IBD Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what the difference is between IBD Builder Gel and IBD normal clear gel?

If I use the normal clear gel will I not need to file it off once its set and apply a top coat like I do with the builder gel?

Also, how long should I cure the IBD gel for is it 2 or 3 minutes, I have been getting various different advice!

Thanks

i use idb builder gel i would have thought the other was the same just thinner for people that like to use there gel a little thinner. i couldnt imagine doing any kind of enhancements were i didnt buff inbetween. i cure mine for 3 minutes.

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what the difference is between IBD Builder Gel and IBD normal clear gel?

If I use the normal clear gel will I not need to file it off once its set and apply a top coat like I do with the builder gel?

Also, how long should I cure the IBD gel for is it 2 or 3 minutes, I have been getting various different advice!

Thanks

I don't use IBD but builder gel does exactly that - you use it to build the apex of the nail in zone 2 to create strength. Clear gel won't give you an apex as it is too thin.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

The clear is for natural overlay x

Thanks girls,

After my first layer of builder gel, I cure and then paint on a white smile line, cure and put on another layer of builder gel.

I then wipe with cleanser plus and file the nails to make them smooth and then apply a coat of ultra seal.

Does this seem correct to you?

Or do I need to buff between layers of gel?

x

i use ibd & i only buff between layers if i wipe off the sticky layer
when i sculpt i use builder clear to extend the nail cure 3 mins, pink in zone 2&3 cure 3 mins then white gel. tidy smile cure 4 mins (i use exterme white) wipe remove form, shape gently buff then layer of builder clear cure 3 mins wipe buff & ultra seal

Hi,

I have been using IBD Gels for a loooooong time. Firstly, surely your tutor in college explained what each gel does and why it is used in our system and the curing times of each?

The builder Gel is just that (clue in the name folks) it is thicker and is used sculpt or build up your enhancement, ie stress area to prevent breakages.

The reg. clear gel can be used either as a top coat, however I would suggest Intense Seal for a mirror finish, or as a natural nail overlay, toes etc. It can also be used to correct dips or errors as it is very thin and self leveling (most importantly). Using it this way should hopefully help those starting off not have to file or buff much or at all, before applying your top coat.

Hope this helps ;)

Latest posts

Back