IBD gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top-Nailz

Reaction score
Hi there
have you ever worked with this gel?
and did you like it?
is it worth to order the introkit.
thanx
meggie

i have used the ibd intro kit and i kinda like it. the pink ins nice too but i mix it with amore's builder pink and get a really nice pink coverage. its easy to use too. its not that expensive so you wont lose by trying (and if you dont like it you can always send it to me:)

thanx will try it and let you know:lol:

it is the best gel in my opinion, i only really use the builder gels, but so reliable, would NEVER go all wierd and wrinkly like some gels do, i say its definatly a wise purchase, they do really nice big gel lamps too...but they aint cheap! in fact...IBD is all round good for acrylic to, it files in really quick, and is good, and intense seal is ace

IBD = Really really good, infact ace!

I have just switched my system on gel to ibd and I love it!!!!! I use the french extreme and builder gels and I do my own nails with it and the people I have done, no problems at all. It lasts on the nails and there is a nice selection of colours available too. Actually I just tried a bit of sculpting with it yesterday on my nails and I could not be happier with the results. :green: Absolutely worth of every penny you pay for it.

I have the brisa gel at the mo but it is not so selfleveling, is the IBD gel selflev.?
thnx meggie

Top-Nailz said:
I have the brisa gel at the mo but it is not so selfleveling, is the IBD gel selflev.?
when a gel doesn't self level it means you have greater control over where it goes, with some self levelling gels they end up running into the sidewalls and giving you problems with lifting.

with a gel that doesn't self level (like Brisa for example) you put it where you want it, you have more control, you tease it into place and know it will stay there.
that's one of the things i love about Brisa.

Top-Nailz said:
thnx meggie

IBD is a self leveling gel, however, it isn't as runny as some gels so I haven't had a problem with it runny into the sidewalls. It levels just enough to give you a lovely shape.

thanx for the repl. i was trained with young nails and then to brisa but the young nails gel is nice and smooth and the brisa is not smooth enough for me, both dont have the heat spike that is so good,
now i dont know what to do, should i go back to young nails or or is IBD better for me?
please help me :Grope:
The introkit cost about 80 euro's so it's not someting you just buy to try maybe it's just me but it's quete expensiv he

Top-Nailz said:
thanx for the repl. i was trained with young nails and then to brisa but the young nails gel is nice and smooth and the brisa is not smooth enough for me, both dont have the heat spike that is so good,
now i dont know what to do, should i go back to young nails or or is IBD better for me?
please help me :Grope:
how do you mean not smooth enough? is that due to being a tad too heavy with your brush?
sorry, just inquisitive.

i can move it around but dont get it were i want, it stays lumpy (if that is a word) cant fill the holes, dus that make sence ?

Top-Nailz said:
i can move it around but dont get it were i want, it stays lumpy (if that is a word) cant fill the holes, dus that make sence ?
i'm wondering if it's down to technique as i don't get that particular problem.
instead of changing brands, and having all of the financial outlay that goes with it, why not have a 1-2-1 to brush up on techniques, just an idea.

maybe ur right but they dont do that overhere.
what i want to say was my clear gel is like a building gel strong, but my white is like a sculpting gel smooth,
so mybe it is just this pot i have ?:cry:

do you use the white for sculpting? if not then try using the paint on white, it's mega easy and gives a lovely finish, i use my paint on white virtually all the time.

yes i like the paint on white aswel and the white gel too they are both easy to use and they are realy bright white for weeks and weeks that is super that's why i start using the brisa.

I use Brisa and Ibd, they are very different to work with. Ibd gel is self levelling, you are best to lock two fingers at a time, Brisa I love too, it stays put until you tease it into place. I prefer using Brisa for tips as love the paint on white. Id say go for the intro kit. Its a good way to sample the gels.

Only thing I would say, dont use the brisa lamp to try and cure the ibd gel, I tried it and got terrible heat spike, hence why you should really only use the correct lamps for each manufacturer.

I did my gel training with IBD, you get a dvd with the kit (I think) the cure time for the builder gels is 3 minutes, 4 minutes with the french extreme white..hth xx

thanx for ur advise, but there is one thing i can't live without and that is my brisa lamp so i will have to stick to the brisa gel.:lol:
thanx

Wise choice I think. The other downside I found with the Ibd Jet 1000 lamp, it does not have an automatic timer and it irritated me having to keep setting the 3 minute timer, then getting the bleeping. The larger ibd lamp does have the automatic timer but is very pricey. xx

for that price there sould be a timer on it :irked:

I find the brisa white alot easier to use than the IBD white. The Ibd is so gluggy.

Latest posts

Back