IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, after IBX you continue your normal service as usual. Like you said once it's in it is in there completely!

I have explained it to my clients as an on going health treatment for their nails. I have made sure not to tell them after one application they will be cured/perfect nails etc, but it helps to find out if they are willing to invest in their nails by giving it a go,

I believe gel polish clients use it every time/if willing. Obviously gel polish clients come back fortnightly or longer but it just gets reapplied then. It will always work whether it's applied weekly or longer as the product itself does it's job when it is in the nail. However the client wouldn't see fast consistent results if not using regularly. But that said, it doesn't mean they have to. The product is very affordable, you aren't going to lose hundreds if it's not that popular, although it most likely will be!

My prices are

£12 first application with shellac (price on top)
£7 for follow up appointments (shellac price on top)

(Not too much ontop that they would be really put off? Least I don't think so)

Worst case scenario you would get your costs back fairly quickly if it wasn't every client.

That's how I look at it anyhow :)

Thanks very much hun, that was V helpful. I'll see how to play it, I just hate having people spend money when they don't have to as frequently as it's suggesting. Will aim for as the manufacturer says and see how I go. x

I'm not worried about investment as my nails will love this stuff anyway lol x

It sounds really good but I just can't see any of my clients wanting to pay £7 on top of gelish, so if I decide to get it after following this thread for a while, I think I would only be able to charge £5 maximum and even that would be too much for some of my clients to spend! I have people starting up by me offering gelish for £15 and have already lost a couple of client's :-( they just don't want to spend the money :-( x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

It sounds really good but I just can't see any of my clients wanting to pay £7 on top of gelish, so if I decide to get it after following this thread for a while, I think I would only be able to charge £5 maximum and even that would be too much for some of my clients to spend! I have people starting up by me offering gelish for £15 and have already lost a couple of client's :-( they just don't want to spend the money :-( x

When I spoke to Louella Belle they said to charge £6-10 for the first application and £4-6 for further applications. I'm charging £8 for first and £5 for ongoing and this would be in addition to the £25 I charge for Shellac.

Clients have been more than happy to pay this so far and I chose to price in the mid range of what was suggested.

I don't think it's so much about making loads of profit from this, more to help clients get the most out of their shellac and they feel like their nails are being looked after so are happy to continue with it.

Gosh, I have just read from page 1 to 36 and I just had to stop reading and post my question anyway as there was no answer for my Q as far as I could see. Apologies if it's been answered in pages 37-59!

So the IBX gets cured INTO the nail which is great, so my question is when proceeding to apply Gelish gel polish, which requires a light buffing before application, is the buffing going to buff any of the IBX away? Is it still safe to buff with a 180/240 buffer and not compromise the IBX?

Also, what happens if a client decides she will only have the treatment every 2nd or 3rd Gelish apt - ie every 6wks or longer...? I presume the IBX will still be in the nail until it grows out so won't really affect anything too much? I'm worried that people won't want to spend the extra every Gelish appointment :/ Or is there no point in doing the service for them if they won't have it every 2-3 weeks?

Thanks

I think your question has already been answered but I just wanted to add that I don't buff before the Gelish application, as I don't find it necessary. My clients don't have any lifting issues through this. Have you tried it?

I have advised my clients to have a package of three treatments and then we would re asses their nails and see how often they might need the treatment. As soon as they have the first treatment, they can see the difference! This makes it easier to encourage them to carry on with it.

By then, I'm sure we will have more reports from fellow geeks whether the IBX needs to be applied with every Gelish service.

Hi all. Just joined today to try and get some info on IBX and reading through it has been really helpfull. I currently use Gelish and have the 6g LED lamp. I know that you need the additional heat source, but was wondering what you guys are using and what the results have been. I can see from the Louella Belle website that they have an infrared lamp, but I am wondering if it is worth the money?? Many thanks in advance

I paid a lot less than they are charging for the same lamp from ebay and found it pretty useless as it is at the wrong angle.

I bought a lamp from IKEA for about £8.99 that takes a 60w bulb and fits into my nail table. I'm afraid I have a 100w infra red bulb in it at the moment so can easily adjust it for distance and it works like a dream. I'm sure that I shouldn't be using a 100w infra red bulb in a normal lamp, but the most it's on for is 5 minutes and so far so good! My clients have really enjoyed the gentle heat!

