I want to set up a website - Any tips, help, advice ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~shelley~

Reaction score
I really, really want to set up my own website - not a free one but a proper one.
I am ok on a computer but have not really got any idea where to start??????
I want it to be picked up on the search engines!!

Does anyone have an idiots guide as like I said I am ok on a computer but its all the terminology I am having trouble with lol.

How much am I looking at for costs?

Any advice, tips etc would be brill.

Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Shelley,
Take alook at Bluevoda, thats who i did my website with and found it quite easy, well no thats a lie, but I found it easier than any other I'd tried and I had tried a few.
I think it cost about £50 for a years hosting with free domain names and it has a community forum for when you get stuck.
Marie

Hi Shelley,
Take alook at Bluevoda, thats who i did my website with and found it quite easy, well no thats a lie, but I found it easier than any other I'd tried and I had tried a few.
I think it cost about £50 for a years hosting with free domain names and it has a community forum for when you get stuck.
Marie
ill have a look hun, thanks x

why dont you pm nattdanutta her partner might be able to help you or give you advise(i think iv got her name right)

sorry i got it wrong its natzdanutta..............

yeah he did nats..its worth a try

JUST BE V.V.CAREFUL WHERE U GET YOUR PICS FROM MATE:irked:

FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED !

AMBX

JUST BE V.V.CAREFUL WHERE U GET YOUR PICS FROM MATE:irked:

FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED !

AMBX
yes hun, i will only be putting my own pics on - thanks for the advice!!!

Hi Shelley,

I did mine with Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage, online photo album, free blog, more! and paid to be premium and that got rid of the advertising banners. I then bought my own domain name.

Check all Seanny's threads about websites and keep it simple.

Mine is Freewebs to but still "free" at the moment. I am going to pay for my own domain soon & it will be the current website but without the word freewebs in it.

I would reccomend it for having a play with first and see what you think. Its really easy & you can then decide if you want to keep it or get an actual web designer. :)

Hi Shelley,

My husband builds websites and built mine for me. Welcome to Arborfield Beauty Room if you want any advice let me know and i will give you my number or you can come over to arborfield for a coffee and have a chat to him face to face....... here is the most recent website he has built.
Magicka School

Cheryl xx

Mine is Freewebs to but still "free" at the moment. I am going to pay for my own domain soon & it will be the current website but without the word freewebs in it.

I would reccomend it for having a play with first and see what you think. Its really easy & you can then decide if you want to keep it or get an actual web designer. :)
ive done a freewebs one but its no-where to be seen in the searches, i would like my own domain name & i sort of know how I would like my website to look, im raring to go but just lost lol x

Hi Shelley,

My husband builds websites and built mine for me. Welcome to Arborfield Beauty Room if you want any advice let me know and i will give you my number or you can come over to arborfield for a coffee and have a chat to him face to face....... here is the most recent website he has built.
Magicka School

Cheryl xx
yours is fab hun, very similar to how I want mine xxxxxxxxx

Shelley if you already have a website you just need to get it seen on the likes of google and every other search engine possible.

The link below is where you add your url to google.

This is all I have done and if you do a search on google for my salon it comes up top. It only took a couple of weeks - maybe 4 at most.

Add your URL to Google

Also freewebs help you promote your site - just follow all the advice given under site promotion.

I think you should give it ago. I certainly had no idea about setting up a website and I managed. I do have experience with using word and excel which helped alot.

HTH

US TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and dont want anything complicated, as in tying to figure it out myself

know what i want and, dont know how to go about it:irked: thicky thicky

is there any good ones where you can get someone to HELP and talk you thru it like a wizard,

ive done a freewebs one but its no-where to be seen in the searches, i would like my own domain name & i sort of know how I would like my website to look, im raring to go but just lost lol x

hi there hun,
ive had a website for other things and i use a company called displaysites.com if you go on there site and go to the bottom of the page and click on contacts a outlook express mail box will come up his name is clive and he is a geniuse with websites email him and tell him what you want and he will let you know how much it will cost but he is the best tell him that sonia recommended him and he might even give you a discount! good luck with your website:lol: xxxx

Latest posts

Back