I have got a bat in my treatment room!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-miss-owl

Reaction score
Most random thing I've had happen during a treatment this morning.... During a massage a bat has come out the disused chimney and flown around, hung off the picture rail and gone back up!

My client was amazing and we were both in stitches, so lucky she didnt go mental.

Its just come out to say hi again. What the hell are you supposed to do about bats?! I thought the chimney was blocked up. Evidently not haha will try and get a piccie next time it pays a visit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Think you need to ring authorities about bats as they are endangered,they'll come to get rid for you.

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Aww I like bats but not in the treatment room obviously ha at least you had a good client yeah id ring rspca or something it might be injured good luck!

<3 Stephanie <3

It flew around and then hung off the picture rail, doesn't sound injured, it sounds like normal bat behaviour lol! But you never know :)

Think they are a protected species.

Bat Conservation Trust 0845 1300 228
[email protected]

I worry about myself sometimes .. I opened this thread expecting to read that you have had a bad experience in your beauty room and you now have a bat ready to defend yourself from madmen, crazy women, and axe murderers.

I watch way too much real life crime and murder programmes :rolleyes:

I worry about myself sometimes .. I opened this thread expecting to read that you have had a bad experience in your beauty room and you now have a bat ready to defend yourself from madmen, crazy women, and axe murderers.

I watch way too much real life crime and murder programmes :rolleyes:

Lol! Or a really annoying, old woman!

Think you need to ring authorities about bats as they are endangered,they'll come to get rid for you.

Um.... As a conservation graduate I hate to say but likely no, they wont - they'll protect the bat at any cost! Including banning you from using harmful chemicals, decorating, building work etc etc.

Make sure batty is outside, then block up the chimney. Then ask advice of your local bat group - they may suggest putting a bat box up in your garden for instance, giving him somewhere else to hang

(I don't normally condone avoiding doing the right thing, but animal people can get, shall we say, a little carried away? Several people I know called about newts or badgers for advice and have had building sites closed, planning permission revoked etc.)

This recently happened in my work...as previously said bats are protected. We were advised under no circumstances to try getting rid of it. Also local protection groups didn't come out either. They said a bat only comes out in such places, when it's lost and usually they will try to find their way back out however, you need to then block their access as they might try to come back. As they are protected we actually had to move office for two days, also they can be a risk for pregnant women so two workers had go home. Eventually it got to the point we had to catch it (despite this being illegal) and let it outside because we were never going to be able to work lol

Every time I look at the title of this thread I smile. I keep thinking the bat is a client!:D

I had a bat in my toilet once. I mean actually down the toilet!!!!!!!

It hooked itself under the rim and you can imagine my surprise when I went for my early morning pee when it flew out from between my legs and flapped about my head!!!!!!!

The husband upon hearing my "theres a bat, theres a bat" screams, came to my rescue and helped mr batfink out the window. Poor thing, I would imagine being woken up to the sight of my bare butt would put most creatures in a flap!!!!!

Can laugh about it now, can even laugh at the "bat out of hell" jokes lol

I had a bat in my toilet once. I mean actually down the toilet!!!!!!!

It hooked itself under the rim and you can imagine my surprise when I went for my early morning pee when it flew out from between my legs and flapped about my head!!!!!!!

The husband upon hearing my "theres a bat, theres a bat" screams, came to my rescue and helped mr batfink out the window. Poor thing, I would imagine being woken up to the sight of my bare butt would put most creatures in a flap!!!!!

Can laugh about it now, can even laugh at the "bat out of hell" jokes lol

Oh my God! This is the stuff of nightmares for me! Hitchcock couldn't have thought of such a fright! Lol!

Um.... As a conservation graduate I hate to say but likely no, they wont - they'll protect the bat at any cost! Including banning you from using harmful chemicals, decorating, building work etc etc.

Make sure batty is outside, then block up the chimney. Then ask advice of your local bat group - they may suggest putting a bat box up in your garden for instance, giving him somewhere else to hang

(I don't normally condone avoiding doing the right thing, but animal people can get, shall we say, a little carried away? Several people I know called about newts or badgers for advice and have had building sites closed, planning permission revoked etc.)

Oh wow! They really are protected...maybe a brave and gentle person with a teatowel could help "encourage" it back outside?

Haha guys this thread has made me laugh so much. Batman has not appeared again thank goodness, was such a shock. They can quite happily live up there, I just blocked the chimney up a bit more so he can stay in his little house and not mine.

Latest posts

Back