IBX customer's nails all breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayjay76

Reaction score
I have been using the ibx repair and treatment on my gel polish customers since I recieved infebruary. Those that have the treatment every 2 to 3 weeks (approx 4 to 5 treatements now) with gel have all started complaining of breakage. Now just the odd nail but almost all of them! I have triple checked I am doing everything correct and I am. Is anyone else having any problems and is there any way around this?
Ps they have all appeared to be doing really well up until this time x

Have they been growing them longer than before/usual, have the nails just reached their "optimal" length. I find that this happens with Shellac clients, they love their nails being stronger and unsurprisingly they want them longer than before but at some point they get breakages because their nails just cannot support this unusual length. We then have to start again but they then keep them to a more realistic length.

I know that if IBX is used to often then it can cause brittleness, maybe they only need a treatment every other time instead of every time. Maybe as their nails gain in strength and flexibility then they don't need so many treatments.

Not really a definitive answer but I hope it helps a little.

Karaxxx

Last edited:
Have found this with my own nails. Not impressed with ibx so far. Shame.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The people it has happened to have not got overly long nails. I am always sure to keep them to a length that is not risking this problem. ITs just odd that its not just the odd nail, its the full set almost! Surely every 2-3 weeks is not too much?
I am interested to know if anyone else has had this?
I am so embarrased as I hyped it up to my customers and they believed in me! Now it looks to them like I was just trying to make extra money :sad:

The people it has happened to have not got overly long nails. I am always sure to keep them to a length that is not risking this problem. ITs just odd that its not just the odd nail, its the full set almost! Surely every 2-3 weeks is not too much?
I am interested to know if anyone else has had this?
I am so embarrased as I hyped it up to my customers and they believed in me! Now it looks to them like I was just trying to make extra money :sad:

I have one such client who's nails have got worse. She's now said she wants a complete break from Shellac at the mo & no more IBX. Like you its a little disconcerting after hyping it up so much. But, everyones nails are different, health different & medication different. Its a prescriptive treatment so maybe, sadly not everyones nails are compatible. Ive another client who has IBX every 2 weeks under Shellac & im not seeing any great changes in the damaged patches still visible on her nails :(
Yet others are seeing a difference :)

I have one such client who's nails have got worse. She's now said she wants a complete break from Shellac at the mo & no more IBX. Like you its a little disconcerting after hyping it up so much. But, everyones nails are different, health different & medication different. Its a prescriptive treatment so maybe, sadly not everyones nails are compatible. Ive another client who has IBX every 2 weeks under Shellac & im not seeing any great changes in the damaged patches still visible on her nails :(

I too have not been impressed with my clients nails actually getting worse as well. My other issue is that I find the process a faff. It should really come with it's own heat source in order to market as a truly professional service. Disappointed after the hype.

I too have not been impressed with my clients nails actually getting worse as well. My other issue is that I find the process a faff. It should really come with it's own heat source in order to market as a truly professional service. Disappointed after the hype.

Totally agree with the faff of the treatment. I find it kind of odd sitting there waiting for heat/lamp sources to be done, loL.

So far, I have had good results, including my own nails. I have only done one application on clients though.

My gut feeling is kind of telling me not to keep putting this product on clients ever so often; i.e. every couple of weeks or whatever the recommended periods are. It reminds me of "over conditioning" your hair. If you know what I mean.

I think that IBX has been formulated to reverse the damage from the dryness which all of the gel polishes have caused. Maybe more work needs to be done with regard to the formulation?! Overall, not a bad product though, but time consuming and annoying to apply.

I have been using the ibx repair and treatment on my gel polish customers since I recieved infebruary. Those that have the treatment every 2 to 3 weeks (approx 4 to 5 treatements now) with gel have all started complaining of breakage. Now just the odd nail but almost all of them! I have triple checked I am doing everything correct and I am. Is anyone else having any problems and is there any way around this?

This is surprising to hear, can you tell me is it their natural nail breaking or is it the gel polish? Is it a few people or all? I have been using IBX now for the last 2 years and have never had this happen, actually it is just the opposite. I would love the opportunity to hear what your steps are to see if there is anything I can do to help----you are more than welcome to email me at [email protected].

