I swear we have the worst job in winter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
I just had a new client in and had a coughing fit thoughout the treatment, which made my nose run so had snot dripping from my nose... I was coughing so much my eyes where watering and I have mascara down my face. I was fine before she came in until I opened the scrub fresh and it tickled my throat! She wanted wildfire and ruby ritz and as I was shaking so much from trying not to cough they looked a mess!! Ahhhhhhhhh so embarrassed! X

Aww bless you...hope you feel better soon!! Xx

Thank you but I'm not ill, I have no idea where it came from lol xx

I think being a builder, stable-hand or farmer in the winter would be worse!

The best thing for a tickly cough is gummi bears! I swear by them, but you have to let them melt in your mouth so that they line your throat.

I just had a new client in and had a coughing fit thoughout the treatment, which made my nose run so had snot dripping from my nose... I was coughing so much my eyes where watering and I have mascara down my face. I was fine before she came in until I opened the scrub fresh and it tickled my throat! She wanted wildfire and ruby ritz and as I was shaking so much from trying not to cough they looked a mess!! Ahhhhhhhhh so embarrassed! X

Sorry you are ill (so am I), but my other job is the worst job in the winter - zookeeper. Nothing like cleaning up frozen camel poo to make you miss the great indoors!

Yeah, I think any type of outdoors job wins hands down in winter.

Sorry you are ill (so am I), but my other job is the worst job in the winter - zookeeper. Nothing like cleaning up frozen camel poo to make you miss the great indoors!

Wow that sounds like a really interesting job!!

Lol thanks girls I just get so embarrassed when your trying to do nails and have snot dripping from your nose but you don't want to have to keep wiping it coz then you have to sanitise hands AGAIN after the millionth time lol and the whole coughing when clients are around I just get worried it looks bad lol x

Lol thanks girls I just get so embarrassed when your trying to do nails and have snot dripping from your nose but you don't want to have to keep wiping it coz then you have to sanitise hands AGAIN after the millionth time lol and the whole coughing when clients are around I just get worried it looks bad lol x

If I've to go to work with a streaming cold, I use Contact It dries up the mucus and let's me get on with my life for 8 hours. It doesn't cure the cold but just masks the symptoms. Available at a pharmacy. Hths

Oohh thanks I shall look into this it's my worst nightmare I'm already a germaphobe as it is and always think ewwww when I client comes in with a stinking cold! Xx

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago so shoved a cotton pad up each nostril then put on a face mask! Not attractive but much better than dripping on a client's hand/back/face/fanny....

Sudafed nasel spray is also brilliant!!!

Oh dear, thats so embarrassing. Im just getting over a cold (first one this year, so not bad) and sometimes have a coughing fit.
Clients always understand and I just excuse myself for a couple of minutes whilst I go and get a drink of water and blow my nose. I just keep some water nearby (bottled) so that I dont have to leave the client if it happens more than once.

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago so shoved a cotton pad up each nostril then put on a face mask! Not attractive but much better than dripping on a client's hand/back/face/fanny....

Haha so funny!

I'm the same tonight so annoying having to stop every 5 mins to wipe your nose :-/

Do you all pre warn your clients your ill before their appointment? X

I have pre-warned certain clients in advance before. When I was mobile a clients husband was going through chemo, so I called to check she still wanted me to come round. She did and the old mask/snot plug was born!!

I have pre-warned certain clients in advance before. When I was mobile a clients husband was going through chemo, so I called to check she still wanted me to come round. She did and the old mask/snot plug was born!!

Lol x

Ah you poor thing x

I've been struggling with sinus problems and intermittent dizziness since August, I'm worried it might be allergies from the dust when working :(

I'd definitely put on a face mask, I'd rather be able to get on with my work without having to worry about coughing in my clients face, isn't that the worst!!!!
Could you maybe have some boiled sweets or mints to suck on? It usually helps stop coughing and also make sure you have a drink!

Latest posts

Back