I need an Infill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_Tamara_x

Reaction score
I usually do my own nails, I'm not qualified or anything, I just picked up the skills while watching my technician doing my nails, but ive just come back from holiday and my nails DESPERATLY need infills, but have noo idea how to do them myself.. i have all the equipment. please help!!!:cry:

If you had training - they'd have shown you how to rebalance!!!!

I haven't been trained, i just do them myself by copying what my nail technician does!
xxxx

Why not book an appointment with a professional nail tech who will know exactly how to infil them for you? Problem solved :hug:

Last edited:
Why not do what we all had to do on here... pay for a course!

Geeks on here are usually only happy to give advice to ....qualified techs only,people that do their own nails.... unqualified could be doing more harm than good BTW.

Last edited:
I'm sorry hun, but you will not get any help or advice on here as this is a forum for professional nail techs who have spent thousands of pounds, blood, sweat & tears training their pants off to be able to produce a great set of nails.
Any tech worth their salt will say to you........
If you actually like doing your own nails, then have a look on here at the training options and choose a company and go get some training.

You never know - you may end up having your own nail business.

Why not do what we all had to do on here, pay for a course!Geeks on here are usually only happy to give advice to qualified techs only!

i totally agree,

this is a professional site for professionals.

Why not do what we all had to do on here... pay for a course!

Geeks on here are usually only happy to give advice to ....qualified techs only,people that do their own nails.... unqualified could be doing more harm than good BTW.

i know i should, but looking at the course prices, im looking at around £300 AT LEAST!! Im gunna pay for it when i get into full time work once i leave uni
x

i know i should, but looking at the course prices, im looking at around £300 AT LEAST!! Im gunna pay for it when i get into full time work once i leave uni
x

So stop having your nails done and save that money to pay for a course..... We all had to make sacrifices to get good training!

Well said all of you. I know it sounds harsh Tamara but they are all right.

Well said all of you. I know it sounds harsh Tamara but they are all right.

yes VERY harsh! I thought this was a site for help,
dunno why i bothered!

I'm sorry hun, but you will not get any help or advice on here as this is a forum for professional nail techs who have spent thousands of pounds, blood, sweat & tears training their pants off to be able to produce a great set of nails.
Any tech worth their salt will say to you........
If you actually like doing your own nails, then have a look on here at the training options and choose a company and go get some training.

You never know - you may end up having your own nail business.

I agree

dunno why i bothered!

It IS a site for help - and is invaluable to anybody serious enough about nails to want to train and make a career out of it, full time or otherwise. You won't find a more helpful place full of lovely people who will go to great lengths to assist you. I'm sure you'll agree if you stick with your desire to learn and come back regularly to update us and seek help along the way. Unfortunately those of us who have paid hundreds / thousands to train will struggle to justify imparting that knowledge willy nilly x

Unfortunately those of us who have paid hundreds / thousands to train will struggle to justify imparting that knowledge willy nilly x

Exactly that,this is why we wont give out advice to the unqualified!!

You could of spent the holiday money on a course if you were passionate enough about nails ....... Not only are we qualified but passionate about what we do - please be carefull doing your own nails - by watching your nail tech you will not be aware of the science behind nails.
Take care ...:smack:

dunno why i bothered!

Me thinks teddys been thrown out of the cot!

Well said guys, couldnt agree more with whats been said.:hug:

x

Actually a good reputable and recognised course will cost you more than that.

I wonder what you are training to do at that Uni of yours??

I wonder if after spending 4 years training to do whatever it is your are going to do to set the world on fire in your 'full time work' you would just give that hard won knowledge away to anyone who asked you for it?

Would you expect them to be able to do what you can do after 4 years of study by getting a few instructions from a web site? Or would you feel slightly insulted?

Do you wonder that we might find it fairly insulting to have our profession looked 'down' upon by you and others like you who think they can pick up a brush and with a few helpful hints do what we do?

I went to Uni. Later I took that knowledge and went into the nail industry. I was very successful and made a very good living. I retired at the age of 50, having worked very hard. Don't dismiss lightly or look down your nose at what the professional nail technician does.

If you want a rebalance (or an infill as you call it) then go back to the person who knows how to do it professionally and safely and with skill and artistry.

Latest posts

Back