was going have hypnotherapy in jan as i suffer from panic attacks
(sounds good coming from an aromatherapist hay!!) my friend who ushally does them is preg so cant. Anyway the lady who i went to see cost £500 for 12 treatments which mmmm thought bit to much but would love to go.

any of you suffer from this?

Hey, has anyone had any hypnotherapy if so what you think??

Yes and it worked.

I wanted to stop smoking and couldn't find the will power on my own and this sorted it out.

I'd recommend it but you've got to want to quite whatever it is first.

i am actually thinking about getting this for confidence. i have none, i know alot of you maybe thinking i do, but i dont, i really need to overcome this (for reasons i wont go into), ive had a hypnotherapist recomended with 99% "cure", for want of a better word. but im willing to give anything a go, only because i have to, and need to

Latest posts

Back