IBD coloured gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hey geeky friends, i have done a search on this but haven't found th answer yet.

My hubby has bought me some IBD coloured gels, which are great, but i find after you have cured them for three minutes, do you wipe the sticky layer off and that is that or apply the intense sealer after wiping? Or do you not wipe and apply the intense sealer? I was putting the colours on to tips so you can see the colour better and wiped the sticky residue off with the IBD cleanser plus, but found the polish to look a little dull, so wondered what you guys did?

I've only just started to use the coloured gels and did wonder if they worked on natural nails?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ok i have only two of them (the black one and the bright orange)
heres what i do.. (for french that is)
* do the clear layer
* do a thin smile,cure
* do another thing layer over the smile (i find it has better coverage this way)
* then the gloss over the top (intense seal)
* Dont think you have to wipe ibd gels? but i am a brisa girl so i wipe anyway! :lol:
hope this helps..:)

Thanks for your help, i will do that in future, i know you don't need to wipe the intense seal, but wondered if this had to be used as a finish gel over the colours. I will do that next time.

Dont wipe the 2nd layer of colour, just apply the intense seal over it, you get a lovely glossy finish.

Coloured gels are great as Natural nail overlays. It gives the nails strength and acts as a non-chip nail polish!

You do have to wipe but not if you want an ultra shine with Intense seal. if your going Intense seal do not wipe after cure then cure the sealer which you dont wipe anyway.
I have found that sometimes the coloured gels go dull after wiping.
I dont do much coloured gels as my clients are to impatient. they want different colours all the time. I paint their nails with varnish and then Intense Seal over the top, same affect and i just buff of then polish remove and apply a new colour to their enhancements

I dont do much coloured gels as my clients are to impatient. they want different colours all the time. I paint their nails with varnish and then Intense Seal over the top, same affect and i just buff of then polish remove and apply a new colour to their enhancements
I do the same thing with my clients blosssey. Quick and fast to change colors.
then again, most of my clients come in bi monthly if not Weekly.

You do have to wipe but not if you want an ultra shine with Intense seal. if your going Intense seal do not wipe after cure then cure the sealer which you dont wipe anyway.
I have found that sometimes the coloured gels go dull after wiping.

I was taught not to wipe after the colour, as some of the colour could be removed. Coloured gel always needs to be sealed with a clear or finishing gel.

Wendy (talonted talons), instead of using the Intense Seal, you could just use IBD clear gel (cure time 30 secs).

hth's

I was thought to apply colored gel, not to whipe and apply sealer.
I tried it aswell once without whiping, resulting in a very dull finish...not so nice...:rolleyes:

I have a question for those who use regular nailpolish...
After applying your builder gel you have to whipe and shape it with an abrasive. Do you apply regular nailvarnish on top of this surface and then use sealer or how???
I am very curious....

Thanks for all your help with this.

I did find if i wiped the coloured gel you do get a little colour coming off and it then goes dull, so i will wipe if i am going to apply a 2nd coat, then cure and apply my intense seal.

Thanks again guys, i also appreciate the video link too, very informative.

Latest posts

Back