i hate nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Oh gosh i had a nightmare last night.

I will never ever slag my clients for having boring french again:eek:

I had a distress phone call at 7pm someone desperate to have there nails removed and re applied. Do i do nail art she ask's ...well yes i say rhinestones, flicks, glitter that type of thing not airbrushing.

She arrives with the longest nails i have ever seen, most lifting and hanging off.

I soak off and clip them all off, ('damaged nail plates r us' underneath )and re apply (ah yes ive also decided i HATE REALLY LOnG nails too) much much longer than i would recommend or like but...this is what the client wants.

Then ....overlay with gel....my intention being barberella glitter tips, few rineshones along the smile, coverage gel on the nail bed.

We apply the glitter - :irked: dont like the glitter :irked: what else have you got

Finally finish at 11.30pm :zzz: and they were the worst nails i have ever put my name to.

Pinky red nail beds, silver glitter tips, rhinestones along the silver glitter smile.

SHE LOVED EM....or so she said....i thought they were awful.

Whaddya do in situations like this? NEVER EVER EVER would i work this late.

Worst thing is.....she really wants a daytime appointment next time and i feel really really really bad:green: i gave her the only other persons number i know who works daytime appointments and she IS GOING TO KILL ME:eek:

feel bad:rolleyes: cant stop thinking about how bad they looked

amb x

Hi

That sounds just like the nails I want! Can you do them exactly the same tomorrow??? hehehehehe

xx

whitmore said:
Hi

That sounds just like the nails I want! Can you do them exactly the same tomorrow??? hehehehehe

xx

oh matey, it was just wrong ! maybe its me....im not the most creative person in the world:cry:

I told her i knew of someone whos work would be just up her street 'bling nails' !

bit to far away though!

amb x

In fairness, they probably did look really good but as you are not used to them then they could have looked OTT to you.
She said she liked them so what more can you do? Stop stressing chick, you will never see her again, you hope!
xx

I hate days like this, just try and forget about it mate, she probably did love them, after looking at them for so long you must have seen every flaw. :hug:

If she likem em then thats what counts! Although she does sound a bit fussy and a bit of a nightmare keeping you going so late!!

xxx

I'm a barbie girl, in my barbie world, it's fantastic, so plastic.......

I hope you charged well for them and I hope she tipped you nicely if you didn't. 11:30!:eek: :!: Good gracious. I was well tucked up in bed at that time. You must be exhausted today,lol. Her enhancements were probably in such a bad way to begin with because she wears them tooooooo long.

hey if thats what the client wants amber!!! everyone to there own taste and all that!!

i once had my nails done -before i could do them myself) i had them done french then the brightest pink polish over them - then with white smiles drawn back on! i could see it in my techs face she was thinking 'what the' but i loved em! xx

you did well amber! if my client decided she didnt like them, i would be firmly yet nicely telling her that she can try something different next time,lol. do you mean nail graphix barbierella? did she decide after the first tip or on the 10th? :eek: no wonder you hate nail art! x

YES I AM GOING TO KILL YOU !!!!!!......lol....you Gonk ! xxxx

NailStyle said:
YES I AM GOING TO KILL YOU !!!!!!......lol....you Gonk ! xxxx

well we share EVERyTHiNG dont we! lmao

Amb x

I had Nail Graphix Barbierella on recently - drew a mixed reaction!!! Not to everyone's taste and not one of my clients asked for it!! When I had Intergalactica on, I had loads of requests!!

Sounds like a good job done in tricky circumstances Amber - don't beat yourself up!

LOL!!!! You crack me up woman!! That's the funniest thing I've read all week!! :hug:

xxxx

Vetty said:
I had Nail Graphix Barbierella on recently - drew a mixed reaction!!! Not to everyone's taste and not one of my clients asked for it!! When I had Intergalactica on, I had loads of requests!!

Sounds like a good job done in tricky circumstances Amber - don't beat yourself up!

What's "Barbierella"? anyone got a pic? Or intergalactica?

this sounds like a daft question - when your doing nail art with gels - but do u mix the glitter in with your gel?? and does it mix evenly?
ive done glitter acrylic before but never glitter gels! xx

when i do glitter with gels i get a load of glitter and dump it in a dappen dish. then i get a big bead of gel and mix it up. if the glitter is not in big bits then it goes on fine. Cure it and then put a top coat on. it is always smooth for me. you can feel the glitter a little bit but nothing bad or sticky outy or anything.

by the way amber, you are hilarious. pmsl!

Ha! ha! Amber... that is soo funny!
As soon as I read that you had given her the number of the only other person you could think of with a daytime appointment ... I knew just WHO you had dropped in it, rofl!!!
I dunno who needs friends like these eh, Angie :wink2:
I know what you mean though, everyone knows I like to dabble with a bit of nailart but sometimes even I look and think 'thats soo damn tacky'. Its very rare I go over the top on a full set these days, and like you I cringe when peeps ask me to!
Btw... bet you never thought to get pics did you?

VHunter said:
What's "Barbierella"? anyone got a pic? Or intergalactica?

Here's Intergalatica

Barbierella is just very very sparkly pink glitter!! I didn't take a pic when I was wearing it..... Both are Nail Graphix products.

PMSL laughing Amber - sorry! I think you did very well though and obviously stayed very professional throughout! xx

Latest posts

Back