i hate nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had requests for bogging nails in the past, what gets me is that the wearers of these nails will be out there pleased as punch flashing their monstrosities and telling everyone where they got them done. What crappy advertising!:eek:

MINKUS said:
Oh gosh i had a nightmare last night.

I will never ever slag my clients for having boring french again:eek:

I had a distress phone call at 7pm someone desperate to have there nails removed and re applied. Do i do nail art she ask's ...well yes i say rhinestones, flicks, glitter that type of thing not airbrushing.

She arrives with the longest nails i have ever seen, most lifting and hanging off.

I soak off and clip them all off, ('damaged nail plates r us' underneath )and re apply (ah yes ive also decided i HATE REALLY LOnG nails too) much much longer than i would recommend or like but...this is what the client wants.

Then ....overlay with gel....my intention being barberella glitter tips, few rineshones along the smile, coverage gel on the nail bed.

We apply the glitter - :irked: dont like the glitter :irked: what else have you got

Finally finish at 11.30pm :zzz: and they were the worst nails i have ever put my name to.

Pinky red nail beds, silver glitter tips, rhinestones along the silver glitter smile.

SHE LOVED EM....or so she said....i thought they were awful.

Whaddya do in situations like this? NEVER EVER EVER would i work this late.

Worst thing is.....she really wants a daytime appointment next time and i feel really really really bad:green: i gave her the only other persons number i know who works daytime appointments and she IS GOING TO KILL ME:eek:

feel bad:rolleyes: cant stop thinking about how bad they looked

amb x
God Amb bet you were thinking (I just wanna get in my bed) and don't you think the longer you're spending on one set that time the more you're thinking just want to get them done and get her out the door. I love all my clients but thats invading "my time" I did a party the once there was only supposed to be 3 clients 1 an hour each I said to my hubby Ill be back at 9pm. They decided to invite 3 others!!!!! I ended up getting home 12.45!!! Never again my hubby thought I had been abducted and nearly phoned the police I didn't have my mobile and he had no number for me. So I know how you feel chick bet they were fab though. Ali xxxx

Vetty said:
I had Nail Graphix Barbierella on recently - drew a mixed reaction!!! Not to everyone's taste and not one of my clients asked for it!! When I had Intergalactica on, I had loads of requests!!

Sounds like a good job done in tricky circumstances Amber - don't beat yourself up!

I love barbierellaI wore it at Xmas and 2 clients wanted it just for Xmas time after seeing mine....... it's a bit OTT for every day though!

nora525 said:
I'm a barbie girl, in my barbie world, it's fantastic, so plastic.......
PMSL
:lol::)
so glad I'm to far away for you to send her to me

we have all had days like that but you made it through

Can't believe you had to work that late!! Poor you. She sounded pleased with her nails, I'm sure you did a great job, even if they weren't your taste. :)

maybe it's just her nails, keep in mind, if she likes it....you must be doing a pretty good job since she got her nails done before :) I ALWAYS have problem with REALLY long nails .

Latest posts

Back