If you could live anywhere in England where would you choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived near Bournemouth for many years...full of old people and wheelchairs, and pretentious bars with girls flicking their hair from side to side....with a glass of bucks fizz! Class. I think I was evicted from a club there for having a plastic truncheon that I was using a weapon..... if I remember correctly.

And the same night I had an argument with Katie Price.

Shame I didn't have my truncheon then.

I love Bournemouth! When we were kids that was our holiday destination twice a year as my dads uncle had a flat there. I often look at places there just for fun!

I've moved 18 times in my lifetime and only ever lived in Southampton.
I can't imagine living anywhere else.

I just counted and I'm in my 18th place and I'm only 30! No idea how I've managed that. Moved a lot with my parents and then moved a lot trying to escape my parents lol. Mostly around London but spent time in Manchester for uni (wouldn't go back there) and a short time in North Somerset when I got married (would love to go back there)

I love Bournemouth! When we were kids that was our holiday destination twice a year as my dads uncle had a flat there. I often look at places there just for fun!

It's funny, when you live/lived there you don't quite always see or remember the appeal. I'm often there these days, I have friends down there..along with a God child. Who would do that! It must be a joke.

I often look to move away, but then I want my cake and eat it. We are in essex but still just on the underground, live where everyone talks to everyone, have the country park that then goes into farm land 2 min walk away and only 30 min drive to the seaside. All I really want is my house just double the size.:lol:

Brighton. I think about jacking it all in and moving there at least once a day.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with Stewie!
I love the north, and I love Yorkshire. Go down south and it's like they know I'm northern! People stare, nobody smiles at each other as they pass.
I love saying hello to passes by :)

And how am I supposed to know which side of the escalator to stand on on the underground thing!? People barging past, muttering and swearing under their breath. I didn't realise there are rules for escalators!
Ok this is more of a rant about the underground haha not Southerners. I have some lovely southern friends :)

Anyway. Anywhere in England would be Whitby, 100% my fave place. Closely followed by Pickering and surrounding areas (L)

Laura xx

What is it with Brighton? I went there years ago but I often find myself thinking how I'd love a little shop in Brighton and be part of the colour and quirkiness.

I agree with Stewie!
I love the north, and I love Yorkshire. Go down south and it's like they know I'm northern! People stare, nobody smiles at each other as they pass.
I love saying hello to passes by :)

And how am I supposed to know which side of the escalator to stand on on the underground thing!? People barging past, muttering and swearing under their breath. I didn't realise there are rules for escalators!
Ok this is more of a rant about the underground haha not Southerners. I have some lovely southern friends :)

Anyway. Anywhere in England would be Whitby, 100% my fave place. Closely followed by Pickering and surrounding areas (L)

Laura xx

I'm off to Whitby tomorrow, going to trenches for fish and chips :) xx

Best fish and chips EVER! X

Sent from the catphone

Can't beat it!!
I'm due a trip up soon :) went in February, it's been too long!

Laura xx

We went in April for our anniversary and it was goth weekend! 😱 sure was an eye opener!
We have been in snow,winds, rain and sun and always have a fab time! Xx

What is it with Brighton? I went there years ago but I often find myself thinking how I'd love a little shop in Brighton and be part of the colour and quirkiness.

I would love to visit Brighton my friend went and said she saw a old man just wearing his pink underpants riding a bike it put her off her lunch lol

I used to live in cannock, until i was 15 then i moved to ireland, for 3 years i wanted to move back home but now i couldnt imagine it, Its not england or wales but i live in a small village called doonbeg in thé West of ireland, ive moved 6 times since turning 18 but ive moved back to doonbeg and wont live anywhere else, i love being so close to thé country and to thé sea

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

My view

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's just great. It's quirky and fun, by the sea and they just have loads of cool stuff to do. It's super veggie/vegan friendly and I have some friends there. I ♥ brighton.

Dartmouth in Devon, it's such a lovely place and has a great beach nearby and fantastic fish and chips, I love the place

Although im a proper southener i loved living in buxton and manchester. Manc is just the best city as everyone is really friendly and easy going and it has loys going on and buxton again for the people and countryside to escape the city. I would love to live im pembrokeshire as well

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I really want to live around Shoreditch/Hoxton. I love London xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone here live or has lived in Portland? If we could pick up and move tomorrow this is where my husband would choose. Because there is great outdoor climbing there! I need a better reason than that.

Latest posts

Back