IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first client with IBX today. She was thrilled with the results. She has been going to NSS salons for ages and had to have them taken off for an operation. Her nails were in such poor condition. I did the full application, Vinylux polish and sent her on her way with some solar oil. I'm hoping in a few weeks her nails will be back to their former self! Her husband is coming to have his done next week (minus the Vinylux mind! Lol)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394919171.224941.jpg

Oh no, that doesn't sound good does it. How's everyone else getting on with the ibx/repair under gel polish? Is the gel polish lasting the same as usual?

Ok so I've been using IBX for about 4/5 weeks on clients and I have mixed thoughts - but it's still early days And my clients I'm trialling it on do have Severe peeling and splits etc.... However - the reason I have to adore it is because of MY own personal results.

I offer Gelish, ACG and CND Shellac but I've never been able to wear Shellac for more than 7 days due to my weak, thin, bendy nails - even BL Smoothing Gel did not work.... But now after 2 IBX Treatments I can wear Shellac for the full 14 days!!!!! No peeling/chipping at all. I'm delighted! Shellac is so quick to remove compared to Gelish and ACG so it suits me perfectly as I have little time to do my own nails.... And for that reason alone - I'm a believer!!! :)

What wattage bulb does this lamp take? I have purchased it thinking it was at least 75W, but it says on the shade max 60w.

Can I purchase an Infrared Heat bulb emitting enough heat (75-100w) without blowing it up lol?

Getting frustrated as I hope I haven't purchased the wrong thing!

No i wouldnt :) i would make sure that it is at least 75 watt :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That is very encouraging, Angie, I also use shellac, gelish, Jessica geleration and a few others - let's hope we all get good results within a few weeks!! Lots of luck!!

I didn't mean to offend you or your hubby, and I didn't say you personally had a plastic lamp. You have recommended something to others that (dependent on what equipment they buy) might be dangerous. That's all I am saying. If we are working on the public surely we must use all electrical equipment as intended by the manufacturer to be fully insured in the case of an accident.

All good sorry about that kids were fighting bless their souls lol and may have overreacted, so yes it would need to be a metal lamp def no plastic and just the same as if you had any electrical work done in salon it would need to be be tested and tagged by a licenced electrician (in australia that is the case anyway) to verify that it is infact safety compliant, that way you are still covered by insurance. But in saying this i am by no means saying that everybody else has to do the same, i am merely sharing what i have done incase there is anyone else that cannot justify spending $150 + on a new lamp.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My hair dryer works just fine.

No insurance worries there.x

Went back to a lady today that has had shellac on for 16 days! She had one tiny chip! She could barely wear shellac for a few days before chipping before IBX! So pleased :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so glad it can be used with the Minx lamp as I already have this from when I started offering Minx abou 18 months ago.

Funnily enough I can see myself using it far more for IBX than I ever have for minx lol

I've been using IBX on my own nails and previously had issues with getting a full week out of Shellac (even with smoothing gel).

I'd get chips from delamination of the free edge :)

I've had 3 IBX applications now and these are my Shellac and BL smoothing gel nails after 8 days. Not sure how well it shows up but all I have is a little "wear" at the free edge of my middle fingers.

Obviously though this is just my personal experience :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394967351.338774.jpg

My first go on my boyfriend... His nails are actually in really good condition and really strong, but he works on building sites and is a severe biter so then ends are always chewed! I think it's a good difference tho! Am going to do it weekly to see if I can improve the ends (can't even call it free edge lol) and stop him biting!! What do you think? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394986236.787752.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394986248.157367.jpg

My first go on my boyfriend... His nails are actually in really good condition and really strong, but he works on building sites and is a severe biter so then ends are always chewed! I think it's a good difference tho! Am going to do it weekly to see if I can improve the ends (can't even call it free edge lol) and stop him biting!! What do you think? View attachment 59174View attachment 59175

Look exactly like my boyfriends he's also a builder :lick:

My first 2 IBX clients ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394990762.735302.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394990776.931358.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394990801.090731.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394990818.045504.jpg

I've just got an led lamp. Do I cure the ibx/repair for 30 secs or 60 secs?

I've just got an led lamp. Do I cure the ibx/repair for 30 secs or 60 secs?

I think this will depend on which led lamp you have. You have to cure for whatever time the manufacturer states for a colour coat x

Jim N: Please don't worry...the heat should be approximately correct, not precisely. I am going to dedicate tomorrow to researching the heat difference between a 75-100W INCONDSCENT light and the INFRA-RED bulbs you are using in the UK. When we did our testing we did not know incandescent bulbs are outlawed...very frustrating for us too! Out of all the variables, we never expected something as simple as heat to be it. I promise we will be in touch.

Latest posts

Back