I need to know I'm saying the right thing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was the best possible answer you could give imo.
There will always be people that will browse trough the web in order to obtain free information, in which i see no harm in itself, i do this myself aswell weither it is on maximizing my computer skills to becoming a better cook.
I think that many people don´t realize how much harm they can do, doing peoples nails without propper training and they think they can learn it since it looks so easy to do. I think it is up to us to make them aware of this and to recommend that they take a proper course...
The best that we can do is the reply as you did and make them aware of this and hand out as little or as much information as you feel comfortable with. It doesn´t mean when you share a video on youtube that you are teaching and it should never prevent you from publishing more of them.

I think that's a brilliant reply......I might even nick it and copyright it meself :wink2:

worded in a thoughtful, professional and respectful manner. how could anyone fault it?

tigi

I admire the fact that you've spoken your mind. Too many people don't speak their minds and get upset (with themselves while blaming the other party) for the fact that they had something important to say and didn't say it.

Personally... who cares if the person if offended. If they are it is b/c of what the voices in their head are telling them and NOT what you've said.

You've spoken diplomatically and you've spoken your mind. Well done!! :green:

There's a saying I know: "no one upsets me. I allow myself to get upset."

I don't think you were harsh at all Carl. That was well said! I agree with you totally as if you wanted to be a teacher - you would be at a school! You spend so much time, effort and money becoming as good as you are - others need to do the same! Offering advise is one thing - teaching is something else!

I do get a lot of questions at Paragon, but I welcome those because there is very little education here - the techs are taught the basics and sent on their way. The instructors often do not know much more because until now, there was no continuing education post licensing. I offer classes here, but I charge for those. Advise is free - education isn't!

I still have so much to learn - even after 11 years! I don't ever want to stop learning and becoming better and I hope the professionals in my area feel the same way!

I love your videos and look forward to seeing them!

I have been on a "Sabbatical" from all nail related internet anything.

Carl, for the many points you made in your original post,
I consider my business serious. It not only pays for all of my living expenses both personal and business. It is my life.

I have been told that in order to truly "make it" I must share all of my ideas. (This coming from someone that works in the beauty industry part time).

Thanks for your words of wisdom Carl.

Hi there, I have recently completed a diploma course and have already posted on my opinions of it. I dont really feel anywhere near ready to actually charge anyone yet alone build up a client base. I have watched many video's - yours included and I find them very inspirational. I feel that personally only practice will make you better and I intend to do as much of that as possible.

I think that your comments are in no way offensive or out of order. I think I would feel the same as you if I were in your position.

Jayne x

Latest posts

Back