IBX repair and strengthener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Premium service :) If you show that you value your time and appreciate what IBX does then the client will perceive it as a premium service and will not have a problem paying.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app
I think this is true up to a point but it does depend on the area where you live/work Syncage I see is in Warwick which is as far as I'm aware much more affluent than Thanet where I am based so clients will be more inclined to pay more for treatments there than here.

I am using a lamp/ heater for the heat part ....there is a pic in my profile...apologies it's upside down,my iPad does that for some reason!!

I think until any of you have tried IBX don't advertise any prices just yet....I as sceptical about pricing until I've tried it and seen the results. I am charging £10 added onto shellac, gel, manicure etc price. Am not sure yet whether I will offer it on its own.

When it had the demo from Louelle belle they said there is a salon charging £100!!!! Now I think that is extreme but I also think £5 is too low. You can always do an offer by all means but you can't do an offer on a fiver!!!

I am using a lamp/ heater for the heat part ....there is a pic in my profile...apologies it's upside down,my iPad does that for some reason!!

I think until any of you have tried IBX don't advertise any prices just yet....I as sceptical about pricing until I've tried it and seen the results. I am charging £10 added onto shellac, gel, manicure etc price. Am not sure yet whether I will offer it on its own.

When it had the demo from Louelle belle they said there is a salon charging £100!!!! Now I think that is extreme but I also think £5 is too low. You can always do an offer by all means but you can't do an offer on a fiver!!!

That'll be Marian Newman @ Atelier Beaute... Now there is a lady who is not afraid to charge what she is worth!!

Marian Newman | Josh Wood Colour

I think people will pay. Everyone has always wanted great natural nails. I think this will rock the nss boat!!

I think people will pay. Everyone has always wanted great natural nails. I think this will rock the nss boat!!

Yes, but I don't want them to think that they don't "need" a Gelish manicure and that they can just polish them themselves afterwards!

Yes, but I don't want them to think that they don't "need" a Gelish manicure and that they can just polish them themselves afterwards!

It's going to improve condition of the nails, not suddenly make nail polish last three weeks!!!!

Why not? if you have priced the treatment correctly it will be just as profitable to IBX them and send them on their way. If they don't want colour or want to polish their own nails it just frees up more appointments for more IBXing!!

There will still be market for gel polish as people like the colour/shine/longevity and a professional polish job.

Why not? if you have priced the treatment correctly it will be just as profitable to IBX them and send them on their way. If they don't want colour or want to polish their own nails it just frees up more appointments for more IBXing!!

There will still be market for gel polish as people like the colour/shine/longevity and a professional polish job.

You are right. I have a lot of clients that cannot have anything on their nails for work, either in the police force, hospital or food industry. I want to target these with IBX so I am working on a treatment plan ideal for them.

This is true, remember when vinylux came out and everyone was worried that clients would start to polish their own nails if it was going to last a week? In the end it hasn't happened, my clients found that no matter how good a polish it was, it was still just a polish it didn't have the feel, shine or look of shellac!

Just wondering if any of you have mentioned pricing to clients yet and what feedback you've had. I charge £20 for Shellac which is the going rate for my area, if I were to add another £8-10 on to that I honestly don't think people will pay it every 2-3 weeks. I only charge £23 for 2 weekly acrylic rebalance! I just wonder if, as long as their Shellac is lasting at least 2 weeks, (which all mine do) they will see any point in paying so much 😕. I think I am going to promote it more as a stand alone treatment or with a file and polish.

Definately. If your clientelle won't pay what it costs you (and your time is a cost) then look to different markets ie. Stand alone treatment, for 'nude' ladies (nhs/police etc)
Or seek out those ladies who tried gel polish and gave up - those with delamination or 'watery' jobs.

I'm guessing a lot of us cnd ladies don't really see this dehydration and removal damage that would necessitate universal use of IBX, that's a good thing.

Definately. If your clientelle won't pay what it costs you (and your time is a cost) then look to different markets ie. Stand alone treatment, for 'nude' ladies (nhs/police etc)
Or seek out those ladies who tried gel polish and gave up - those with delamination or 'watery' jobs.

I'm guessing a lot of us cnd ladies don't really see this dehydration and removal damage that would necessitate universal use of IBX, that's a good thing.

That's exactly it!! I just don't see a lot of dehydration especially, and if someone comes to me with delamination or weak nails then I use Brisa Lite, so I'm definitely going to promote the natural nail side of this because I love the sound of the product and can't wait to try it out but don't want to push it onto clients who I don't feel need it x

That'll be Marian Newman @ Atelier Beaute... Now there is a lady who is not afraid to charge what she is worth!!

Marian Newman | Josh Wood Colour

Haha! That'll be me then!! :D

You have to understand your own market!! Something (service, product, item) is only worth what people will pay for it! If you have priced yourself out of YOUR market then they won't pay! Simple

We have only just started with it and are getting amazing results. It is appropriate to the vast majority of clients. I haven't listed it separately but could have done! The results deserve it!

