I want to set up a website - Any tips, help, advice ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya, I used 1&1 Internet Ltd. for my website, check it out The Beauty Shed - Home

It doesn't cost much and has a free built in website builder so u can get going straight away and all the hard work is done for you, it's great!!!

Have a look hun and good luck x

Have you had a look on the nail directory?
Nail Techs, Nail Salons & Nail Suppliers
Its the home of our beloved Seanny, he's fab when it comes to websites, he's helped a lot of fellow geeks.
He's offering a new service of web design & optimisation at very reasonable price;
Nail and Beauty Website Templates
Hope this helps

Shelley, Sean is 'the man':cool: , he is so much help, even i understood a fair bit, and believe me that is saying a lot. He will give you loads of pointers to get your web site noticed by the search engines!

As Urban Geek said, check all Seannys threads!

Good luck, can't wait to have a nosey!:lol:

i need to buy a domain too - i did my own site but hate it now - thats my problem i do things then get bored of them cos i know i can do better. xx

hi there hun,
ive had a website for other things and i use a company called displaysites.com if you go on there site and go to the bottom of the page and click on contacts a outlook express mail box will come up his name is clive and he is a geniuse with websites email him and tell him what you want and he will let you know how much it will cost but he is the best tell him that sonia recommended him and he might even give you a discount! good luck with your website:lol: xxxx

THANKS
I WILL HAVE A GO

I KNOW WHAT I WANT, AND WHAT I WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE, BUT HAVENT GOT A CLUE HOW TO DO IT AND DONT NEED THE HEADACHE TO GO WITH IT

THANKS
I WILL HAVE A GO

I KNOW WHAT I WANT, AND WHAT I WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE, BUT HAVENT GOT A CLUE HOW TO DO IT AND DONT NEED THE HEADACHE TO GO WITH IT
Seriously I cannot stress how good Seanny is!
Sean will take out all the stress and hassle of trying to set up an effective website.
Nail and Beauty Website Templates
Yes its easy to use a template from any website builder; to create a good looking site.........but will it do well in the search engines?????
Probably not!
As it takes a lot of knowledge to be able to optimise the site for search engines. And I presume you want your site found by the search engines!??
A pro web site will create a professional image.
Yes it costs but in my opinion its soooooo worth it!

I thought I could get by with designing my own site, spent ages on it, nearly went bald with stress! lol. But it got no-where in the search engines! What use is that???

I'm now in the process of getting my site done professionally and its a step I am sure I'll not regret!

Shelley if you already have a website you just need to get it seen on the likes of google and every other search engine possible.

The link below is where you add your url to google.

This is all I have done and if you do a search on google for my salon it comes up top. It only took a couple of weeks - maybe 4 at most.

Add your URL to Google

Also freewebs help you promote your site - just follow all the advice given under site promotion.

I think you should give it ago. I certainly had no idea about setting up a website and I managed. I do have experience with using word and excel which helped alot.

HTH

Definately, use the link above for Google - its worked a treat for me!

OMG!!! Jo, will you calm down. *LOL* The cheque is in the post by the way, thanks for the plug.

Adding your site to Google is only one of the many steps required to get into the search results. I see Yvonne that your site is coming up in Google when searching for the "litte beauty room", that's good, well done.

However, all site owners need to strive for phrases that potential clients are going to use. In Yvonnes case, that could be:

(1) Nail enhancements blairgowrie

or

(2) Manicure services in blairgowrie

or

(3) blairgowrie tanning service

I'm sure you're getting the picture now. When your site starts appearing in the search results for phrases like these, then you're making real progress. You'll probably start getting some business from your site then which is what its all about.

Lol Seanny!
But credit where credits due.
You have helped me and lots of geeks endlessly!

Latest posts

Back