If the treatment continues to be as popular as it has been, I may invest in another lamp, but if my IKEA lamp blows, I'm only down £9.00!

Vicki x

What are all you mobile therapists using for your heat? Trying to find something lightweight and small. Don't want anything bulky, my kit is too big already!x

I got an infrared lamp from eBay. The link is a few pages from this one. That was only a tenner and works perfectly and fits in my mobile kit :)

I got an infrared lamp from eBay. The link is a few pages from this one. That was only a tenner and works perfectly and fits in my mobile kit :)

Yes I saw that but unfortunately they have sold out... I wonder why lol x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393950905.445262.jpg

I love IBX results! This is a first time application that was going to be topped with shellac. Actually astounded by the result!! X

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone had asked me how long I have been using IBX and why do I feel it's been long enough of a trial to recommend it?
I cannot for the life of me find the specific thread or even the question anymore to be able to quote :( I was very busy and not able to respond right away.
I received my IBX Duo pack second week of January, on January 17th I had my first IBX client. The results were so visibly drastic that I had to promote it the best I could for as many of my client as possible. They in turn sent me friends, and the clients that get their other esthetic service done with me decided to give it a go. So, I had to look through my schedule to see how may clients I did the IBX treatment for since January 17t, 53 is the number. At the end of this week I will be up to 70, and I just received 2 more requests for booking from a recommendation :)
In short, I feel that I have tested it as best as I could in such a short amount of time. The visible results speak for themselves and clients are Happy Happy. Isn't that the best indicator of the product's effectiveness?
I have stopped taking pictures as I get swamped and have no time, unless of course the set is in dire need of being photographed.
Happy IBX-ing ya'll

p.s. I should correct to say, I have had over 50 IBX services, timings improve after the initial service, and you cruise through all their next appts :)

When I spoke to Louella Belle they said to charge £6-10 for the first application and £4-6 for further applications. I'm charging £8 for first and £5 for ongoing and this would be in addition to the £25 I charge for Shellac.

Clients have been more than happy to pay this so far and I chose to price in the mid range of what was suggested.

I don't think it's so much about making loads of profit from this, more to help clients get the most out of their shellac and they feel like their nails are being looked after so are happy to continue with it.

that is a great attitude to have and it shows your professionalism and caring about your customers. But I do have to say that IBX only costs about .** per application and a bottle of IBX will last for at least 60-70 applications, so it can be pretty profitable!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are all you mobile therapists using for your heat? Trying to find something lightweight and small. Don't want anything bulky, my kit is too big already!x

small blow dryer works also

Hi, I am so sorry if this has already been asked but on scrolling through I cant see the answer to my question. I have just ordered my IBX so have not trialled it yet. Cant wait!
I have a lot of clients who wear Brisa lite smoothing gel under their shellac, do you find that by using IBX you no longer need to use the smoothing gel? I think my clients will be reluctant to pay extra for the Brisa lite and IBX on top of the cost for their shellac?
thank you

Hi, I am so sorry if this has already been asked but on scrolling through I cant see the answer to my question. I have just ordered my IBX so have not trialled it yet. Cant wait!
I have a lot of clients who wear Brisa lite smoothing gel under their shellac, do you find that by using IBX you no longer need to use the smoothing gel? I think my clients will be reluctant to pay extra for the Brisa lite and IBX on top of the cost for their shellac?
thank you

I use myself here as an example. I used to have to use 2 coats of BLSG on my thin bendy nails. After 2 applications of IBX I no longer need it as they are much stronger. One of my clients still has both and it adds an extra £10 to her service price but I think we will soon be able to dispense with the smoothing gel, not sure this is particularly good news for my pocket though!!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393972553.964668.jpg

This client has a trauma from bashing her finger in the washing machine. And now has a permanent split!

I stupidly didn't get a before IBX photo!! All I can do now is document it from here on out. But I do believe after two treatments it has made a difference. I look forward to (and hope) seeing how this goes with further treatments.

Sorry, busy, no time to read all these at the mo.
Is it only Louella Belle that supplies IBX please ?

Latest posts

Back