IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBX is amazing, I haven't actually had a chance yet to use it on my own nails but have 10 ladies at the moment using it and it is miracle in a bottle, I have taken loads of pics and I have all different scenarios, I have never been so confident, love it, love it! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394268474.191310.jpg

Jim N: If the nail bed is exposed, IBX should not be applied. On your first question, you can continue with the Ongoing Application procedure and not the First Application.

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Just waiting for my delivery and then I'm good to go 😊

Can I ask how many of you are applying IBX as a weekly treatment? I have bought this with one specific lady in mind... She doesn't use her solar oil (naughty naughty), she's always in the kitchen cooking etc and just seems to be quite tough on her nails, her Shellac never lasts 2 weeks and her index and middle fingers on both hands are quite peely/delaminated. I know she will be perfect for IBX but I know she's not going to want to replace her Shellac every week so I can IBX her nails but she also won't want to go without Shellac lol! Is this going to be effective if she only starts having it fortnightly with her usual Shellac appointments?x

I have approx 18 ladies for weekly treatments. If she isn't going to come weekly then do the IBX Repair and Restore before each Shellac service as once a month is better than none.
It will work but maybe just not as fast. Then again, that has been my findings. There are better qualified people to anwer this.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask how many of you are applying IBX as a weekly treatment? I have bought this with one specific lady in mind... She doesn't use her solar oil (naughty naughty), she's always in the kitchen cooking etc and just seems to be quite tough on her nails, her Shellac never lasts 2 weeks and her index and middle fingers on both hands are quite peely/delaminated. I know she will be perfect for IBX but I know she's not going to want to replace her Shellac every week so I can IBX her nails but she also won't want to go without Shellac lol! Is this going to be effective if she only starts having it fortnightly with her usual Shellac appointments?x

Yes ofcourse, go ahead, use IBX repair + IBX on her nails next time she's in for a CND Shellac re-application. You'll notice from the beginning, that her Shellac well wear better. I have a client, i see every 3 weeks, she used to wear CND Shellac with Brisa Lite Smoothing gel. Around 10 day after application, her nails start to lift around cuticle and sidewalls, the rest is helped off. So every 3 weeks is see some damage on the center of het nails and on the free edge. All nails are shellac free, always. We started IBX. Yesterdag i went back there, she had IBX twice, prior to her CND Shellac (since adding Smoothing gel made no difference for her), 9 out of 10 nails where showing only outgrow!!! We could not believe our eyes :suprised: I really see that IBX prior to CND Shellac improves the wear, a lot!

IBX is not designed to be used on every single client ;-)
IBX is my most profitable service, because i only use it when needed, for those nails who needs the extra protection, the clients who can't wear enhancements (nurses) and for a lot of clients with natural nails that peel and crack.
First treatment takes me 20 minutes with my CND UV lamp, following only 5 minutes extra, i charge 15€ for fist treatments, 10€ for following treatments.
Just got my Dashing Diva LightPod, so my timing for IBX will go down ;-)

IBX is my least profitable treatment due to the time it takes mainly (although the amount of blotting + cleansing also goes through a fair amount of wipes too!)

That said, it is absolutely fantastic for those that usually struggle to wear just Shellac.. Absolutely it is helping me to gain new clients + retain those who were struggling. But I really don't see any benefit in using with ladies who have naturally strong nails who get 3 weeks or more from their shellac anyway.
I'd rather they spend that extra money on something that would be actually beneficial; a nail oil, lotion or upgraded manicure etc and I don't want to waste my time and burn up appointment slots doing unnecessary work when I could be seeing more clients. Work hard + smart is my moto. I'd say it is only needed for around 60% of my clients.

For the most part I don't have any fantastic before/after pictures either as my ladies didn't have damaged nails to begin with. Certainly you can feel the difference and I'm seeing amazing returns with shellac longevity + nail growth for those ladies who don't have naturally blessed nails.

