IBX before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried it on my own nails and they definitely feel a lot stronger, ridges seem smoother as well as looking noticeably healthier. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393434472.115759.jpg

Does anyone know does ibx help/allowed to be used on a nail with onycholysis?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Here's is IBX immediately after first application.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Oops my pic didn't attach to my previous post.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Blown away by the results! xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393531750.946572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello lovely geeks,

I have done mine and they feel amazing!! I'm gobsmacked!!

However, all your 'afters' are shiny mine wasn't mine looked dull/Matt any ideas why?? Xx

Hello lovely geeks,

I have done mine and they feel amazing!! I'm gobsmacked!!

However, all your 'afters' are shiny mine wasn't mine looked dull/Matt any ideas why?? Xx

After you cleanse you shouldn't have anything left on the nail surface, IBX is penetrated into your nail and it stays there, feel free to manicure the nails, apply polish, gel, Shellac, or leave it natural with some cuticle oil :)
I think where there is shine it is from the oil or it hasn't been cleansed yet. I am about to apply my 4th treatment and I will post a pic of what they look like without the oil

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393533097.206435.jpg I
Ok so I did mine & reapplied with ACG so can not see my results. However also did a couple of fingers on my partner. I can't see a change! I don't understand.

Does it work well under shellac on its own for peeling nails, or would you still use Bria's lite smoothing gel?? The results are brilliant, I think is going on my to buy list xx

After you cleanse you shouldn't have anything left on the nail surface, IBX is penetrated into your nail and it stays there, feel free to manicure the nails, apply polish, gel, Shellac, or leave it natural with some cuticle oil :)
I think where there is shine it is from the oil or it hasn't been cleansed yet. I am about to apply my 4th treatment and I will post a pic of what they look like without the oil

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh ok I see I thought I might of done something wrong as it wasn't shiny...a pic would be very helpful so I can compare!! Thank you xx

Ahh ok I see I thought I might of done something wrong as it wasn't shiny...a pic would be very helpful so I can compare!! Thank you xx

Just finished my 4th treatment :) a month later and I am very happy with my own natural nails especially after the damage I inflicted on them!
The very top one shows them right out of my CND lamp, I then use LCN Super Shine Cleaner to cleanse and moisturise all in one go. That is the 2nd pic within the first picture.

The second picture is my nails after I buffed my gels off and then 4 weeks later.
I am overall very happy, my nails went from bendy, thin and painfully sensitive to strong and growing without a single bend or break. The most amazing thing so far that I have noticed is that it REPELS water!! Hehe I am giddy about this as my hands are constantly in water. I washed the dished yesterday without gloves and 30 minutes later my nails were still strong as if they hadn't beennin water at all tehehe
Can you tell I am nutty about it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393535702837.jpg
    1393535702837.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 1393535796451.jpg
    1393535796451.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 494
Does anyone know does ibx help/allowed to be used on a nail with onycholysis?

Hi Aan, found an answer from this direct from Jim Nordstrum on this thread -

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=246975

We did not test on any medical cases. I think you need to be careful with anyone going thru severe illness. Remember that what we do (meaning the prof nail ind) is cosmetic in nature. If the nail plate is largely detached from the nail bed, it means it is not in a "healthy" state and nothing artificial should be applied. If the nail plate in largely intact but in need of reinforcement, you could use IBX. Would suggest testing it on one nail plate to make sure all is okay before applying on all nails. But in medical cases, I think caution is the key.

For sure, a product like Dadi' Oil would be beneficial.

Originally Posted by pure

Thank you for taking the time to reply Jim - can I expand further tho í ½í¸Š

Presumably then if the client is beginning to experience onycholysis would that be the point to stop treating with IBX even if the majority of the nail remains attached to the nail bed?

Also, was the product tested on anyone going through radio or chemotherapy and if so did it show that it helped prevent onycholysis or discolouration of the nail plate occurring?

The most amazing thing so far that I have noticed is that it REPELS water!! Hehe I am giddy about this as my hands are constantly in water. I washed the dished yesterday without gloves and 30 minutes later my nails were still strong as if they hadn't beennin water at all tehehe
Can you tell I am nutty about it?

I too have noticed this. I have only had one treatment of repair and the two IBX of the initial treatment and whilst I thought that they felt different, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Today, I did a facial on a client at college and we are not permitted to wear anything on our nails. Despite using lots of water and creams and oils, my nails never felt as weak and soft as they usually would have and ca.10 minutes after I finished, my nails felt dry and strong.
Its like having a weatherproof coating/impregnation on them!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393633588.669374.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393633600.302682.jpg

This is one of my clients who has terrible nails. She loves gel polish but it doesn't last on her (you can see why).
It just 'falls off' along with chunks of nail!

Anyway the first picture is after she soaked (I assume picked) her gels off. I then applies vinylux.
She came in today 7 days later and all her vinylux was in tact! IBX and vinylux looked better than gel polish.
She is so pleased and bought me some chocs today :)

I'm intrigued to see the difference after 2 weeks for this 1st application. Really hoping this helps my lady :) she has had an application of gel polish so won't be able to see until it's removed.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394178445.716369.jpg

Thank you very much to both if you for replying to me. It is sadly a good half of her nail. However i saw her last night and it had made good growth progress. My ibx hadnt arrived in time anyway. I think i will wait until its grown out. Thanks again x

Hi Aan, found an answer from this direct from Jim Nordstrum on this thread -

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=246975

We did not test on any medical cases. I think you need to be careful with anyone going thru severe illness. Remember that what we do (meaning the prof nail ind) is cosmetic in nature. If the nail plate is largely detached from the nail bed, it means it is not in a "healthy" state and nothing artificial should be applied. If the nail plate in largely intact but in need of reinforcement, you could use IBX. Would suggest testing it on one nail plate to make sure all is okay before applying on all nails. But in medical cases, I think caution is the key.

For sure, a product like Dadi' Oil would be beneficial.

I've just got mine today but I am seriously underwhelmed :(

Just did a girls nails there and there was no real difference after I scrub freshed the nails at the end there were still white marks :(

Am I expecting too much ??

Also are all the photos on this thread taken without scrub freshing at the end?? The nails looked lovely until I scrub freshed at the end if the treatment , I've just looked at the tutorial on this thread aswell and believe I did all the steps correctly

Please someone restore my faith in this product :(

Just did a girls nails there and there was no real difference after I scrub freshed the nails at the end there were still white marks :(

Also are all the photos on this thread taken without scrub freshing at the end?? The nails looked lovely until I scrub freshed at the end if the treatment , I've just looked at the tutorial on this thread aswell and believe I did all the steps correctly

You did great :) if you are proceeding with a gel polish or polish application then the nail does need cleasing in order for it to stay on the surface. In the case of my pictures, my clients have decided to keep them natural and therefore I applied cuticle oil and sent them on their way. You will not scrubfresh the IBX out of the nail, its already fused into the nail ;)

I felt like this & also asked similar question lots of photos are taken after 48hours or even at the next appointment as it takes time to work. However there is no difference in my partners white marks on his nails nails after over a week with one Treatment. But in a post by myself a few posts above this there is a clear difference straight after with this ladies nails.
I cleansed & waited for them to be dry so there was no cheating with a shine left on :)
I really do think it depends on what is wrong with the nails, some nails will need a few treatments. HTH

Latest posts

Back