i dont know what skin care cleanser to use...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prettylady

Reaction score
its funy that a girl as high maintance as me - who is so into make up - is SO clueless as to a good skincare range.

ur all going to gasp - but til now, ive always used body shop peach scrub face wash on my face, every night, takes ALL my make up off (and i wear a lot) mascara too...

to my horror its been discontinued.

i bought a seaweed scrub, but even i know that at my age (nearly 30) its time to get a decent cleanser

i use good moisturiser - estee lauder, verite range - and perfect world origins white tea balm

but what do i get to take my make up off with? i prefer a wash, itl ltake me too long with cotton wool buds...any recommendations? i have good skin, no spots, midly sensitive though..

also - do i need a toner? what does that too?

i dont want to keep scrubing...(please dont tell me off, lol)...:lol:

professional advice only please, i dont do boots/l'oreal, etc - ..body shop was a one off, cos it always agreed with me..

I use jojoba oil, which is what my skincare company use as a makeup remover. It is fabulous and will remove all your makeup including mascara (even waterproof). All you have to do is massage it all over and remove with a washcloth.

For the rest of your products I would suggest you go and visit salons in your area and ask them to look at your skin and make some recommendations and give you some samples.

they sell that in superdrug, small bottle..then i just wash my face?
i only really need a cleanser, im happy with mt balm, and my moisturiser..
i dont really know any good salons to be honest..

bit confused, you have indicated that you are a skin geek, but you don't know what a toner is for?

bit confused, you have indicated that you are a skin geek, but you don't know what a toner is for?
ok. il break it down for you...
i never said i was a skin geek, ive said before im a make up artist, i just ticked skin geek cos it was the most applicable out of nail, hair, and skin geek.

i have never given any professional advice to anyone either as im aware im far from a skin geek.

i know what a toner is, the question was more "how essential is it to a skin cae routine?"

:hug:

Hi Pretty lady and everyone else,
I love and swear by liz earle products.
As a cleanser I use cleanse and polish, it removes all make up and eyemake up too, it comes with a muslin cloth that you remove all the cleanser with.
I love the products so much I even use them on my clients.
Liz Earle has a website lizearle.co.uk
a shop in london, slone square I think,
or you can order the products from QVC,
which is where I first heard of them.
To be honest you are best to look and order them from the website as you pay about £3 p+p for as much as you order, but with QVC you pay p+p on every item.

Forgot to say the products are REALLY resonable about £11 for 100ml of cleanse and polish.

Hope you find this helpful.
Emma
xx
:hug:​

Last edited:
thank you, thats very helpful, and answers my question...
i was thinking of getting the estee lauder verite cleansing fluid, but liz earle sounds good too..thanks again :hug:

Hi Pretty lady and everyone else,
I love and swear by liz earle products.
As a cleanser I use cleanse and polish, it removes all make up and eyemake up too, it comes with a muslim cloth that you remove all the cleanser with.
I love the products so much I even use them on my clients.
Liz Earle has a website lizearle.co.uk
a shop in london, slone square I think,
or you can order the products from QVC,
which is where I first heard of them.
To be honest you are best to look and order them from the website as you pay about £3 p+p for as much as you order, but with QVC you pay p+p on every item.

Forgot to say the products are REALLY resonable about £11 for 100ml of cleanse and polish.

Hope you find this helpful.
Emma
xx

:hug:​

:eek:eek that made my eyes hurt:eek:

Good advice i love Liz Earle too !

Your welcome,
It is so cheap and so good, I have got so many friends and clients onto the products too.

If you fancy treating yourself to a new hand cream the HAND REPAIR is lovely.

also, EYEBRIGHT is amazing, reduces puffy eyes dark circles and lovely over the eyes while a mask is on, I keep mine in the fridge!