This is what a very savvy beauty director had to say about it in the first week! She is incredibly knowledgable and doesn't like polish generally. How to repair damaged nails :: Marian Newman IBX treatment - Cosmopolitan

Yes, I know what I and my team are worth and also know the market I work in! I was lucky enough to get my hands on it first (see Scratch) and this is what is promoting it to everyones clients and getting genuine press coverage (that can't be bought!)

But....it's a high end salon that has 'wall to wall' celebs that provides exemplary customer service. I know my market. Know yours! The COP is such that it will work for everyone!!

I think some of you are missing the point of IBX....it's not for clients who go 2-3 weeks with shellac/ gel and have no problems....it's for the clients who either don't get shellac etc to last because of condition f their nails, it's for clients who have been somewhere else and come to you with nail damage, it's for clients who go through periods in their life where maybe due to medication holiday etc nails become drier, damaged etc...it's not needed to be used ALL the time, just until the damage, peeling etc has gone. Then you will decide how often they need it which may be every few months, maybe a few times a year, for some yes it may be every few weeks for months and then have a break. Because of IBX they may get an extra week ( they may not) from their shellac/ gel which will save them money that way. It will also mean that the better condition their nails are in the quicker soak off will be. I have a few clients who have particularly dry nails so soak off takes longer which costs me money plus they don't always get 2-3 weeks from their shellac/ gel.

I have two clients who stopped having shellac/ gel because it didn't last long enough as no matter how much hand cream and oil they used there nails were just so dry. I know they will love IBX and it will mean they can start having shellac again.

Just wondering if any of you have mentioned pricing to clients yet and what feedback you've had. I charge £20 for Shellac which is the going rate for my area, if I were to add another £8-10 on to that I honestly don't think people will pay it every 2-3 weeks. I only charge £23 for 2 weekly acrylic rebalance! I just wonder if, as long as their Shellac is lasting at least 2 weeks, (which all mine do) they will see any point in paying so much 😕. I think I am going to promote it more as a stand alone treatment or with a file and polish.

This is my dilema!
I charge £28 for CND Shellac & £34 for CND Shellac with Brisa Lite Smoothing gel. If I add on £8-£10 on top for IBX Im not sure ppl will pay it. So thats £38/40 for IBX + Shellac & £42/44 for IBX, Shellac & Smoothing gel!!! Dont know what to do? Its got to be prifitable for me to offer it but its making my prices so high!!! HELP?!?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I completely agree with you! BUT....some nails will suffer from any contact with solvent. Even polish changes on a regular basis ( I know as I now have elderly nails :()

There is a 'pay off' with anything you do with your nails, even washing your hands! It's time the pro industry accepted this. The hair industry has! Damage can be completely minimised but there is a 'pay off'!

This is no historical 'conspiracy'! It is about the time and money that is spent in researching the effects of ALL nail products! Understanding of the 'nail unit' is becoming clearer all the time!

I completely agree with you! BUT....some nails will suffer from any contact with solvent. Even polish changes on a regular basis ( I know as I now have elderly nails :()

There is a 'pay off' with anything you do with your nails, even washing your hands! It's time the pro industry accepted this. The hair industry has! Damage can be completely minimised but there is a 'pay off'!

This is no historical 'conspiracy'! It is about the time and money that is spent in researching the effects of ALL nail products! Understanding of the 'nail unit' is becoming clearer all the time!

I agree and it raises an interesting point... With hair we all accept that colouring, styling etc is going to cause damage and we have to address that in terms of conditioning treatments. Whereas with nail clients, as long as it's hidden behind gel, Shellac etc then they don't seem to mind, it's accepted. However, this makes me think another target market could be women who rely on acrylics because they can't grow their own nails and presumably the combination of regular IBX and Shellac will enable them to move away from L&P and back to their natural nails?

This is the point I'm making!

There is a 'pay off'! Even from washing your hands several times a day.

It's accepted that hair needs help: from hard water, from colour etc. Who questions having to use conditioner??

Hands in water; removing polish; removing a gel polish or Shellac. There is a payoff! There are many products that don't damage the natural nail but solvents do! (and water is a solvent!) We, as a professional industry, needs to acknowledge what research is showing us!

There IS a payoff that the hair industry has acknowledged. Why can't the nail industry understand it?

My hairdresser clients cant wait for this product to arrive! I think it will make the most difference to their nails.

To be honest there has been so much talk of IBX and it's ins and out I'm a bit confused! I'm hoping to go see a demo or something at the show? Or is there a link to a video describing how to use it? I was relying on the show to learn, see and trial for myself and then I could gauge how much to charge and how to market it.
I suppose it's my own fault for dipping in and out of IBX threads but now it's all a blur!
Someone tell me it will be broken down for us on the stand?!

Latest posts

Back