I no longer support CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuan

Reaction score
As some of you may know, im a huge advocate of CND, particularly shellac. After I couple of runs with the product, I find that it's too hard to remove cleanly. A hallmark of any fact is that you can reproduce it anywhere in the world. I just did not achieve the same removal experience as advertised by CND.

Sadly for gels, I will move on to OPI Prohealth and will never ever go back to Shellac. I love CND with all my heart only for it to be broken by false promises.

I urge everyone here to convert to OPI prohealth. It works extremely well. 10 mins and the ENTIRE gel falls off the nails. But you will need the new OPI lamp which cost a whooping 130$

Shellac needs to be reformulated.

Tuan you have been telling everyone cnd is the only decent brand!! Advising people to switch and anyone having any problems with other brands is their own fault for picking cheap rubbish brands. To be honest I probably would’ve followed your advice and swopped as I’m currently looking to switch, had I not already tried cnd vinylux and hated it.

And now you are happy with opi you want everyone to swop! But I say this laughing and with friendly tones by the way, you just make me laugh sometimes

Tuan you have been telling everyone cnd is the only decent brand!! Advising people to switch and anyone having any problems with other brands is their own fault for picking cheap rubbish brands. To be honest I probably would’ve followed your advice and swopped as I’m currently looking to switch, had I not already tried cnd vinylux and hated it.

And now you are happy with opi you want everyone to swop! But I say this laughing and with friendly tones by the way, you just make me laugh sometimes

Lol. It has humbled me...somewhat. Hear me out. The guy who developed part of the Shellac system went to work for OPI. He's the currect chief scientist for OPI and developed the prohealth line. That's not fair to CND, because he took everything he learned from them and developed a better product for a direct competitor. Without the prohealth line, I would still recommend Shellac over any other brand. So in the end, im still recommending a brand that is strongly tied together. If you look at my other post, I've always only recommended CND and OPI.

Im done with Shellac. Lotions, oils, and other products from CND are still the best IMO and I will never change my mind on that.

I've invested quite a bit of money into the Shellac system. I got the CND lamp and a bunch of colors. Im only making this thread to help others avoid this costly mistake. OPI prohealth is definitely the way to go if you want easy, damage free removal.

Btw, what didn't you like about vinylux? I found that its streaky like a mofo, but it stayed on very well. I personally love Vinylux, because it did as advertised. They've even reformulated it not too long ago.

Last edited:
Ooh jumping ship to a direct competitor, ouch. I see, ok so that makes sense.

I had one or two nice vinylux colours that applied ok but the rest were awful. Staying power was great but I also found it so streaky, plus I didn’t like the brush, it’s too long and thin for me and I found it quite difficult to control. I thought if the shellack comes out like that I’d be really hacked off. I love their solar oil though.

I do like the look of opi but the price is too high for me, I’m only part time. Liking the look of ink London so I’ve ordered a trial kit. Done with my IBD, customer service is zero and I can’t get a lamp in the uk. That was a big expensive mistake for me!

Tuan i don’t think you’ve been buying the real deal, if you know what I mean ;)

Tuan i don’t think you’ve been buying the real deal, if you know what I mean ;)

I honestly hope that is the case, but im very doubtful that it is because I live in the states. CND is made here.

I am not impressed with the new branding or wording but I am still very happy with the products and cannot see myself switching anytime soon, I Don't struggle at all with removal x

I love OPI and if the prices are too high keep eyes out for sales and clearances! Some people have been having issues with the prohealth not staying too long. I run an OPI gelcolor facbook group some have had a lot of success and others have had none. I also heard they are going to bring back the strength base coat

I love OPI and if the prices are too high keep eyes out for sales and clearances! Some people have been having issues with the prohealth not staying too long. I run an OPI gelcolor facbook group some have had a lot of success and others have had none. I also heard they are going to bring back the strength base coat

Groupon sometimes have deals on OPI. Same as TKMaxx

Groupon sometimes have deals on OPI. Same as TKMaxx

I was referring to OPI Gelcolor which is not sold in either of those places at least not in the US.

The regular polishes I have seen at both those locations.

Ooh jumping ship to a direct competitor, ouch. I see, ok so that makes sense.

I had one or two nice vinylux colours that applied ok but the rest were awful. Staying power was great but I also found it so streaky, plus I didn’t like the brush, it’s too long and thin for me and I found it quite difficult to control. I thought if the shellack comes out like that I’d be really hacked off. I love their solar oil though.

I do like the look of opi but the price is too high for me, I’m only part time. Liking the look of ink London so I’ve ordered a trial kit. Done with my IBD, customer service is zero and I can’t get a lamp in the uk. That was a big expensive mistake for me!
I reckon you'll really like INK! I've been trying it out fir the past few months and loving it! Going to stock up at the Professional Beauty show in Feb! :)

I reckon you'll really like INK! I've been trying it out fir the past few months and loving it! Going to stock up at the Professional Beauty show in Feb! :)

Thanks Beautiful you, I think I will too! Excited to try out my trial kits. I’ve ordered the iLac and Jelly kits. I like that they are in the uk, you can order direct and they have training and what seems good customer service x

Thanks Beautiful you, I think I will too! Excited to try out my trial kits. I’ve ordered the iLac and Jelly kits. I like that they are in the uk, you can order direct and they have training and what seems good customer service x
I agree. Are you following their Facebook group too? X

Right I’m going to track them down now lol
It's called INK London Nail Tech Group. If I remember rightly you have to submit your request to join and one of the admins approves it x

It's called INK London Nail Tech Group. If I remember rightly you have to submit your request to join and one of the admins approves it x
I’ve done it already lol! Will just have to wait approval and I think they want to see certificates too x

I’ve done it already lol! Will just have to wait approval and I think they want to see certificates too x
Ah yes, I couldn't remember if that was just to order or to join the group as well. That's another thing I liked about them as it is a professional only brand :) x

Ah yes, I couldn't remember if that was just to order or to join the group as well. That's another thing I liked about them as it is a professional only brand :) x
Yes me too, I had to ping my certificates to them to set up my account and buy my trial kits. Have you tried their normal polish?

Latest posts

Back