I have quite a few on weekly appointments for IBX, results have been amazing! I've posted a pic a few posts back of a clients nails over a 3 week period, she doesn't have shellac just manicures.

Also had fab results on regular fortnightly shellacs. It's well worth it. I show my ladies my before/after pics, no hard sell, they just want it.

I have one nightmare client who just picks and picks at her shellac and nails. She's been a client for many years and we have a good relationship so I told her my way or the highway 😉 She's now had 3 weeks of IBX and vinylux, nails are so much better cos she's only going a week before she comes back. I've told her if she keeps this up a few more weeks she can go back to IBX with her shellac. She tells me she needs to find a better salon. I tell her but you love me!!! Lol.

GO FOR IT xx

IBX is amazing, I haven't actually had a chance yet to use it on my own nails but have 10 ladies at the moment using it and it is miracle in a bottle, I have taken loads of pics and I have all different scenarios, I have never been so confident, love it, love it! View attachment 58454

Do these ladies have natural nails or use Gelish/Shellac etc with it ? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

So was she happy to pay the extra costs to have the ibx? X

What are the contraindications of this product? (If there are any?) apart from the obvious that would stand for any manicure or product application to the nails, so far from this whole thread I've seen not to touch skin and have the client consult with their dr if diabetic etc?. Also, the ingredients? For instance, I don't apply solar oil to those who suffer a nut allergy is there anything throughout consultation that should be a no no for IBX? Sorry i'm probably being over cautious but I like to know my products inside out.

Thanks x

They all have CND Smoothing gel with Shellac. Theyve all been happy to pay so far but im really hoping to see some visible improvements or they will question the extra cost x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

They all have CND Smoothing gel with Shellac. Theyve all been happy to pay so far but im really hoping to see some visible improvements or they will question the extra cost x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks, keep us posted x

Did these on my mother in law last night. I was sceptical as I did not notice much difference on mine but mine were not really that bad. This I was impressed with :biggrin:

Hi this is a brilliant picture, would you mind me using it on my Facebook page to show my clients the benefits please? TIA x

I have both natural nails and shellac, also have two which have smoothing gel. No one has even questioned the extra amount, I think as long as it works and the more people I have done the more confident I have become in the product in fact I think it is better than I thought it was going to be!

Does anyone have a condensed (easy!) version of instructions please?

Does anyone have a condensed (easy!) version of instructions please?

Wash hands
cleanse nails
apply IBX repair
heat 1 minute
blot
cure (time for color coat for your LED lamp or 2 minutes in CND lamp)
cleanse
((FIRST APPLICATION ONLY
apply IBX
heat 5 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse))
apply IBX
heat 3 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse

Wash hands
cleanse nails
apply IBX repair
heat 1 minute
blot
cleanse
((FIRST APPLICATION ONLY
apply IBX
heat 5 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse))
apply IBX
heat 3 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse

Do you cleanse between the two coats of IBX?

Wash hands
cleanse nails
apply IBX repair
heat 1 minute
blot
cleanse
((FIRST APPLICATION ONLY
apply IBX
heat 5 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse))
apply IBX
heat 3 minutes
blot
cure
cleanse

Thanks! So you always use ibx first before repair (on 1st applications)?

Thanks! So you always use ibx first before repair (on 1st applications)?

Read it again! IBX repair where needed followed by 2 applications of IBX. If under shellac etc it's recommended to use repair then IBX. You never use repair on its own, and only do 2 lots of regular IBX the first time x

Do you cleanse between the two coats of IBX?

Easiest way to remember is, you cleanse every time the hand comes out of the led lamp ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Read it again! IBX repair where needed followed by 2 applications of IBX. If under shellac etc it's recommended to use repair then IBX. You never use repair on its own, and only do 2 lots of regular IBX the first time x

Had my glasses off lol!

Can I use repair on the whole nail or just the areas of delamination? She's leaving the nails natural after, no gel/polish.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back