If you had the Choice would you...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had the choice would you....

• Total voters
Without a doubt, online.
Would love to get to a OSNS as I would love to browse the shop, checking everything out, seeing and touching etc. but the ones anywhere near to me are both too far and impossible for me to get to them during their opening hours.
Online is super convenient. Could do it at home, once recovered from a hard days / weeks work and brain is functioning correctly again (by which point, the phonelines are closed).

90% of the nails products i buy are online (mainly nail art), the other 10% from the wholesale's. I have never used telephone ordering, dont like phoning people, im a nervous speaker and tend to forget things lol!

It is swings and round abouts for me ! :)
I havnt time to be on the phone during salon hours so it would be easier for me to order online when i get home. However it takes so long to get round sites and by the time you have opened up every page for things you want to look at or order several hours may of passed!!!:grr:

Overall I prefere a nice glossy brochure to look at with " a nice milky brew and a couple of bikkies" :Grope:
Hey what about everyone gets a nice glossy to view in own time but online there is just an orderform page that you can tick the items you want-pay-then sit back and wait 4 arrival xxxx Yeaaaah xxxx
Xx Jo xX

Well, I have been doing my homework and looking up distributors in the UK who sell on line. When I read many of the posts on the site, I have assumed from the desperate comments of wanting THG to sell on-line, that all our competitors already do.

How intersting to find this is not so. In fact, there is only one company I would consider a major competitor who in fact does sell on line. Granted you have to register (which I did using my own name etc) but this was very easy and would allow me to buy anything.

But another 5 major companies do not sell on line (well two do but it's to consumer only).

Hmmm I wonder.............:idea:

Well, I have been doing my homework and looking up distributors in the UK who sell on line. When I read many of the posts on the site, I have assumed from the desperate comments of wanting THG to sell on-line, that all our competitors already do.

How intersting to find this is not so. In fact, there is only one company I would consider a major competitor who in fact does sell on line. Granted you have to register (which I did using my own name etc) but this was very easy and would allow me to buy anything.

But another 5 major companies do not sell on line (well two do but it's to consumer only).

That is very interesting!

Does this mean that Hyperion are considering that Online sales is not a priority for the time being?

The majority of larger distributors here in Oz have online shopping available and I am one who uses this. It definitely saves fighting with traffic, finding parking, lugging a truck load (well prob not quite that much) of products to the car and driving back.

Online is so much more convenient and is more often than not, delivered the following day!!! :)

For the moment, I prefer online.
I get better prices shopping online for the bulk of my products, from businesses that are very far from me.

However, when purchasing the other items locally, I prefer to go into the store, so I can really look at stuff and see what's new.
Sometimes, a picture just doesn't cut it.

BUT even with them, I shop online or on the phone since I don't drive and the idea of dragging my two monkeys (3 & 5yrs old) across a bridge, for 2hrs of travelling via bus and underground train (aka metro aka subway).... to a store, to spend the bulk of the time in the store yelling "don't touch that! no, leave it alone! get away from there! no jumping around in the store!" etc etc........ I'd just go plum crazy:eek:

So, until taping up my kids with duct tape and locking them in a closet is legal, I'll stick to online shopping thanks
:green:

That is very interesting!

Does this mean that Hyperion are considering that Online sales is not a priority for the time being?

No, it is a MAJOR priority - MAJOR!!!

For me the chance to order my cnd products online would be fantastic. I chose order online from home because then I could order at any time I like.

I'm another one with a teensy phone phobia and try to avoid dialling out at all costs, although I am getting better!:rolleyes: I tend to drive to Leeds OSNS because I do like a browse, but with the little one getting bigger it's more difficult.

A website is easier (and cheaper!) to update than a brochure, so would be able to show me new products that I wouldn't know about unless I visited; and can prob show you if something is in stock or not, maybe showing an alternative - so I guess I think that a website with online ordering is just like shopping but with the full flexibility of being at home sat on your bottom! Although there is one downside - not coming into contact with the friendly peeps!

Just re-read your post. It is worrying that anyone can purchase pro products from simply just registering!

This wouldn't be worrying if it weren't a company who in your opinion is a major competitor - someone you acually esteem enough to think that they are a popular company.

Just re-read your post. It is worrying that anyone can purchase pro products from simply just registering!

This wouldn't be worrying if it weren't a company who in your opinion is a major competitor - someone you acually esteem enough to think that they are a popular company.

I guess it's each to their own but it isn't how I would want to do things that's all. Thanks for even more feed back everyone!! :hug:

Definitely online ordering for me... I enjoy being able to keep coming back to the PC, leaving the page on the screen and seeing when it is going to be delivered... I actually do prefer to do most things online...

I love browsing products online... and it is an excuse to sit on the PC for longer :green:
hi,
i live in belgium and i deffenitly like to order online, for the simple reason, the wholesale places are a ripoff. i mean like 50$ for a pot of ibd gel, alsow a set of nails costs where i live i ypres about 60$. So if i can order online cheeper i will.

i much prefer ordering online. :) it's so much easier, and you can add and take things away from your order several times before finally submitting your order.

I order online simply because I sometimes phone and wait for a while to get through or it takes them a little bit to get all the items I want.

Much easier to place it online and quicker

I get a real kick out of cruising my wholesailers and im on pretty good terms with the girls there.. I like to touch and feel my stuff.. Im no good with measurements so i would probably spend a fortune for 20mls of crap anyway! Perhaps if i could get my products online i would go that route, but as i cant Im happy to do my fortnightly trip to the shop. I do keep an eye out for bargains on ebay though.. LOVE a BARGAIN!

I do lots of ordering online, like being able to browse the site etc and play with my order - usually find a few extra things to add. Though some places I do it on the phone or if I have a query i'll phone it through.

Latest posts

Back