If you could live anywhere in England where would you choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
I love looking at houses on rightmove and often think about moving a bit further out, maybe a seaside town or somewhere in the middle of nowhere. If you could, what area in England/wales would you move to?

Ha, i thought i was the only one that did this. Although i only look at properties that i cant afford. I think I'd quite like to live somewhere in Cheshire, and become the lady of the manor.

I'm currently looking at Oxfordshire and Wiltshire. Other suggestions would be welcome.
I can't believe how much more you get for your money outside London.

Ha, i thought i was the only one that did this. Although i only look at properties that i cant afford. I think I'd quite like to live somewhere in Cheshire, and become the lady of the manor.

Yes me too. I love Cheshire. I'd move about 2 streets away where the houses, sorry mansions go for over £5M. No need for removal van, will donate all my stuff to charity and start fresh.

Anywhere where there's no houses near, no people, no cars. So I can hold my swinging parties without the police turning up !

Im trying to convince my OH to move up to Manchester or Essex but he's not having any of it.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I love where I live. My view from my window makes me feel peaceful.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404980069.301019.jpg

I live in essex and while it gets slated & towie makes my area come across badly...it's an amazing place and I wouldn't want to be from anywhere else.

Leigh on sea is sea side, it's beautiful & my fave place in essex (well I say sea side...Thames estuary!).
Amy x

The plan is to get loaded and move to London. I've heard that it's the only way to live in London.
Any other good places to live in UK fellow brits? :)

I moved to Richmond North Yorkshire two years ago and LOVE it here.
Its the first time ive felt like i want to grow old here, and ive moved quite a bit.
Its so beautiful and so friendly. x

There are lots of places in the UK which I love visiting, but I love where I live so nowhere would turn my head. I have beaches, countryside and good food which is right up my street now I'm the age I am.

I love where I live 5 miles one way I have the new forest 5 miles the other way I have the beach and 20 mins I have southampton which is great for shopping !
I went to Cornwall back in April and could live there it's lovely x

The plan is to get loaded and move to London. I've heard that it's the only way to live in London.
Any other good places to live in UK fellow brits? :)

My plan is to get loaded and move to Melbourne. Lol. We should just be able to swap.

My plan is to get loaded and move to Melbourne. Lol. We should just be able to swap.

That's not a bad idea. We could actually do a swap like that film with Kate Winslet.

I live in essex and while it gets slated & towie makes my area come across badly...it's an amazing place and I wouldn't want to be from anywhere else.

Leigh on sea is sea side, it's beautiful & my fave place in essex (well I say sea side...Thames estuary!).
Amy x

I love Leigh on sea and I was looking at shoeburyness. Just need to convince OH

That's not a bad idea. We could actually do a swap like that film with Kate Winslet.

That sounds like a plan!! ;))

My sister currently lives in a village called Whaley Bridge in Derbyshire . They have just purchased a 5 bedroom Victorian house in Buxton which they will be moving to shortly. The prices of properties is so much cheaper than when they lived in London. Also the scenery is spectacular. The sight if rolling hills outside your window & the country air is lovely.

I live in Central London and love it here, but if I could live anywhere else it would be Brighton. I love it there!

I would love to live in Somerset again. Really liked living there, it felt like home. Manchester doesn't feel like home to me.

Thanks for all your replies! That's given me lots more inspiration for my rightmove browsing! Arranged a valuation for our house next week. We reckon it's gone up by at least 50k in the year since we bought it so will be interesting to see if we are right about that.

Latest posts

Back