If anyone gets five minutes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickypie82

Reaction score
I have just put up some pics of my lash extensions and I would really appreciate some feedback/advice as I am still new to the beauty game! ta xxx

If you've only just started then you should be really proud of yourself! The lashes look really good.

The only constructive criticism I was going to make was that some of the inner lashes looked a bit far out from the lashline but then i noticed your comment that your friend said they irritated her here?

If she is having irritation, I would suggest you try shorter lashes on the inner corner, rather than placing them further out. She might find that in a week or so (after a bit of growth) these longer ones will start to twist and droop. And that's REALLY annoying.

That's just my opinion but overall it is a big "WELL DONE" those lashes look really good x

Where is the link? X

Zoe- if you click my name it should take you through :)

Elliebee- thank you! What length would you suggest for the inner lashes? She has long natural lashes and likes them to look really look so I use 14mm 12mm and 11mm so far...would you go down to 10 or even shorter? When shes had them done by someone previously they just left a big gap for her so I followed what they had done....though I thought it a bit strange she is ok with them attached at the root further on the edges?! So maybe its not a glue irritation but more a length thing?? xx

Hi had a quick peak at your lashes - very nice :biggrin: I would re-iterate what Elliebee says and you def need to go shorter on the inside lashes, and apply properly ie closer to the root, by applying so far from the root you are making the lash heavier and therefore putting a strain on the natural lash therefore causing irritation. You need to go down to at least a 9, this may even be the same length as her natural lashes but they will be thicker and will make her appear to have even longer lashes. Dont forget, to give a long full look it is not all about length, put in your skeleton of longer lashes and fill fill fill with shorter lashes this will give you a thicker fuller look. Hope that helps.

thanks! Im going to keep practicing and hopefully start charging soon?? How much do you guys charge?? Theres a shop near me offering full set for £50 but I was hoping for a bit more....? xx

oh my god they are so good! i really want to do the lash course but i was abit scared as loads of people i know have had them done and not been very happy, but i can honestly say if i'd had them done i'd be chuffed! sorry if you've put this already but who did you train with? was it hard? what products do you use?

aw thanks :) thats helped boost my confidence!! I trained with Glam Lash and been using all their products as I brought the deluxe kit with my training and I've only done five sets so far so havent needed to shop around yet! you should do it, i love it when you see the finished results :) xx

I remember having lash extensions on once and the technician used the same length all the way across. The ones in the inner corners drove me mad. They were too long and kept hitting my eyelid!
I always put smaller straighter lashes in the inner corners. This may have been the case with your client. Perhaps the tech before just put lashes on that were too long.
They look really fab seeing as you have just started. It would be nice to see pics where the client has their eyes open and looking straight at the camera, then you get to see how everyone else sees them.
14mm is quite long. I know lots of clients want that full look and it's very easy to think that if you put longer lashes on then you will achieve that effect.
Very often that is not the case. They can sometimes end up looking quite spidery. It's better to put shorter ones on and fill, fill, fill.
I'm not saying that yours look like this, I can't tell without seeing a straight-on picture.
What curl and thickness did you use?
I'd have been well chuffed with these if they were one of my first sets! Mine were truly awful and took me forever!

i def am :D i'm well excited!!! i'm going to beautyUK at birmingham in 2weeks so i might see if they have a stand. thanks for your help and good luck

thanks for your tips! I have just put a before and after open eye shot on, you can def see the difference but Im not sure if its maximum impact? I used J curl .2 thickness xx

they look fab, can i ask how many lashes you put on each eye? xx

thank you! I would guess at roughly 80 each eye I tried to fill them out as much as I could but there were a lot of baby lashes!I want to try some new styles out as opposed to longer corners getting shorter, but not sure where to start?!

Ttry keeping them long in the middle, medium on the outside and short on the inside, that's a really good natural look which a lot of my clients go for. Also you can do sets with short on the inside medium fr the middle and outer corner then dot really long ones everycouple of lashes or so from the outside corner inwards to give a false dramatic look. HTH x

Hi Chickypie,

I'm doing my training with GlamLash tomorrow (I'm so excited about it!) and I was trying to have a look at tour pictures but I can't see them anywhere (I'm on my iPhone though, do you think this is why?) how did you find the training? And is the deluxe kit good ( that's the one that I have ordered)

Kellyx

Hi K3lly I only come on by the laptop but if you click my name it should take you to my profile and I have a folder of lash pics on there! I had the deluxe kit and its fab you will just need to build up your collection of lengths and thicknesses as you go along, thats what Im experimenting with now! My training was brilliant, I really enjoyed it! And I really LOVE lashing now! good luck! xx

Latest posts

Back