IBX Restore & Repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just on delamination but I have used all over if nails are really weak!

Vicki x

Sorry last question! If you do cuticle work afterwards would the ibx/repair still penetrate the nails ok if there's any cuticle on the nail plate?

If you have a dennis williams near by they also sell it

If you think that the vulnerable part of the nail is more the free edge so as the nail grows and the client has ibx it will grow with ibx so it's not that desperate that some by the cuticle doesn't get treated in the first go!
Hope that makes sense.

Vicki x

Does anyone use an infrared lamp as the heat source? I just ordered one yesterday as noticed Louella Belle are selling one on the same page as IBX and now I have been sent instructions and the infrared lamp bit has been crossed out!

I'm really confused. I couldn't find a lamp that would take a bulb higher than 40w. What are you all using?

I think the heat source had caused the most confusion. I'm using infra red but found the LB light (the same as the one I bought from eBay) not the best. I have a beauty type lamp with an infra red bulb. It allows me to position it quite a way away from clients and avoids it shining in their eyes. Maybe there is a new heat source about to be released.......

I'm happy as I'm getting great results.

Vicki x

I'm using my minx lamp, it's really good as I can position it well and get both hands done at the same time. My only problem will be when I need to see my mobile ladies, I don't have many these days but it's pretty bulky!

Karaxxx

Just read the ibx instructions leaflet from the duo pack and it says after applying ibx/repair "if not using polish apply lumos top and basecoat". I was actually going to leave the nails bare afterwards but is this not recommended then? Are you all applying at least a clear topcoat or something after the treatment?

Just read the ibx instructions leaflet from the duo pack and it says after applying ibx/repair "if not using polish apply lumos top and basecoat". I was actually going to leave the nails bare afterwards but is this not recommended then? Are you all applying at least a clear topcoat or something after the treatment?

Anyone? I'm doing this treatment in half hour, yikes!

Also if I reapply after say 3 weeks do I still need to do the ibx twice as per the first application?

Thanks girls x

Hi waffle, i've just ordered mine today so no expert yet, but been following, i would say as the leaflet suggests it is ok to put on lumos base & top if you want them nice & shiney as it won't do any harm as the ibx is sealed in,

when they come in for next treatment the ibx is only done the once, after doing the ibx repair if needed, hope this helps.

You can leave the nails bare after ibx if you wish too. Or you can give them a buff to shine. I have one client that leaves them bare, the rest are all having shellac. Xx

Thanks girls. And if they are only going to come back say 3 weeks later is it ibx once that time? Or would it be reapplication twice as they've gone so long since 1st application?

I'm confusing myself now! X

Thanks girls. And if they are only going to come back say 3 weeks later is it ibx once that time? Or would it be reapplication twice as they've gone so long since 1st application?

I'm confusing myself now! X

I was looking through this thread trying to find an answer on this without much luck. I did see Jim N saying that it's a permanent addition to the nail plate which is why only one application needed for ongoing treatments. In the instructions it does say for maintenance you would reduce time between applications down to 2 or 3 weeks and that would be with one application of IBX. Hope that helps xxx

I was looking through this thread trying to find an answer on this without much luck. I did see Jim N saying that it's a permanent addition to the nail plate which is why only one application needed for ongoing treatments. In the instructions it does say for maintenance you would reduce time between applications down to 2 or 3 weeks and that would be with one application of IBX. Hope that helps xxx

Jim N: after the initial application, only one application is necessary. Unless several months have gone by since the last application, only one is needed.

I'm using my minx lamp, it's really good as I can position it well and get both hands done at the same time. My only problem will be when I need to see my mobile ladies, I don't have many these days but it's pretty bulky!

Karaxxx

Jim N: kara, we are testing a compact heater, fingers crossed. Will keep you posted!

Does anyone use an infrared lamp as the heat source? I just ordered one yesterday as noticed Louella Belle are selling one on the same page as IBX and now I have been sent instructions and the infrared lamp bit has been crossed out!

I'm really confused. I couldn't find a lamp that would take a bulb higher than 40w. What are you all using?

Jim N: the heat HAS been the most difficult part. We did not realize that incondescent bulbs had been outlawed while in our testing phase. Here in the States, they are legal. A 40W bulb is probably fine. If you can feel heat being emitted, that is what is needed to aid in penetration. With that bulb, you can hold the nails an inch or two closer.

Just leaving them bare for my natural nail clients or painting if required x

Had my glasses off lol!

Can I use repair on the whole nail or just the areas of delamination? She's leaving the nails natural after, no gel/polish.

Thanks x

Jim N: Per the insructions, if used for natural nail growth, Repair is used only on damaged areas.

What are the contraindications of this product? (If there are any?) apart from the obvious that would stand for any manicure or product application to the nails, so far from this whole thread I've seen not to touch skin and have the client consult with their dr if diabetic etc?. Also, the ingredients? For instance, I don't apply solar oil to those who suffer a nut allergy is there anything throughout consultation that should be a no no for IBX? Sorry i'm probably being over cautious but I like to know my products inside out.

Thanks x

Jim N: Sounds like you understand them. The only thing I would add is do jot apply if any part of the nail bed is exposed. Do not apply if the client had prior sesativities.

Quick question do you so cuticle work with first application thanks x

Latest posts

Back