If you had the Choice would you...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had the choice would you....

• Total voters

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi All -
I was thinking about how hard we all work, the hours we work and the odd hours we sometimes keep.

Baring this in mind, if you have the choice of how to order your professional products, what is your preferred method and why?

Definitely online ordering for me... I enjoy being able to keep coming back to the PC, leaving the page on the screen and seeing when it is going to be delivered... I actually do prefer to do most things online...

I love browsing products online... and it is an excuse to sit on the PC for longer :green:

Hi All -
I was thinking about how hard we all work, the hours we work and the odd hours we sometimes keep.

Baring this in mind, if you have the choice of how to order your professional products, what is your preferred method and why?

i prefer to order online. i simply cannot find the time to make phone calls or visit wholesalers during their office hours. i work untill 8 pm most nights, so web ordering is great for me as i can do it anytime of the day.

i love ordering online as long as the shop has clear images and clear descriptions. there is nothing worse than ordering something, getting a picture in your head of what it will be like and when the postie arrives its nothing like what you imagined!!!!

Internet online shopping would be easier for me personally, at the moment I have to drive into the city to get my products as they don't do online shopping.

It's a pain in the butt and takes up a whole morning/afternoon by the time I've driven down there, fought with traffic jams, found a parking space, walked to the suppliers, chosen my products, paid, and then done it all in reverse re going back to the car and fighting the traffic again.

I see it as a waste of precious time by having to go through all of that in order to get my products.

Good thread Samantha :D

I would like to be able to order products online it would definetly make life easier.

I do know of one beauty wholesaler that sells online that requires no proof of qualifications so i could be anyone ordering trade products !! its a big company to.

I chose ordering online from work as I work during the day so I have a flick on Designer Nails website & have a look anyway, it would be a added bonus if I could just order it that way ... plus my colleagues dont get to hear what I am ordering & my bank details being handed over!

I dont mind speaking to someone over the phone, but it would just be more conveinent!

I put order online at home because I am mobile so this would be the best option :)

I would prefer to order everything online!! I do alot of internet shopping, so it would just be easier, but at the moment phoning Hyperion and placing an order is no biggie! :)

I actually enjoy going to the osns for my supplies but that's because I'm a shopaholic, however i do find it hard to get there as i don't drive so have to rely on lifts from my partner which are few and far between.
I will have my own salon this time next month so i guess i will be ordering my supplies online from then onwards

I like going to the OSS as you see what your buying but on line shopping is so much easier, so it got my vote.

Definitely ordering on-line would be great for me.

I Prefer ordering at home online , I am one of these people who hates speaking on phones :o
at home online i get to properly browse , when I'm on the phone i sometimes real something of the list and think actually i didn't need that , or ooh no Ive wrote the number down wrong , which can lead to lots of confusion , and rushing round trying to find the correct page , or a pen to jot the order no down ect...

online is so much easier ,also if my phone is down its a big pain , i wont use anybody Else's as its embarrassing and they will hear what i am buying and how much it is costing , aswell as my details xxxx

I do all my shopping online these days.. even the weekly groceries :)

i try order most stuff online , i just find it so much easier than traipsing about:lol: then again maybe i am lazy , lol

I love the convenience of being able to shop on-line, but if I had a query about a particular product which couldn't be resolved via e-mail, I would probably pick up the phone.

My answer ... a combination of the two I guess.

i'm not able to vote on this... i would prefer that my local wholesalers had the products i need instead of always having to pay s&h

I have no preference either way.................

I would have said to order online at home after work....about this time:rolleyes: , but not being on the net at work I still have to phone, especially for those urgent items needed by next day!

I like to phone up and order my salon stock....have a nice chat to the men (whoever they are) at Loughton and get my stuff the next day...

BTW I order from Loughton as they seem to be the place where I can get the stock I need generally and they go the extra mile to get what you need, whether that be opening up a large pack for a smaller number of items or raiding a professional kit for something that is out of stock!

Well, guess I'm a little old-fashioned then, I still love to peruse catalogues during the evening or whenever's convenient, make a list, then I phone it through first thing the next morning.

Latest posts

Back