IBX repair and strengthener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowilliams2410

Reaction score
Morning everyone, do any of you have any idea what you will be charging for the IBX? And what services you are going to offer? I was thinking IBX and mini manicure, IBX and manicure and IBX with shellac, or are you just going to add an extra £*** to each service if IBX is needed? Also what about discounts for a course of treatments? Not quite sure whichever ay to play it!
Thanks

I must admit I haven't decided. I've asked on FB for pics of really bad nails, and we will offer a complimentary new treatment to the worst ones which has generated a lot of interest!

We only do natural nail so this is perfect for us - I see us getting a lot of takers. It seems like the cost is time rather than product, so need to see how it pans out. I'm thinking of adding a charge to our regular manicure and to Shellac if IBX is included. I wouldn't want to do less than a regular mani with it, so all cuticle work etc is done! I will probably offer a package as well - 6 treatments - one a week for 3 weeks, then fortnightly for the other 3 for XXX amount - I haven't got a clue!!! Would you also charge more if you're using the repair as well????

It's a little confusing, but as someone with short unpainted nails, I like the fact that I can put a treatment on that won't get ruined with removers etc, and my nails should improve in appearance!

Vicki x

I must admit I haven't decided. I've asked on FB for pics of really bad nails, and we will offer a complimentary new treatment to the worst ones which has generated a lot of interest!

We only do natural nail so this is perfect for us - I see us getting a lot of takers. It seems like the cost is time rather than product, so need to see how it pans out. I'm thinking of adding a charge to our regular manicure and to Shellac if IBX is included. I wouldn't want to do less than a regular mani with it, so all cuticle work etc is done! I will probably offer a package as well - 6 treatments - one a week for 3 weeks, then fortnightly for the other 3 for XXX amount - I haven't got a clue!!! Would you also charge more if you're using the repair as well????

It's a little confusing, but as someone with short unpainted nails, I like the fact that I can put a treatment on that won't get ruined with removers etc, and my nails should improve in appearance!

Vicki x

I was thinking of doing a facebook promo like this. I think I might try it and see what happens!

I was thinking of doing a facebook promo like this. I think I might try it and see what happens!
I'm offering it free to shellac clients during February, this will hopefully get them hooked and give me a real chance to test it out and get timings etc, then I'm thinking of maybe £12 for a stand alone treatment or £6 add on to another service.

I was lucky enough to have an exclusive demo of IBX and am using this at the minute and am charging £10 a treatment on top of whatever other service they are having, it takes up to half an hour to do although once used to it I hope I can get time down to 15/20

I have one picture of before and after of my guinea pig...amazing results first time!!!

If I gave a. Half hour away to every shellac client I would be out of business...this is just my opinion.

I'm offering it free to shellac clients during February, this will hopefully get them hooked and give me a real chance to test it out and get timings etc, then I'm thinking of maybe £12 for a stand alone treatment or £6 add on to another service.

WHY would you do this??!! That literally means you are going to be working for free for an hour or more a day.. (initial treatments are taking people a minimum of 15 mins and sometimes up to 30 while getting used to the procedure) and to introduce a treatment which may or may not even be needed for some of your clients. Even as you say to 'hook' you clients at £6 for a ten min add on it's not that profitable compared to other treatments. Compare it to Brisa lite,with similar cost per service which people tend to charge £5 for but only needs 2 mins in the lamp and 2 mins to apply?

Obviously it's you business and your decision but I feel I have to say something as offers like this devalue the treatment and your services which does you and everyone else no favours.

I was lucky enough to have an exclusive demo of IBX and am using this at the minute and am charging £10 a treatment on top of whatever other service they are having, it takes up to half an hour to do although once used to it I hope I can get time down to 15/20

I have one picture of before and after of my guinea pig...amazing results first time!!!

If I gave a. Half hour away to every shellac client I would be out of business...this is just my opinion.

Souz, what heat source are you using?

This cost is about what I was thinking!

As a stand alone I'm thinking £18 or on top of Gelish an extra £10 this then gives me flexibility for offers and reductions if needs be :)

WHY would you do this??!! That literally means you are going to be working for free for an hour or more a day.. (initial treatments are taking people a minimum of 15 mins and sometimes up to 30 while getting used to the procedure) and to introduce a treatment which may or may not even be needed for some of your clients. Even as you say to 'hook' you clients at £6 for a ten min add on it's not that profitable compared to other treatments. Compare it to Brisa lite,with similar cost per service which people tend to charge £5 for but only needs 2 mins in the lamp and 2 mins to apply?

Obviously it's you business and your decision but I feel I have to say something as offers like this devalue the treatment and your services which does you and everyone else no favours.
By the time it arrives and I have tried it out I will be offering it to clients for less than 2 weeks in the offer (and even then only if they have seen it on facebook and book in!), I don't only do nails so it's not like I'm going to be giving away 5 free treatments a day for 2 weeks lol! I also don't want to 'hook' them for the profit but for the care and protection it will give their nails. I often pop a piece silk or fibreglass into the base coat of a nail that is damaged for my clients at no extra charge and they appreciate it. I haven't fixed on to a price yet but was just going on what had been suggested on the main thread.

