I have no spray tan solution and 2 people to tan today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I am so bloody annoyed and will mention no names but feel very let down and upset that I tried to place an order Monday, & said I need it as it is for a wedding party I have Thursday,

was told to call back Tuesday which I did, placed the order, then told it takes three working days to get the tan...FFS three working days when I've been told one..

I'm still awaiting the solution, no sign, rang up, they havent got a clue when it was dispatched. I am upset and let down and feel I don't want to order from the ever again.

Anyone any ideas? At the latest I have to tan her tomorrow, I have 3 tans to do Saturday with the normal solution..but no solution here.

It's making me look flipping stupid..and my business too, it looks like I don't order stuff in time.

Feel really cross annoyed and at a loss as what to do here. Any ideas please?

Tink
Where are you? I have some Sienna 8%, 8.5% and 10% that you can borrow until your supply turns up? I've got a kids party in an hour if you want to pick it up you can do?
Cx

I've had similar problems with a well known site that sells hopi ear candles, I ordered them on Wednesday last week ready for an appointment on Friday, no show, had to drive across town to borrow a pair.
Next day a client asked for them had to turn them down.

Then on Monday get an email apologising for delay but they haven't got any in stock.....could have told me on Wednesday!

Got 2 appointments booked for Saturday and they've sent me enough to cover but it means that I'm going to have to say no to any new appointments.

I am very very let down and disheartened, it's not as if the stuff is cheap I'm tempted to buy white to brown but have never used the stuff. Why should we lose money because of their incompetency?

I feel very panicky and anxious about the whole thing. Still waiting for someone to ring me back. Great customer service. Not.:eek:

If you are really stuck I can post you some solution??

I have tantrick solutions if that's any good and Im in Dewsbury

Is it just me?......but I do think all this ordering products on the actual week you are going to need it for an appointment is a bit last minute.
Not just on this thread, there have been a few lately, and then because the couriers don't get their in time or the product is out of stock,so of course, it is all the suppliers fault and nothing to do with you ordering it at the last minute ;)

Sorry if I sound harsh here but proper stock control should mean that you never run out of your basic products.

Obviously this does not excuse poor customer service, if people don't call you back when they say they will or keep you updated. But if you phone and order something last minute for an appointment within 1-2 days, suppliers are not miracle workers that can make it materialise in your salon before your client is due, therefore yoou have to take some of the responsibility.

Just my views, but I obviously hoope you get sorted before your clients, no one like to lose business.

Last edited:
is all the suppliers fault and nothing to do with you ordering it at the last minute ;)

Sorry if I sound harsh here but proper stock control should mean that you never run out of your basic products.

Well it is harsh to say I've been in the business 9 years, I know how ordering works, I've used this company for 5 years, next day delivery normally, I pay £11 for the P & P and the product is a premium one.

I can work up to 60 hours a week in summer and am a single parent of two small children, rushing here there and everywhere - sometimes we can't all focus fully on how many ml's there is left in a tanning bottle and if we get referrals, which I do, how can you predict demand?

All my stock is ordered usually at the beginning of the week, which is when the calls come in..and usually it's here by Thursday at the latest.

I manage to run up to Creative to buy Minx stock and it is in. All they have to do is stick a bottle in the post and hey ho it's there the next day. But not this company who have now called to say it was damaged in the post...yeh right someone here doesn't believe them...

I've used this company for 5 years, next day delivery normally, I pay £11 for the P & P and the product is a premium one.

All my stock is ordered usually at the beginning of the week, which is when the calls come in..and usually it's here by Thursday at the latest.

But not this company who have now called to say it was damaged in the post...yeh right someone here doesn't believe them...

Maybe I am just a belt and braces person but I would always have a spare bottle for instances like this. (Yes, I know I am a bit OCD too lol!!!)

I got caught out once and ran out of monomer when I was convinced there was still a bottle left in the stock cupboard and there wasn't. :rolleyes:
Thankfully my employee had a space and could drive over to the then CND Onestop shop to get some more or I would have been right up S**t creek. After that I always re ordered when there was still 1 bottle left in the cupboard.

On another note, surely if you have dealt with this company for 5 years with no problems then they deserve the benefit of the doubt when this one order doesn't go according to plan.
Sometimes couriers do manage to damage parcels and the bottle could have had a faulty lid and leaked in transit, it could have got mixed up with another order....in fact all manner of things can go wrong and do go wrong, I have experienced most of these things whilst working for distributors.
I also have had customers claim that packages and products have been damaged in transit, and expect them replaced for free, only to suddenly change their mind when asked if the could possibly send a photograph of the damaged items ;). Obviously with 9 years in this business you must have come across all manner of things like this too.

I really hope you get sorted before your appointments, and I think this thread has shown the brilliant side of Salon Geek in that your fellow geeks have rallied round to help you out with offers of solution.

Hi just wondered which tan you are short of I'm in Barnsley and have loads of stock of Su-do if thats any help. Diane

Just seen this and have to say think it's really lovely the way you girls have rallied round to help tinky winky - I'd offer mine but sure it would be bit of drama getting it over from Northern Ireland!lol

Tinkywinky - I order from spraytansupermarket.com - ring up Les - helpful, friendly, great prices, quick delivery and fantastic range of tans - maybe worth changing? I use a-tan - amazing!

On another note, can sense your frustration however I'm sure you will learn from this to always have your back up tan supply! I always like to have one full bottle of each tan in stock as well as the one I'm currently using, too much of a risk otherwise.

I am so bloody annoyed and will mention no names but feel very let down and upset that I tried to place an order Monday, & said I need it as it is for a wedding party I have Thursday,

was told to call back Tuesday which I did, placed the order, then told it takes three working days to get the tan...FFS three working days when I've been told one..

I'm still awaiting the solution, no sign, rang up, they havent got a clue when it was dispatched. I am upset and let down and feel I don't want to order from the ever again.

Anyone any ideas? At the latest I have to tan her tomorrow, I have 3 tans to do Saturday with the normal solution..but no solution here.

It's making me look flipping stupid..and my business too, it looks like I don't order stuff in time.

Feel really cross annoyed and at a loss as what to do here. Any ideas please?
First thing you need to establish when you choose a supplier is where they get their products from. This is as important as the product you are using. Why!,because no matter how good anything is if you don't have it when you need it it really no good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
TW, if it is sienna x then we are a sub distributor and mail out by 48hr courier.
I cant help you for tomorrow, but 99% of the time we have full stock for the future, 0845 2000 311.

Latest posts

Back