On the white patches, IBX will help eliminate getting the white patches which are caused due to the removal process, in some cases it will eliminate the white patches that are already there, but will definitely keep new ones from coming if using Repair and IBX together. How many treatments has she had?

Totally agree with the faff of the treatment. I find it kind of odd sitting there waiting for heat/lamp sources to be done, loL.

So far, I have had good results, including my own nails. I have only done one application on clients though.

My gut feeling is kind of telling me not to keep putting this product on clients ever so often; i.e. every couple of weeks or whatever the recommended periods are. It reminds me of "over conditioning" your hair. If you know what I mean.

I think that IBX has been formulated to reverse the damage from the dryness which all of the gel polishes have caused. Maybe more work needs to be done with regard to the formulation?! Overall, not a bad product though, but time consuming and annoying to apply.

Our natural nail is not easy to get product to penetrate, that is the reason for the heat along with the penetrative oils that are in IBX.

jayjay76 how are you removing the gel polish? Is it buff off or soak off?

I've been using IBX for a while now and have quite a few clients who have it, several of which text me regularly and let me know how pleased they are.

I can't understand why people are saying its a faff. Its dead easy. The only thing I forget is how long to give with the heat lamp so I have it written on the back of one of my business cards and propped up at the side (out of clients view) so I can check. My UV lamp is to one side of me permanently, I have now attached my Minx lamp to my desk and simply swing it over the work area when doing IBX. No fuss at all.

My only gripe has been with one client whose Shellac came off following application after an IBX treatment, so I figured maybe if I cleanse and dehydrate a couple of times really really thoroughly this won't happen again. I am monitoring this. The IBX is definitely working, if I have problems I will just offer it as a natural nail treatment and NOT in tandem with Shellac.

I had a client in today whose nails were a little split at the sides, following the IBX treatment they were fused together and you could barely see the split. Same with flaking. Its true really damaged nails are bound to take longer, that is obvious though.

I'm pleased.

I haven't had great results either, loosing heart with it :-(.

My clients never have white patches not their nails with opi gelcolor, their nails are perfect when it is removed with the opi remover, something I couldn't say with gelish or shellac :)

I use soak off gel. Its definately the natural nail and not the gel that has broken up.
I am only a part time mobile tech and only have a few regular ibx customers. It is the customers that have had 4 to 5 treatments fortnightly to 3 weekly that have had the problems.
They all had reasonable natural nails before ibx with just a few possible minor problens but are having ibx to protect from back to back use of gel polish.
They all were happy with the results until this last couple of weeks when they have been contacting me to report that their nails have just become really weak and the length has broken away.
Because I dont use it on a large amount of people I feel unlucky to have the majority complain about the same issue. (I have not told any of them it has happened to anyone else and have tried to appear amazed at what has happened, but I do feel bad)
On occasions I may have left the repair on the nail slightly longer than the recommended time but i time the treatment as advised. Could this cause an issue (being oils I did not think this would do any harm for a minute or so whilst setting up for gel application)

our natural nail is not easy to get product to penetrate, that is the reason for the heat along with the penetrative oils that are in ibx.

jn:

I just want to add that whilst it means carrying the extra items required and being mobile is not ideal, I do not have a problem with the application time and faffing as some call it. If something works then I am happy to take the time and extra supplies!

I would love the opportunity to talk with any of you who feel you are having problems with IBX just to see if there is anything that I can help with. IBX has been out in salons being applied to customers with all kinds of gel polish for the last year with huge success!!!

I haven't had great results either, loosing heart with it :-(.

My clients never have white patches not their nails with opi gelcolor, their nails are perfect when it is removed with the opi remover, something I couldn't say with gelish or shellac :)

I would love the opportunity to talk with any of you who feel you are having problems with IBX just to see if there is anything that I can help with. IBX has been out in salons being applied to customers with all kinds of gel polish for the last year with huge success!!!

Are you using Repair and IBX both?

I put this on my nails too and they are worst then ever. I am afraid to try this on my clients!!!

Latest posts

Back