I have been using IBX since January 17th. I approached 3 of my loyal clients that needed it badly and asked them to be in my " beta" group. In turn I do 3 treatments complimentary and they pay for the other 3. Once a week. I haven't lost any profits and I only book them in on slow days. These ladies are of influence and have already spread the word. I now do full priced IBX treatments for $45 and $15 add on to Shellac. I have on average 9 people booked a week just for IBX. Which is full schedule for me as I am full service spa.
If you are offering a complimentary service make sure you do your due diligence to whom you offer it to.
Existing loyal clients only, buy one get one, book on the slow days etc....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I have been using IBX since January 17th. I approached 3 of my loyal clients that needed it badly and asked them to be in my " beta" group. In turn I do 3 treatments complimentary and they pay for the other 3. Once a week. I haven't lost any profits and I only book them in on slow days. These ladies are of influence and have already spread the word. I now do full priced IBX treatments for $45 and $15 add on to Shellac. I have on average 9 people booked a week just for IBX. Which is full schedule for me as I am full service spa.
If you are offering a complimentary service make sure you do your due diligence to whom you offer it to.

$15 canadian is about £8 so that sounds fair. I'm positive that the time I give away will be worth it when the word goes around about how great their nails are.

When you do a $45 service what do you do? Is that literally just the IBX treatment or do you include cuticles/massage/polish etc in that price?

When you do a $45 service what do you do? Is that literally just the IBX treatment or do you include cuticles/massage/polish etc in that price?

I tidy the nail plate after IBX application, and apply cuticle oil. No water soaking, no massage and no polish. If a client wants a manicure then I will give them a manicure and add $15 for IBX.

Ps. IBX is a premium treatment and should be treated as such.
I charge $40 for a Classic manicure but I also have a spa in the middle of a very busy shopping plaza which means higher overhead.

By the time it arrives and I have tried it out I will be offering it to clients for less than 2 weeks in the offer (and even then only if they have seen it on facebook and book in!), I don't only do nails so it's not like I'm going to be giving away 5 free treatments a day for 2 weeks lol! I also don't want to 'hook' them for the profit but for the care and protection it will give their nails. I often pop a piece silk or fibreglass into the base coat of a nail that is damaged for my clients at no extra charge and they appreciate it. I haven't fixed on to a price yet but was just going on what had been suggested on the main thread.

There is quite a difference between popping a bit of silk into a basecoat and a treatment which will take a minimum of 15 minutes. I'm not doubting that your clients will appreciate it. Who doesn't love a freebie!

Maybe wait until you get your IBX and trial how long it takes you before you advertise on your Facebook page that you are going to be doing the treatment for free though? Only a couple of treatments a day could take you an hour.

I'm waiting to do a final price up until I can time + refine the procedure. I also think I'm going to invest in the DD LED lamp and price that in.

At the moment with the recommended timing and using the DD lamp my pricings are going to be £18 for a basic natural manicure with IBX and £12 add on for IBX with Shellac (so £34). I don't think I will charge any extra for the initial (x2 IBX) application and so effectively the first treatment is discounted.

I'm going to target it at my clients who have weak, delaminating or ridged nails - those who don't always get the longest wear out of Shellac due to their natural nail condition. These clients are already screaming out for this treatment and will no doubt bite my hand off at the offer (i've already mentioned it to a couple with very positive results).

My personal strategy is to target the clients who really need the treatment and will pay for my time to administer it. I can't justify rolling it out to those clients who don't need it as much (clients with good nails to begin who I use shellac + nourishing remover on) as they are unlikely to place the same value on the treatment - hence the need to discount or offer it for a low price - and i'd rather spend my time doing more shellac clients - better value for them and me.

If the treatment time comes down for IBX - and Jim has commented they are looking at reducing the heating times, I would definitely look to offer this to all customers, and I think somewhere in the region of £6 add on would be realistic for this if the treatment time was 8 mins or less.

I tidy the nail plate after IBX application, and apply cuticle oil. No water soaking, no massage and no polish. If a client wants a manicure then I will give them a manicure and add $15 for IBX.

Ok thanks for that. I was wondering whether to do a standalone treatment or price it including a manicure. It's hard thinking of a price point for each as don't want to go too low but also don't want to go too high!

At the moment with the recommended timing and using the DD lamp my pricings are going to be £18 for a basic natural manicure with IBX and £12 add on for IBX with Shellac (so £34). I don't think I will charge any extra for the initial (x2 IBX) application and so effectively the first treatment is discounted.
This is where I am struggling. My normal manicure is £17, so I don't think people are going to pay £27 for a manicure with IBX. And I don't really want to offer it without any cuticle work at all.

I think I may do a whole new treatment - an IBX manicure, and charge in the region of £20. Nail tidy, IBX, cuticle work, oil, door.

I can see my retirement looming lol.

I think like everything it will be work in progress. I will add about £8 -10 to a Shellac, but am going to check my timings etc before I commit. Maybe an introductory offer before I hike it up!!!

Vicki x

This is where I am struggling. My normal manicure is £17, so I don't think people are going to pay £27 for a manicure with IBX. And I don't really want to offer it without any cuticle work at all.

Premium service :) If you show that you value your time and appreciate what IBX does then the client will perceive it as a premium service and will not have a problem paying.

I think I may do a whole new treatment - an IBX manicure, and charge in the region of £20. Nail tidy, IBX, cuticle work, oil, door.

I can see my retirement looming lol.

I think like everything it will be work in progress. I will add about £8 -10 to a Shellac, but am going to check my timings etc before I commit. Maybe an introductory offer before I hike it up!!!

Vicki x

I love the idea of an IBX manicure, and it is a prescriptive service so the extra charge is definitely worthwhile for all those ladies whose nails are crying out for it

Latest posts

Back