I know you trained stylists will prob shout at me...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally i wouldnt chance it not with it being colour im sorry to say this but
the fact of not seeing her certificates and using your own card to purchase
the products off your own card.
warning all she would have to do is get in touch with the training school she trained with to get copies in my eyes no certs not trained in that area
deehair

She is deffo qualified, I know her thru' a friend of mine, she worked at some swish salons in London too, before settling on working from home after she had her son. But her talents lie with her cuttling skills, she produces fabulous cuts.

Her certs are in the loft at her Mums in London, she's never bothered with getting them as nobody has asked to see them before where we live and she tends to go to her local hair and beauty suppliers for the odd bulk buy when visiting her family. I only decided to purchase the colour without my discount so that it's cheaper for me really.

personally i wouldnt chance it not with it being colour im sorry to say this but
the fact of not seeing her certificates and using your own card to purchase
the products off your own card.
warning all she would have to do is get in touch with the training school she trained with to get copies in my eyes no certs not trained in that area
deehair

Had this thought too.. sounded a bit dodgy.. and before i saw you had changed your mind i thought "Noooooo!!! put down the mixing bowl and peroxide!!" Good on you for THINKING it through! I realise you are having troubles and hope that everything goes well for you.. but i say..
- Buy a fantastic head scarfe, or grab an old piece of material with a pattern you love.. practise the ol' Zig Zaging of the part trick.. Do anything but your own roots.. if your hair is in great condition and you are happy with it then dont jepordise it! but as you already decided not to.. well done!
PS.. head wraps, scarfes and bandoo's can really give you a lift and funk up any outfit.. On bad hair days i always disguise mine with wrappings of material and bobby pins.. and dont fuss.. the messier your hair is underneath the better it looks!

I am all for NOT doing your hair yourself if you don't know what you are doing but surely this is an extreme case????

I do not use kolosten but is 12/11 from the high lift range????

I get what people are saying about not putting 12%/40 vol on the scalp and in some cases I agree (when using bleach products) but most "DEVELOPERS" used with high lift tints are about 37/38vol anyway.:!:

I know this is the case with loreal and a rep once told us to use 40 vol if we ever ran out of developer.

I think a lot of people have scared Miss Biscuit and if she is happy with her stylist and trusts her, who are we to doubt this lady.

She could have genuinley LOST her certificates and therefore cannot apply for a wholesalers card.

Lighten up guys, why are people so mistrusting these days??!!!!:lol:

- Buy a fantastic head scarfe, or grab an old piece of material with a pattern you love.. practise the ol' Zig Zaging of the part trick..
PS.. head wraps, scarfes and bandoo's can really give you a lift and funk up any outfit.. On bad hair days i always disguise mine with wrappings of material and bobby pins.. and dont fuss.. the messier your hair is underneath the better it looks!

Fantastic advice littlegrohl..great ideas.

I know you didn't want to give your friend a post dated cheque but have you thought about offering a treament swap???

Great suggestion Ruthsy. I know I would love to swap out services.

Hi just read about your problem, please look inside the packet some colours equire 1+1 equal amounts of each so just check it out if your still unsure i am sure someone in sallys can help.
one thing you should be careful is that you only do the roots and then the ends and that you get the right colour that matches the colour already on your head.
hope this helps and good luck

This thread started on 11 April this year......surely Miss Biscuit has followed all the wonderful advice given on here and had her roots professionally done by now lol:lol:

Latest posts

Back