IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's doing the job for lots of us! Mine didn't come from hk and having seen my friends minx lamp It's no different in size just hasn't got the flexible arm? It fits in my mobile box,it's only just bigger than the lightbulb?

What are you using can I see a pic if that's ok ? X

Anybody know how long louella belle take to 'authorise' your account and what that entails? Registered on the 15th and not heard anything yet :(

I'd ring them and chase it, looks like you've been missed. Mine was done on the same day, but that was before the IBX madness & demand :) x

What are you using can I see a pic if that's ok ? X

Yeah course,mines put away at the mo but this is it x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396079150.921334.jpg

But it's doing the job for lots of us! Mine didn't come from hk and having seen my friends minx lamp It's no different in size just hasn't got the flexible arm? It fits in my mobile box,it's only just bigger than the lightbulb?

Jim N: Good to hear! It might be a different model. Its hard to tell the size from the picture.

Yeah course,mines put away at the mo but this is it x

View attachment 60320

I had this lamp, used it twice and the bulb blew. They sent me a new bulb, I used it two or three times and it blew again. So I gave up and use my desk lamp, it seems warm enough.

Hi just thought I'd message you as I see lots of fab positive results here on salon geek but my results are short lived. I have applied the product to my own nails as well as one of my clients, the results are immediate and visible but last only about 4 days then peeling/ flaking is as bad as ever !! Clients nails are strong but have chronic flaking, have applied, heated blotted and cured as per instructions but there must be something amiss in what I'm doing ! I am performing cuticle removal with CND cuticle away before application but am cleansing thoroughly before IBX , also am using IR lamp rather than 100w bulb ....is either the pep service or the lamp compromising IBX penetration ? Could the chemicals in cuticle away be preventing absorption or is the lamp burning off product rather than promoting penetration ?? Really want the results I know the product has been developed to give but am a little disheartened ! Client has now had 3 treatments a week apart but she says her strength lasts about 4 days then the peeling is almost worst than before !! Have advised oiling regularly and suspect she is a picker but have also experienced these results on my own nails which makes me think it's something in my service that's not right ! How long or how many treatments before I should see lasting results on nails that have moderate peeling /flaking at free edge ? Have checked literature watched your videos and others recently uploaded and am correct in application and timing ,understand the need not to press out repair from free edges etc but am now at a loss and will lose this client from both IBX and shellac service !! Your advice would be most welcome Many Thanks

Hi just thought I'd message you as I see lots of fab positive results here on salon geek but my results are short lived. I have applied the product to my own nails as well as one of my clients, the results are immediate and visible but last only about 4 days then peeling/ flaking is as bad as ever !! Clients nails are strong but have chronic flaking, have applied, heated blotted and cured as per instructions but there must be something amiss in what I'm doing ! I am performing cuticle removal with CND cuticle away before application but am cleansing thoroughly before IBX , also am using IR lamp rather than 100w bulb ....is either the pep service or the lamp compromising IBX penetration ? Could the chemicals in cuticle away be preventing absorption or is the lamp burning off product rather than promoting penetration ?? Really want the results I know the product has been developed to give but am a little disheartened ! Client has now had 3 treatments a week apart but she says her strength lasts about 4 days then the peeling is almost worst than before !! Have advised oiling regularly and suspect she is a picker but have also experienced these results on my own nails which makes me think it's something in my service that's not right ! How long or how many treatments before I should see lasting results on nails that have moderate peeling /flaking at free edge ? Have checked literature watched your videos and others recently uploaded and am correct in application and timing ,understand the need not to press out repair from free edges etc but am now at a loss and will lose this client from both IBX and shellac service !! Your advice would be most welcome Many Thanks

Cuticle work including cuticle away should not be performed before IBX treatment but is done after. My clients all saw an improvement after their first treatment.

It seems a bit hasty to loose heart if it is only one client you are finding difficulty with.
Don't forget she needs to grow out the original damage that had been done before you can see the true benefits of IBX....x

Thank you for your replies! I will swap any cuticle work to post IBX application but would like to know the whys and wherefores. Sadly as this client seems not to be able to grow out the damage with the IBX as the flaking continues and am disheartened because I am unable to give her the reassurance that given time results should improve ...she feels she is throwing good money away ! I can actually see the repair wicking into the flaking edges and she does experience improvement initially it just doesn't last long enough for her to grow out any damage. A bit of a perfectionist so feel the need to understand where and why this may not be working . Thank you again just want it to be the panacea I think it is !

Thank you for your replies! I will swap any cuticle work to post IBX application but would like to know the whys and wherefores. Sadly as this client seems not to be able to grow out the damage with the IBX as the flaking continues and am disheartened because I am unable to give her the reassurance that given time results should improve ...she feels she is throwing good money away ! I can actually see the repair wicking into the flaking edges and she does experience improvement initially it just doesn't last long enough for her to grow out any damage. A bit of a perfectionist so feel the need to understand where and why this may not be working . Thank you again just want it to be the panacea I think it is !

I have been filing off the worst of the flaked bits before applying repair?

