IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u ladies see the infared Philips lamps on eBay? Ten quid, perfect warm heat coming out, balance well on desks, perfect! Xxxx

Did u ladies see the infared Philips lamps on eBay? Ten quid, perfect warm heat coming out, balance well on desks, perfect! Xxxx

Do you have a link please? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you all find these heat lamps? as they dont appear to face downwards, so how would clients put their nails under them? X

How do you all find these heat lamps? as they dont appear to face downwards, so how would clients put their nails under them? X

I place my clients wrist/hands resting on the nail pillow facing towards the lamp then theyre at a better hieght x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

It was on a page on this thread, think a few of us bought them, il get the link from my eBay xxxxx

This isn't one I got, it's not appearing for some reason, it's close enough tho!

http://bit.ly/1gaWIyh

Hope this helps! Xxxxx

I don't have a nailpillo so I rest the lamp over a rolled up towel so it points downwards. Does the job perfectly and doesn't shine in their eyes :)

Do i need to aplly ibx repair every treatment with gel aplication?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is what I do, is there any reason why you can't do cuticle work wash and dry hands well, then scrubfresh and do Ibx??

Please can someone confirm why you can't do the cuticle work first if you wash all the cuticle away off and then scrubfresh?

Also I'm finding the heat from my infra red lamp doesn't cover the whole hand especially if the clients thumb nail points sideways, how are people getting round this please?

Please can someone confirm why you can't do the cuticle work first if you wash all the cuticle away off and then scrubfresh?

Also I'm finding the heat from my infra red lamp doesn't cover the whole hand especially if the clients thumb nail points sideways, how are people getting round this please?

The idea is that you don't want the nail to have absorbed any of your cuticle remover products like cuticle away etc because you want as much of the ibx to penetrate as possible xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know you are not supposed to and I know the instructions say not to, but.. can someone please explain why you cannot use IBX Repair on its own. I have a client who gets white spots, so needs Repair, but her nails are otherwise really strong and never break, peel or flake so she doesn't need extra strength added.

I did my first IBX treatment today . . . I used my Minx lamp (white one, bendy stem, on desk clamp)

My clients nails were about 8" away from it and she felt it was too hot so we did it as close as she could bear, about 9" away. Felt comfortably warm to me.

Do yo think it will work ok?

Also can someone confirm you can use nail polish after it? well not straight after but maybe next day? And remove ok?

I did my first IBX treatment today . . . I used my Minx lamp (white one, bendy stem, on desk clamp)

My clients nails were about 8" away from it and she felt it was too hot so we did it as close as she could bear, about 9" away. Felt comfortably warm to me.

Do yo think it will work ok?

Also can someone confirm you can use nail polish after it? well not straight after but maybe next day? And remove ok?

You can use nail polish straight after the IBX treatment - the same day ;)

Re the lamp.... it only needs to be warm, not hot, so move it away further if you have to and the minx lamp should be on lowest heat setting xxx

I know you are not supposed to and I know the instructions say not to, but.. can someone please explain why you cannot use IBX Repair on its own. I have a client who gets white spots, so needs Repair, but her nails are otherwise really strong and never break, peel or flake so she doesn't need extra strength added.

This was explained... I'll see if I can find it xxx

You can use nail polish straight after the IBX treatment - the same day ;)

Re the lamp.... it only needs to be warm, not hot, so move it away further if you have to and the minx lamp should be on lowest heat setting xxx

Thank you xx

The idea is that you don't want the nail to have absorbed any of your cuticle remover products like cuticle away etc because you want as much of the ibx to penetrate as possible xxx

Thank you.

So even if the client has really overgrown cuticle on the nail plate, the Ibx will penetrate it and the into the nail plate?

Thank you.

So even if the client has really overgrown cuticle on the nail plate, the Ibx will penetrate it and the into the nail plate?

I've been doing iBX for a few weeks now and always do cuticle work at the end. As I have said before on here, weakness in the nail isn't by the cuticle so penetration here isn't nearly so important. Once IBX treatment is completed the nails seem to repel moisture, further protecting the areas that are vulnerable.
I just accept that this is the best way to do it and my results speak for themselves. I have just done my third treatment on a client and she is amazed by the growth and condition of her normally weak, flaky nails!
Nearly all my clients need this product.

I'm loving it!

Vicki x

Would it be ok to use just one layer of IBX with 3 mins of heat ( & no repair) under gel polish reapplication on clients who's nails are borderline as to whether they need it or not?

I bought a lamp from ikea? It quickly screws onto a table & was 8.50 the bulb is infra red with large screw end about 6.00? This works perfectly and has an on off button so make it's very simple?

Latest posts

Back