IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thank you! Sorry for re asking... It just confused me as it specified LED so I wasn't sure if that meant it would not work at all with a UV lamp and wanted to clarify, I just wanted to double check as I'm currently weighing up between the pros and cons of updating to a LED and this would have been a definite pro if it was only LED :)

These questions have been answered in many threads but it can be difficult to find them within the wealth of information.

1. Yes you can use your Shellac lamp, the cure time is 2mins, if you used an LED lamp the cure time you be considerably less that's all.

2. No filing or buffing should be done, the whole point is that it strengthens nails, so file to shape and scrubfresh then straight into IBX procedure. If you want to do any cuticle work etc, do it after you've finished IBXing.

HTH
Karaxxx

Just a thought... Are you applying the Repair into the delamination as opposed to just painting in on? xx

Totally, applying repair to specific areas allowing it to wick into delaminated areas, then applying it to the entire nail plate as this client requires bonding between nail plate layers. I can see it penetrating :/ need to switch up cuticle work to post IBX application ! TY xx

Hi guys thanks to all who have responded with advice to my dilemma ! Have also had a response from Famous Names via their FB page and now have an answer as to why cuticle work or indeed any work other than shaping needs to be done POST IBX !
The nail plate needs to be EMPTY so that it can absorb the IBX and facilitate IPN to occur between the layers. If one applies cuticle product ( or oils/ water... Not that I did :/) before IBX it prevents maximum absorption and compromises efficacy. Obvious really thinking about it now :/
Yea !! Can't wait to see new improved results :)

one more question... Most of my clients are shellac but "just incase",

If you're doing gel or acrylic over the top, do you still prep as per normal? wouldn't a file remove it again?

This product is not designed to go under acrylic & gel extensions however it won't do any harm it's just the treatment can not be regularly topped up as it needs to be.
I believe Jim said on a thread that although some will come away when buffing with prep for extensions, not all will as it's penetrated in to the nails.

Great, thank you! Sorry for re asking... It just confused me as it specified LED so I wasn't sure if that meant it would not work at all with a UV lamp and wanted to clarify, I just wanted to double check as I'm currently weighing up between the pros and cons of updating to a LED and this would have been a definite pro if it was only LED :)

Hi Holly, just an aside - dont forget if you want to continue with Shellac you have to use the official CND UV lamp to guarantee a full and proper cure, they currently have no suitable LED lamp.

Karaxxx

thank you :) I probably never would, was just curious

ok so I have read through this thread and haven't yet seen an answer to my question so apologies if this has already been answered or if this is a stupid question!!
We use IBX Repair and IBX EVERYTIME before shellac that is clear (to prevent any dehydration during the soaking process). But, if the IBX stays within the nail until it has grown out then why EVERYTIME? As surely if the IBX is within the nail, and shellac is being reapplied every two weeks, it will be a while before the IBX grows out??
TIA

I use it when there's a need for that, if nails are ok I go straight to Gelish. I don't want my clients to think I milk them. Unless they ask for it, then they can have it every time ;-)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just out of interest, is anyone using the IBX heat lamp from Louella Belle?
Im putting an order in today and the lamp is £34.95, bit more pricey than the ones being discussed previously!

Just out of interest, is anyone using the IBX heat lamp from Louella Belle?
Im putting an order in today and the lamp is £34.95, bit more pricey than the ones being discussed previously!

I wouldn't bother getting this one, I have an infra red lamp and don't like it, the one from louella belle looks no different!I'm still waiting to hear what model of nail polish dryer we can use.

Unsure why I am not getting an answer on here or facebook, getting irked!:rolleyes::Scared:

Hi Holly, just an aside - dont forget if you want to continue with Shellac you have to use the official CND UV lamp to guarantee a full and proper cure, they currently have no suitable LED lamp.

Karaxxx

Thank you for that :) I have a UV lamp at the moment, I'd been wanting to upgrade to LED but had realized that CND and UV don't mix currently so that put a spanner in those works fairly promptly (and there's nothing wrong with my less than year old UV lamp so I guess not much reason to)

My NEXT question (sorry if I'm being a pain guys)

I'm looking into infrared ideas today... and I'm wondering, is there any reason a desk lamp with a light bullb swapped for a infrared bulb won't work? Providing, of course, the bulb is compatible with the lamp... does it have to be 100w or can it be say 60?

Last edited:
I'm using an ikea lamp for a 60w bulb but have a 100w infra red in it. So far so good. It is on for a max of 4 mins! If it carries on as successfully as it has been I will invest in something more suitable or may leave it till my electrics blow lol!

Maisey mouse - there has been comments somewhere from jim re the nail drier saying that is perfectly suitable with a link to a single hand drier and a double hand drier.

Vic x

yay thank you! I found a 60W bulb which I'd assume should give off enough heat if a nail dryer does (especially since the bulbs are for reptiles) I guess at how cheap the bulb is, it's worth a shot... and the whole $6 for the lamp... lol!

I'm using an ikea lamp for a 60w bulb but have a 100w infra red in it. So far so good. It is on for a max of 4 mins! If it carries on as successfully as it has been I will invest in something more suitable or may leave it till my electrics blow lol!

Maisey mouse - there has been comments somewhere from jim re the nail drier saying that is perfectly suitable with a link to a single hand drier and a double hand drier.

Vic x

I haven't seen it, must be going blind :wink2:, I've been following this thread, does anyone know where it is. I don't want too waste any more money on buying another heat source

Ladies, please advise me. Ive been using IBX on a client whose nail are very ridged, dry, brittle but thick. She always has Brisa Lite smoothing gel and Shellac every two weeks. Ive done 3 IBX repair & IBX treatments a 2 week intervals. Yesterday we did removal & IBX 3 & decided to not reapply Shellac but to shorten and put Vinylux on to rest her nails & so I could do weekly IBX treatments to get better results. Is this ok?? Im just unsure if shes has 3 IBX treatments so far, if now doing weekly for a few weeks is unadvisable & could over do it??? Don't want to do more harm than good & over apply treatment. Thanks for any help :D x
Pic is before 1st treatment
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396348605043.jpg
    1396348605043.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 177
Ladies, please advise me. Ive been using IBX on a client whose nail are very ridged, dry, brittle but thick. She always has Brisa Lite smoothing gel and Shellac every two weeks. Ive done 3 IBX repair & IBX treatments a 2 week intervals. Yesterday we did removal & IBX 3 & decided to not reapply Shellac but to shorten and put Vinylux on to rest her nails & so I could do weekly IBX treatments to get better results. Is this ok?? Im just unsure if shes has 3 IBX treatments so far, if now doing weekly for a few weeks is unadvisable & could over do it??? Don't want to do more harm than good & over apply treatment. Thanks for any help :D x
Pic is before 1st treatment

I'm no expert but I think if she's got brittle nails anyway then doing weekly ibx could make it worse.

I did wonder about this!!! I dont want to make her nails worse!!!!

Hi there, I have finally ordered my IBX and am thinking of running a facebook promo/competition where one lucky client can receive a complimentary IBX treatment just to get it out there to all of my clients. I was wondering if there are any before & after promo pictures available for me to post on my facebook page before I can start a collection of my own??!!
Thanks

I asked clients to send me pics of their own or their friends challenged nails. I got a few pics and chose a client to have a course of 3 treatments. I then posted the before and afters on fb which were very impressive!

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back