IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maisymouse I know what u mean bout thumbs, I get client to clasp hands/fingers together at an angle n sit, keeps them from figiting too! Cxxxxx

Can anyone clarify please? If a person has weak nails that are prone to splitting you would use repair at every treatment? Repair over the entire nail?
Thanks

Can anyone clarify please? If a person has weak nails that are prone to splitting you would use repair at every treatment? Repair over the entire nail?
Thanks

They say to only use repair over the entire nail if they are going to have gel polish on top. Otherwise you would just put the repair on the specific areas of damage xx

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on my friends nails????? Ever since very early child her nails have been this way, they are also are prone to dryness and splitting (see pics). I feel she wud really benefit from the IBX treatment. What is everyone's thoughts?? My poor friend is so embarrassed by these and longs for lovely nails with length that she can paint. Thanks xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394708204.254958.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394708213.427790.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394708222.834958.jpg

Forgot to add this pic to previous post 🙈ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394708288.685905.jpg

I bought a lamp from ikea? It quickly screws onto a table & was 8.50 the bulb is infra red with large screw end about 6.00? This works perfectly and has an on off button so make it's very simple?

Could you put a link in here or let me know the name of the lamp please? It sounds perfect.

Thank you.

They say to only use repair over the entire nail if they are going to have gel polish on top. Otherwise you would just put the repair on the specific areas of damage xx

Thanks Meira. Yeah I read that but what about if the nails are prone to splitting really low down? (Would leave the nails natural after treatment btw no gel polish)

I really don't think they've given us very clear instructions.

Could you put a link in here or let me know the name of the lamp please? It sounds perfect.

Thank you.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394710385.868638.jpg

I think this is the lamp. Can someone confirm if it definitely takes a screw in bulb? xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I have this lamp and yes it is a screw in bulb. Hth

Thanks Meira. Yeah I read that but what about if the nails are prone to splitting really low down? (Would leave the nails natural after treatment btw no gel polish)

I really don't think they've given us very clear instructions.

I don't think the instructions are at fault. It is more of a case that you can't get it wrong. Repair is for just that, repairing. It is like double sided tape that helps the IBX to repair damage. IBX is inside the nail helping to make the structure of the nail layers stronger.

Every nail is different, there is not really a wrong way of using it (other that following the heat, blot, cure instructions). Use it how you think specific nails need it. There is nothing to lose, no service breakdown and small outlay.

I ordered IBX a few days ago, I can't wait to try it!
My nails look awful since taking my gel nails off last week. They were very weak so I've filed them down and I'm hoping with IBX to strengthen them they'll be able grow to a nice length and stay that way
Xx
Edit: it's just arrived! :D off to try it out

Last edited:
I ordered IBX a few days ago, I can't wait to try it!
My nails look awful since taking my gel nails off last week. They were very weak so I've filed them down and I'm hoping with IBX to strengthen them they'll be able grow to a nice length and stay that way
Xx
Edit: it's just arrived! :D off to try it out

Me too, fingers are sitting in the lamp as we speak :)x

My first Ibx treatment on one of my clients - I am seriously impressed!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394722648192.jpg
    1394722648192.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 301
Hi, i'm new in the forum, i also got my ibx, i always use the repair and then the ibx, if the nail doesnt damege but weak, its allright to use only the ibx, without repair? Tnx...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, i'm new in the forum, i also got my ibx, i always use the repair and then the ibx, if the nail doesnt damege but weak, its allright to use only the ibx, without repair? Tnx...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

If using the IBX treatment under gel polish, use both repair & IBX. If using alone or with traditional polish only use repair where it is needed for example splits or flaky nails & if there is no damage just use IBX for strength. HTH. :)

I nearly bought this at weekend but couldn't fund a bulb! Where did you get the bulb from please? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too, fingers are sitting in the lamp as we speak :)x

Jim N: This from a customer here in the states:
I just wanted to tell you both that I finally dared take my acrylic nails off so I could try IBX. Linda as you know it is not something you look forward to because after years of wearing nails they are so soft, damaged and to say the least they hurt for weeks!
I have to tell you I am a believer in the IBX system! From the minute I applied it to my trashed little nail plates I could FEEL the difference. It was unlike anything I have used before and my nails are not even sore, It made them stronger in just my first application. I cannot wait until it has been a week and I change my polish so I can see what they look like and I get to apply IBX for the second timeJ
Just thought I would share my GREAT news with you.

Thank you.

Jim N: Please make sure to hold the hands far enough away so it does not overheat the hand and nails.

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on my friends nails????? Ever since very early child her nails have been this way, they are also are prone to dryness and splitting (see pics). I feel she wud really benefit from the IBX treatment. What is everyone's thoughts?? My poor friend is so embarrassed by these and longs for lovely nails with length that she can paint. Thanks xxxView attachment 58913View attachment 58914View attachment 58915

Jim N: It's hard to tell from the pictures, but you are okay to try it as long as it's not applied to the nails with nail bed exposed. If nail bed is not exposed, I think it could do some great things.

Latest posts

Back