IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question do you so cuticle work with first application thanks x

I would do cuticle work with every application after the IBX!

Vicki x

Jim N: kara, we are testing a compact heater, fingers crossed. Will keep you posted!

Oooh this would be fab! do you know how long you might be "testing for" before you can release the details?x

Thanks I did after I was panicking as it was my first but she loved the results booked back in 😊 a new and returning customer! X

Is there any reason why we can't do cuticle work first and then proceed with IBX? Does it make any difference I wonder? TIA x

Is there any reason why we can't do cuticle work first and then proceed with IBX? Does it make any difference I wonder? TIA x

Yes, to maximize the penetration of IBX in the natural nail, we avoid using soap, water, cuticle eraser before the use of IBX.

I have been filing then attending to cuticles before applying purely because I find it easier to incorporate into my noraml routine, I'm sure it doesnt make much difference but I will try it doing cuticle work afterwards if that is the 'done' way.

I bought an infra red lamp but it's prett awful and I can't direct it down so I am going to look into purchasing the Minx Lamp (mini one?)

I have had IBX sat there for a couple of weeks and barely looked at it until the last week, I must get on with promoting this!

Ive just had a look at the minx lamp and its massive, I really want to try IBX but I want a more compact heat source x

Same here, I really want it but can't find a decent lamp that's not too expensive, I'm not using a hairdryer on clients as I feel it would look unprofessional x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used a desk lamp with a flexible neck and replaced the bulb with a 100watt red heat bulb from pets at home (the type that goes in a reptile tank to warm them up). It was only a couple of quid and worked great! Be careful though and make sure that your lamp is made to take 100watt bulbs. Mine is a lamp I've had donkeys years so not sure if they still make them to take 100watt bulbs nowadays but worth looking into.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394531590.938621.jpg

Sorry if this is in the thread, I haven't stumbled across it. With gelish u take o the shine off the nail, do you still do this when you use this product. And is this only used with gel polishes only or can it be used under acrylic x

I also need an answer to this. Also would I still use the ph bond?

Yes still use ph bond & it can be used under acrylic but obviously regular treatments are then not possible if these are only Infilled.

Yes, to maximize the penetration of IBX in the natural nail, we avoid using soap, water, cuticle eraser before the use of IBX.

Thank you Conny :hug:

I wonder though, the first stage of the treatment is to have clients wash their hands and then cleanse the nail plate prior to application of IBX. Also, wouldn't the IBX penetrate better if there was no cuticle on the nail and they were squeaky clean?

Linda and Jim have said to do the work AFTER the IBX application but I can't recall the reason - maybe that's the procedure/order they found easier? Or maybe there is a scientific reason?

Like Zooks, I will find it easier to do the cuticle work first - especially if I am soaking off previous gel/Shellac - so I just wonder if this is OK?

Has anyone found a Canadian distributor for IBX R&R?

Has anyone found a Canadian distributor for IBX R&R?

Nova Beauty out of BC

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you Conny :hug:

I wonder though, the first stage of the treatment is to have clients wash their hands and then cleanse the nail plate prior to application of IBX. Also, wouldn't the IBX penetrate better if there was no cuticle on the nail and they were squeaky clean?

Linda and Jim have said to do the work AFTER the IBX application but I can't recall the reason - maybe that's the procedure/order they found easier? Or maybe there is a scientific reason?

Like Zooks, I will find it easier to do the cuticle work first - especially if I am soaking off previous gel/Shellac - so I just wonder if this is OK?

This is how i do it:
We wash our hands with water and soap. Then i first use Coolblue, wrap the nails with Nourisching remover, remove the CND Shellac. Then i apply IBX, heat 3 minutes, blot, cure 2 minutes in my CND UV lamps. Cleanse with coolblue, apply Cuticle away, do cuticle work, file, re apply CND Shellac

Hi Geeks! I'm very happy with IBX but I have one client, former nail biter, with extremely soft nails, just like baby's ones. She's had 2 applications in 2 weeks so far - nails got a bit harder and stronger but still not enough improvement. I have an impression that progress is too slow - is there any way to speed it up a bit? Would applying 2 layers make sense? Gelish doesn't last on her so we do it on natural nail. I'm
worried that she'll start biting again!

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Geeks! I'm very happy with IBX but I have one client, former nail biter, with extremely soft nails, just like baby's ones. She's had 2 applications in 2 weeks so far - nails got a bit harder and stronger but still not enough improvement. I have an impression that progress is too slow - is there any way to speed it up a bit? Would applying 2 layers make sense? Gelish doesn't last on her so we do it on natural nail. I'm
worried that she'll start biting again!

I'd just stick with weekly treatments & perhaps try gelish in a couple of weeks in hope that it will last better now.
The more you doubt the product in front of her the more she is likely not to see a course of treatments through or start biting, so remain positive. I think with certain nail issues it's going to take a while for a real difference to show.
Do you paint them with a traditional polish?

I'd just stick with weekly treatments & perhaps try gelish in a couple of weeks in hope that it will last better now.
The more you doubt the product in front of her the more she is likely not to see a course of treatments through or start biting, so remain positive. I think with certain nail issues it's going to take a while for a real difference to show.
Do you paint them with a traditional polish?

Thanks for reply. Yes I always stay positive and she did accept she needs few more treatments to get them really strong. She's very pleased so far and she has booked 2 next appts. Yes I use normal polish and she carries on with nail strenghtener - she bites when the nail has even the smallest ridge so it has to be kept super smooth. The thing is they are so soft that is very easy to get them damaged that's why I'm a bit impatient... she breaks/tears the nail almost every day. She files it immediately to not bite. This has to stop before she loses enthusiasm.

Latest posts

Back