IBX customer's nails all breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching this thread with a sadness. It is unfortunate that so many of you aren't having a good success with IBX because I on the other hand have ONLY had positive reviews.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I have been watching this thread with a sadness. It is unfortunate that so many of you aren't having a good success with IBX because I on the other hand have ONLY had positive reviews.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Me too!

I would just like to ask Linda about the heat source and why they have not launched one that is precise for their product. I appreciate that this is not UV but there are still potential issues here - how hot the dryer is and varying distances held away from the product. Different bulbs manufactured emit different heat/wave lengths etc. Even if the product just has to dry surely it gives a professional look to the client.......

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I Was happy with the product until the last couple of complaints! I really need and want tp be having great results as it means that people are not insisting to have a break from having things done.
I am now waiting and stressing that those who started the treatment more recently are going to have the same problem!

Those who are having the excellent result s, how often are you using and what is your recommended routine for clients having gel every few weeks? Are you using everytime? Are you using repair and treatment togethwr everytime?

I have had no problems and will be passed the 5 treatments mark with the clients I have used it on.

2 of my clients have been having IBX every 2 weeks prior to Shellac or Gelish. 1 because of white marks in her nails the other because she had trashed her nails leaving them shorter than she liked and she is so heavy handed they are a nightmare to grow.

I use IBX repair and IBX restore I use my desk lamp as my heat source as the bulb emits a gentle heat...I just lower my lamp down to a few inches above the nails.
I have got a good system going now the times are 1 minute under heat for Repair and 2 minutes for IBX. I usually end up with one hand going under the heat for 2 minutes as the other goes in the UV lamp for 2 minutes.

Both these clients are doing great, white marks practically gone and no more appearing, and the others nails are fingers crossed going to be at their optimum length by her next appointment they are certainly long enough for me to already have them back into the oval shape she prefers.

On a couple of other clients I have just used IBX repair and restore on 2 nails their dominant hand middle and index fingernails that they constantly break.
These nails are definitely stronger, but one of the clients obviously still does something with her index finger that causes trauma, what happens now though is she can still chip her Shellac but her nail stays intact!

All in all I am very happy with the results I have had with IBX, and so are my clients.

Received my Ibx duo pack this morning and maybe I'm being thick but the instructions are a bit confusing?!!!! And by heat source what am I to use I have a gelish LED lamp????
Any simplified instructions would be appreciated! 😁

No you're not thick, they do seem a little confusing at first but when you start to use it its really easy.

Heat source = infra red lamp (something like you'd use for Minx, massage or a hairdryer but it should only be a gentle heat otherwise it could evaporate before it penetrates).

LED or UV source = the setting lamp which is used after the heating to set the product into the nail.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

My nails are beautifully long and strong since I've been using IBX, I've never had them longer than the end of my fingers but now they an almond shape and a good 4mm over the edge! I have a permanent split from an injury which has completely healed up and that particular finger is paper thin but now its so much stronger.

My clients & I love IBX and I can honestly say I've not encountered any problems, apart from CND nourishing remover not working very well to remove with it but now I've just switched back to acetone its fine.

Karaxxx

Last edited:
I agree with previous post regarding it being a prescriptive product ( suitable for most but not all ).

I have used this system on clients with psoriasis & those undergoing treatment for cancer, with great results.

With those that are undergoing treatment for cancer it has fitted in nicely with their treatments for a routine of about 1 1/2 - 2 weekly intervals.

I have attached a picture of a client's nails who suffers with psoriasis.
The top picture is of her nails before any treatment and the bottom picture is after her 2nd IBX. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398330862.180776.jpg

No you're not thick, they do seem a little confusing at first but when you start to use it its really easy.

Heat source = infra red lamp (something like you'd use for Minx, massage or a hairdryer but it should only be a gentle heat otherwise it could evaporate before it penetrates).

LED or UV source = the setting lamp which is used after the heating to set the product into the nail.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

My nails are beautifully long and strong since I've been using IBX, I've never had them longer than the end of my fingers but now they an almond shape and a good 4mm over the edge! I have a permanent split from an injury which has completely healed up and that particular finger is paper thin but now its so much stronger.

My clients & I love IBX and I can honestly say I've not encountered any problems, apart from CND nourishing remover not working very well to remove with it but now I've just switched back to acetone its fine.

Karaxxx

Thanks 😊
A hair dryer it will have to be although can't say this is great in a nail room with dust & glitter!!!! Seems odd u can't just do both layers with a lamp! Hey ho!

Il be testing it out on myself n my mother before offering it to any clients tho! I have very paper thin crap nails so if it works on me il be satisfied I can offer to clients!

