If you could only have 5 Gelish colours...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyK

Reaction score
I am just looking into purchasing the Gelish 5 colour kit so it got me thinking what 5 colours should I choose out of the hundreds they have? Also thought it could be fun to see what everyones opinions are. Please help me decide!

I am just looking into purchasing the Gelish 5 colour kit so it got me thinking what 5 colours should I choose out of the hundreds they have? Also thought it could be fun to see what everyones opinions are. Please help me decide!

Oooooooh this is hard!!!! different factors play to making this a decision change. five standard colours to have as a newbie, time of year?!? here goes..................

A start of selection as a newbie my personal opinion

sheek white (for French)
Simply sheer (for french)
a red (stand out, Queen of hearts, hot rod red)
Bellas Vampire (a must in my opinion)
a pink (gossip girl, passion)

Summer
Passion/gossip girl/sugar N Spice
Tiger blossom/tiki tiki laranga/ orange cream dream
carnival hangover
sea foam (bang on trend colour wise, pastel look)
princess tiara (pastel look)

personally if your starting off i'd def get the colours to offer french

hths :)

ahhh i can't decide! got my colours sorted for french (simply sheer and sheek white) but I can't decide the other three. Think Iam going to go for bellas vampire (is this popular in summer though?). Then for pink cant decide between passion or gossip girl and for red can't decide between red roses or good gossip. HELP MEEE!!!! lol

Red Roses
Gossip Girl or the Candyland Sugar and Spice pink
Carnaval Hangover

Ive decided on red roses but now I am confused over bellas Vampire or night reflection. I need to stop looking at colours! I don't know wether to get a dark colour with it being summer although its not much of a summer!!

Soooo hard but ,
Vegas nights
Carnival hangover
Black shadow
Seafoam
Its a lily
That's today 5 lol tomorrow will be different haha

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Soooo hard but ,
Vegas nights
Carnival hangover
Black shadow
Seafoam
Its a lily
That's today 5 lol tomorrow will be different haha

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Its so bad! Ive been sitting all morning just staring at colours!

My top 5 are........ (drum roll please)
* Tiger Blossum
* Diva
* Need a tan
* Passion
* Sheek White

Like said above though tomorrow might be a different 5 just because they are all so gorgeous!!!

Oooh this is a difficult one! Agreed that Sheek White & Simply sheer are a must, I do lots of French all year round. This time of year Tiger Blossum, Passion and Seafoam. Winter time colours Bella's Vampire, Sweet Chocolate & Night Reflection. Tiger Blossum is definitely my most popular colour all round though.

I still have a few regulars asking for bellas now. Not really been much of a summer! :(

Good gossip is stunning! One of my most popular colours by far!

I use just sheek white for my French I personally wouldn't worry about buying simply sheer just yet.

I love bella's vampire and sweet chocolate and a bright pink!

Hth xx

My fave - My forbidden love

Gossip Girl
passion
samuri
exhale

My most popular are starburst, rendezvous, all about me, gossip girl and elegant wish + French. Not all my faves but these r what I use most of. very hard to just pick 5 because u need at least 2 for French. I use Ambience and ACG Glisten much more than simpler sheer for French too.

Thanks for all the replies in the end I've went for sheek white, simple sheer, gossip girl, red roses and night reflection. I also bought passion too cause Iam really into that pinky coral kinda colour.

Thanks for all the replies in the end I've went for sheek white, simple sheer, gossip girl, red roses and night reflection. I also bought passion too cause Iam really into that pinky coral kinda colour.

Fab choices :) xxx

Yes fab choices!

I went for the exact same 5 when I started with Gelish. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Glad I've made a good choice then! Did you find it was a while before you could buy more colours?

Glad I've made a good choice then! Did you find it was a while before you could buy more colours?

You'll be desperate for more the day after they arrive and will find a way of getting them :D xxx

haha I am sure I will :lick:

You definitely will, birthdays, Christmas.... and who needs a second kidney anyway? lol! :D

Latest posts

Back