I have also suggested to my clients to let the weak/damaged bits grow out before trying to get them too long.
So by the third appointment I let them start growing them longer naturally.
So far so good.

To Salontreat

The only comment I can make from what you have said is about the heat burning the product off. I am using an infra red but it is quite a way from the nails, treating all 10 nails at a time, so the heat is extremely gentle. There should be no question of it burning off. I also do all cuticle work after, so that could be it. Would it be feasible to offer this client a couple of free treatments to keep her on side. Do before pics and tell her you're trying to find out why it isn't working. I would hope that she would be pleased that you care!
Good luck

Vicki x

Hi everyone, loving my ibx so far but one thing I have noticed is when I'm soaking my jessica geleration Iv noticed it much harder to remove, it's almost as though it has dried to the nail?? Has anyone else noticed it harder to remove their gel polish after using ibx? Xx

To Salontreat

The only comment I can make from what you have said is about the heat burning the product off. I am using an infra red but it is quite a way from the nails, treating all 10 nails at a time, so the heat is extremely gentle. There should be no question of it burning off. I also do all cuticle work after, so that could be it. Would it be feasible to offer this client a couple of free treatments to keep her on side. Do before pics and tell her you're trying to find out why it isn't working. I would hope that she would be pleased that you care!
Good luck

Vicki x

Thanks for your thoughts and insights ! Nice to see that my theories are similar ...had thought to offer a couple of treatments to keep her on side Hope she will continue to give it a go

I have been filing off the worst of the flaked bits before applying repair?

I have also suggested to my clients to let the weak/damaged bits grow out before trying to get them too long.
So by the third appointment I let them start growing them longer naturally.
So far so good.

Thank you for your reply ...am reluctant to do too much filing or removal of flaking as this clients nails are very short already ! I assumed the repair product would bond the flaking nail layers with its IPN allowing growth but this doesn't seem to be the case as the flaking continues resulting in continued short nails !! I will swap cuticle work, reassess heat from IR lamp and distance from nail and gently buff excess flaking , offer a free treatment and continue to re evaluate ! Work in progress :)

Thank you for your reply ...am reluctant to do too much filing or removal of flaking as this clients nails are very short already ! I assumed the repair product would bond the flaking nail layers with its IPN allowing growth but this doesn't seem to be the case as the flaking continues resulting in continued short nails !! I will swap cuticle work, reassess heat from IR lamp and distance from nail and gently buff excess flaking , offer a free treatment and continue to re evaluate ! Work in progress :)

Just a thought... Are you applying the Repair into the delamination as opposed to just painting in on? xx

ok so I have read through this thread and haven't yet seen an answer to my question so apologies if this has already been answered or if this is a stupid question!!
We use IBX Repair and IBX EVERYTIME before shellac that is clear (to prevent any dehydration during the soaking process). But, if the IBX stays within the nail until it has grown out then why EVERYTIME? As surely if the IBX is within the nail, and shellac is being reapplied every two weeks, it will be a while before the IBX grows out??
TIA

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396206813118.jpg
    1396206813118.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 202
Im going to probably sound like a complete rookie (and I kind am) so sorry in advance.... I've just seen a local alon suplybstore I'm in Aus) stocks this, and I think I have a family friend who would benefit EXTREMELY well from the "repair" product. She has super thin nails, that flake, snap almost as oon as they're past the free edge, she is elderly and is on medication ( in her 60s)

1st question; it says on the page "cured with your favourite LED lamp", I've been looking into a LED but just got into CND shellac which is UV, so can it cure with a Uv at all? (Probably a seriously stupid question but anyway)

2nd question - what's the prep for this product? Is there any buffing at all? As I can't hit her nail with a buffing block I have to use a super blunt just to shape!

Any insight thank you in advance, I had never heard of this product before joining salon geek as here in aus our products seem to be limited compared to elsewhere!

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im going to probably sound like a complete rookie (and I kind am) so sorry in advance.... I've just seen a local alon suplybstore I'm in Aus) stocks this, and I think I have a family friend who would benefit EXTREMELY well from the "repair" product. She has super thin nails, that flake, snap almost as oon as they're past the free edge, she is elderly and is on medication ( in her 60s)

1st question; it says on the page "cured with your favourite LED lamp", I've been looking into a LED but just got into CND shellac which is UV, so can it cure with a Uv at all? (Probably a seriously stupid question but anyway)

2nd question - what's the prep for this product? Is there any buffing at all? As I can't hit her nail with a buffing block I have to use a super blunt just to shape!

Any insight thank you in advance, I had never heard of this product before joining salon geek as here in aus our products seem to be limited compared to elsewhere!

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

These questions have been answered in many threads but it can be difficult to find them within the wealth of information.

1. Yes you can use your Shellac lamp, the cure time is 2mins, if you used an LED lamp the cure time you be considerably less that's all.

2. No filing or buffing should be done, the whole point is that it strengthens nails, so file to shape and scrubfresh then straight into IBX procedure. If you want to do any cuticle work etc, do it after you've finished IBXing.

HTH
Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back