Il give it a go!

I would just like to ask Linda about the heat source and why they have not launched one that is precise for their product. I appreciate that this is not UV but there are still potential issues here - how hot the dryer is and varying distances held away from the product. Different bulbs manufactured emit different heat/wave lengths etc. Even if the product just has to dry surely it gives a professional look to the client.......

When we were formulating IBX we wanted to make this product easily accessible to you----not having to buy high priced LED's, etc, being able to use what you already have on your table. The heat source is your preference on what you would like to use, IBX only needs to be warmed, not hot, so using a table lamps 6-8" away is perfect---the easiest is the nail dryers that have a warm setting and the blow dryer works, but obviously not the ideal choice. We didn't want there to be any barriers to try IBX. Belson makes a great nail dryer and that seems to be what everyone is getting and they are not expensive at all!

I am using both. Is that wrong?

Under gel polish you would use both if you or your clients tend to get white spots. For thin natural nails without delamination or splitting, you only need IBX. IBX is the strength of the system.

I have had a couple of great successes one with a client with the flakier nails I have ever seen. To begin with I was wiping the repair off... I find that needs to be left to dry and do not wipe it off. I don't even blot it off. I use it like "super glue" and then apply the ibx. I don't time the application I just make sure I leave it at least the recommended time. I have got used to the treatment and now I am getting better results I love it. I think perseverance will help those with issues.

I think each nail has a predetermined "strength" - its unrealistic if people are expecting wafer thin nails to become tough and unbreakable with a few IBX treatments, no product in the world is going to do that. :)

Ok I think I should re clairify. All the people with the complaint had lovely nails, reasonably strong, no white marks. Just maybe the odd nail that had a flaw or nail that would split or similar.
These people only have the treatment after my recommendation to keep the nails healthy under gel polish.
When I spoke to girl at louella belle about only using the ibx alone after the first treatment, she told me that people had been getting confused and that under gel I MUST use the repair as well. I said to her that was not how it read in the instructions but she assured me this was how I should use it!
Now I am thinking these clients have prehaps been overtreated with repair? Could this cause the problems Linda?

This thread surprised me a little, I also had only positive experiences with IBX so far. I've done it probably every other time under Shellac for those clients who due to their nails delaminating a lot couldn't keep Shellac on very long. It really did wonders for them, sealing in those peely edges and keeping Shellac on for much much longer! They also could have their nails a bit longer then usual. But I agree with pp that there's definitely a limit on what IBX can do, and if the nails are kept much longer then they can support-they will break (although I can see OP that from your words this is not what's happening in your case).
I use a regular nail dryer on warm setting for a heat source (similar to that Belson dryer Lindabuffet was talking about). It looks professional enough to me-the dryer on one side of the table, the CND lamp on the other, and I just switch hands. It really is not that complicated once you get into the groove.
I did however had one odd client give up on IBX after 2 treatments, which was very unfortunate, because I could definitely see it helping (her nails were totally destroyed when she came to me from another place after gel removal). And although I did explain that for nails in that condition it will take awhile to get them better-it was not fast enough for her :(

Im wondering whether people with nail dryers/hair dryers are getting better results than people like myself using a infrared light. Could the heat be too much? Im going to trying using a hairdryer on my Mum on Saturday instead of the infrared, shes had about 4 treatments so far. Im really not seeing any WOW changes in any of my clients but my friend who's using a travel hairdryer is!!! I'll report back ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im wondering whether people with nail dryers/hair dryers are getting better results than people like myself using a infrared light. Could the heat be too much? Im going to trying using a hairdryer on my Mum on Saturday instead of the infrared, shes had about 4 treatments so far. Im really not seeing any WOW changes in any of my clients but my friend who's using a travel hairdryer is!!! I'll report back ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm using the black Minx infra red lamp and had nothing but great results on a whole range of problems, under Shellac and left natural. Some results have been after the first treatment and some have been much slower.

Karaxxx

When we were formulating IBX we wanted to make this product easily accessible to you----not having to buy high priced LED's, etc, being able to use what you already have on your table. The heat source is your preference on what you would like to use, IBX only needs to be warmed, not hot, so using a table lamps 6-8" away is perfect---the easiest is the nail dryers that have a warm setting and the blow dryer works, but obviously not the ideal choice. We didn't want there to be any barriers to try IBX. Belson makes a great nail dryer and that seems to be what everyone is getting and they are not expensive at all!

As I have an LED lamp can this be used for the first stage instead of a hair dryer? I have 5,20 and 30sec settings? Or I have a UV lamp in the cupboard? I don't like the idea of using a hair dryer with dust etc and looks rather unprofessional!

Latest posts

Back