IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this is in the thread, I haven't stumbled across it. With gelish u take o the shine off the nail, do you still do this when you use this product. And is this only used with gel polishes only or can it be used under acrylic x

Once you have done your IBX treatment, you do your gel polish application as you always do.

Hi, i'm new in the forum, i also got my ibx, i always use the repair and then the ibx, if the nail doesnt damege but weak, its allright to use only the ibx, without repair? Tnx...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

absolutely!

They say to only use repair over the entire nail if they are going to have gel polish on top. Otherwise you would just put the repair on the specific areas of damage xx

Jim N: For natural nail use, apply only to the damaged areas. In the case of splits, you would apply Repair for as long as the split exists. In you send me your email, I will have Linda email you some special techniques for this condition.

Thank you.

So even if the client has really overgrown cuticle on the nail plate, the Ibx will penetrate it and the into the nail plate?

If you want to push back those cuticle you can, we just don't suggest water, oil or cuticle remover before an IBX treatment. We want the IBX to be able to penetrate into the nooks and crannies of the nail, if they are already filled up then you won't get great penetration of the IBX.

Would it be ok to use just one layer of IBX with 3 mins of heat ( & no repair) under gel polish reapplication on clients who's nails are borderline as to whether they need it or not?

Jim N: We recommend always using Repair under gel polish. It is the key to preventing white spots and sealing the surface. We did a lot of testing with and without and the results were consistently better with Repair, thus our recommendation.

Would it be ok to use just one layer of IBX with 3 mins of heat ( & no repair) under gel polish reapplication on clients who's nails are borderline as to whether they need it or not?

absolutely

Can anyone clarify please? If a person has weak nails that are prone to splitting you would use repair at every treatment? Repair over the entire nail?
Thanks

you can use Repair at every treatment, if you are treating splitting and peeling, you would only use the Repair into that split or peel, no need to put over the entire nail.

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on my friends nails????? Ever since very early child her nails have been this way, they are also are prone to dryness and splitting (see pics). I feel she wud really benefit from the IBX treatment. What is everyone's thoughts?? My poor friend is so embarrassed by these and longs for lovely nails with length that she can paint. Thanks xxxView attachment 58913View attachment 58914View attachment 58915

I would not put IBX or any nail treatment on her. She has something going on, you can see on some of the pictures where nail bed is showing. Has she been to a doctor? She should see one, maybe the doctor can help with something like this.

I did my first IBX treatment today . . . I used my Minx lamp (white one, bendy stem, on desk clamp)

My clients nails were about 8" away from it and she felt it was too hot so we did it as close as she could bear, about 9" away. Felt comfortably warm to me.

Do yo think it will work ok?

Also can someone confirm you can use nail polish after it? well not straight after but maybe next day? And remove ok?

Jim N: Sounds like too much heat, definitely hold the hand further away. You need "medium" heat. If it feels too warm to client, you are way too close. I wish you had incandescent bulbs in the UK :cry:

Do i need to aplly ibx repair every treatment with gel aplication?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: Yes.

Well, I bought IBX with one specific client in mind that has always had peeling/delamination of the index and middle fingers. We did her first treatment yesterday, these are the before and afters of each hand
View attachment 58799View attachment 58800

She says she can't see a difference! Lmao! Clients do make me laugh.

I do have one other problem with her though, after I scrub fresh and go to apply shellac base coat all these little bits of nail appear all over her nail plate. I know it's layers of nail as I got hold of one bit once with cuticle nippers and pulled it thinking it was a hair or something and a whole line of nail just peeled off right down to the free edge! They are literally everywhere! Makes her nail look fluffy if you look down the nail plate. I know I'm not causing any damage to her nails as I don't scrape etc. I thought IBX had sealed all these little bits but as soon as I wiped over with scrub fresh they appeared again! Help!x

Jim N: WOW, those are great results! Well Done

I also have struggled to find a heat source for my few mobile clients so have purchased on of these.
Dovecraft Heat Tool Gun - For Embossing and Craft | eBay

Jim N: WAY too much heat. As has been mentioned you want gentle heat. When we suggested a 75-100 watt bulb, we based that on incandescent bulbs. It sounds like the heat given off by infrared 75watt bulbs is much higher. Gentle heat is the key.

Hi Geeks! I'm very happy with IBX but I have one client, former nail biter, with extremely soft nails, just like baby's ones. She's had 2 applications in 2 weeks so far - nails got a bit harder and stronger but still not enough improvement. I have an impression that progress is too slow - is there any way to speed it up a bit? Would applying 2 layers make sense? Gelish doesn't last on her so we do it on natural nail. I'm
worried that she'll start biting again!

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jim N: I think patience will be the key with her. For our most severe test cases it took 3-5 treatments (with the earlier formulas), so I would think one to two more and you will have a happy customer.

Jim N: See lindabuffet's post

Sorry if this is in the thread, I haven't stumbled across it. With gelish u take o the shine off the nail, do you still do this when you use this product. And is this only used with gel polishes only or can it be used under acrylic x

Jim N: We are currently testing NOT removing the shine under Gellish and have had good results. We have also had several customers report the same thing. So, I would try it on a couple of clients and see what the result is. You can use under any nail enhancement product.

Oooh this would be fab! do you know how long you might be "testing for" before you can release the details?x

Jim N: We will have an opinion within two weeks. Will keep you posted!

If you want to push back those cuticle you can, we just don't suggest water, oil or cuticle remover before an IBX treatment. We want the IBX to be able to penetrate into the nooks and crannies of the nail, if they are already filled up then you won't get great penetration of the IBX.

So in that case do you suggest dry cuticle work?

I use my minx lamp (white bulb) on the lowest setting. But I don't have LED lamp I use my uv lamp is this ok and are the cure times different with this? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394781386.168576.jpg

As soon as i can work out what lamp to get I will buy this but just read that 75w infra red may be too hot now! What is the recommendation for a lamp/ bulbs in the UK please ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use my minx lamp (white bulb) on the lowest setting. But I don't have LED lamp I use my uv lamp is this ok and are the cure times different with this? View attachment 59000

You can used your normal gel polish lamp, whatever that might be, all you have to do is cure the IBX for the same time you'd cure your colour cost, ie; shellac 2mins. I also use my minx lamp and it's fine.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back