I am gonna stop now, as you only wanted a cleanser, and I could talk about Liz Earle products all night.
:)

emma, i just type in my skin range and it rec me that same one straightaway - BUT doesnt the muslin go manky after a few washes? how do u keep it clean?
x

oohh im hooked already - is the mask good too? i need a good mask...

ok. il break it down for you...
i never said i was a skin geek, ive said before im a make up artist, i just ticked skin geek cos it was the most applicable out of nail, hair, and skin geek.

i have never given any professional advice to anyone either as im aware im far from a skin geek.

i know what a toner is, the question was more "how essential is it to a skin cae routine?"

It would be a good idea to put that in your profile because it is a bit confusing. If you put a bit more info in your profile people know more about you and don't have to ask.

they sell that in superdrug, small bottle..then i just wash my face?
i only really need a cleanser, im happy with mt balm, and my moisturiser..
i dont really know any good salons to be honest..
I can't help with where to buy it. Here in Australia it's generally found in health food shops (I get mine from a skincare company though).
It's not a cleanser, but can be used as a makeup remover. If your wearing heavy makeup it's best to remove your makeup and then cleanse.

They don't need to be good salons, just willing to give samples. I don't think we can really advice on skincare products without seeing your skin. There are heaps of great brands out there and what works for one won't work for another. SO try some samples and see how they go.

HTH

Ooops forgot about the toner.
This is how I think of it. The more effort you put into your skincare routine, the better the results will be.
I think the absolute necessary is cleansing, moisturising twice daily and exfolliating weekly. Then you can add in things like a mask, toner, serums etc.

well i just made my (rather expensive order) i got the cleanse and polish cleanser (xtra muslins) and small versions of the eyebright, hand cream, toner, and face exfoliator (£4 ones) to try. I also got my mum an eyebright too as she gets VERY puffy eyes and shes willing to try anything!

so thanks again, and il let u know how i get on...

wish id done this ages ago to be honest...oh well..

hi prettylady,

I too use Liz Earle, on myself AND my clients.

i use cleanse and polish, and remove it with steamed mitts (muslin for me though).
I use the toner, exfoliator, brightening mask, eye serum, daily eye repair and then moisturiser.

emma, i just type in my skin range and it rec me that same one straightaway - BUT doesnt the muslin go manky after a few washes? how do u keep it clean?
x

You can put them in your washing machine.She also sells them as extra or you can buy large muslin squares in baby departments.Ive definately seen them in mothercare,

Liz Earle is a lovely range.I wish she would go along the professional route as i would definately use it.Its all very plant based,not tested on animals and they do not use mineral oils.

You should use a gentle toner(no alcohol content)to remove any excess cleanser refresh and rehydrate.Liz earles you can have in a spray and use it like a spritzer great for holidays when you are hot or if anyone is having menopausal hot flushes.

She does a scrub which is sugar so it disappears.You should scrub 2 or 3 times a week but not everyday its not necessary at your age.

im really looking forward to start a good proper skincare routine...
THANKS VERY MUCH to all u ladies...appreciate it, as i really didnt have a clue:eek:

I didn't think Liz Earl was a professional salon product!? Estee lauder and the body shop certainly aren't but if you don't want salon results they may be fine. I thought we were meant to be sticking to professional only products for advise.

I didn't think Liz Earl was a professional salon product!? Estee lauder and the body shop certainly aren't but if you don't want salon results they may be fine. I thought we were meant to be sticking to professional only products for advise.

I have no problems recommending Liz Earle as far as i am concerned it is as good as, if not better than many professional products.
It should be a professional range.I have often asked them if they will be going along that route and making big sizes.
It advertises on this site so i presume it is ok to recommend.

Hi all
Just to let you know pretty lady, the muslin cloths last for ages after a week just stick them in the washing machine and they come up as good as new.
After each cleanse I just rinse them through with hot water and hang it on the radiater.
Also put the cleanse and polish on dry skin, all over eyes (it doesn`t sting) then get your muslin cloth nice and hot, then remove all cleanser.
The muslin cloth makes such a difference. Its good that you get a few in with the cleanser too.

The masks are also lovely, there is honestly not one of the products that I wouldnt recommend.

The mens range is good too.

xx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back