Igora steel/grey/metallic toner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 187532 this was my own hair - im a natural base 7 hair had previously been pre lightened highlights grown out left 8-11 and 6-12 equal parts to 3% on for a good 45mins (I wanted a darker colour as knew it would fade out beautifully) you could try the same with a different ratio though
This is beautiful my client wants a black/ grey ombre but I may steal this and pursued her to go for this on roots an mid lengths and then tone the ends instead as this would fade out rather then later on have to lift the black out. did you just put this mix straight in yourregrowth and over the grown out lifted hair or did you use another mix for mid lengths and ends?? Thank you

Schwarzkopf have actually specifically released a line in Igora Absolutes for greys/silvers? They've got steel grey, silver, grey/violet and dove grey? Really confusing, my rep told me they're a Demi, but part of the Igora absolutes and to be used with Igora 3%? I got a sample of steel grey and trying it on my partner tonight! You can also mix them with just conditioner instead of 3% for a less dramatic result. Or they can be used completely on their own like a direct dye

i cant find a swatch chart for it. does anyone have 1?

Has anyone got a pic of the schwarzkopf absolutes silver ?

Check out a fellow geeks IG page @jaymz.marsters I'm sure he's used them.

Thanks I'll have a look [emoji4]

Hey jaymz did you have to pre lighten the colour on the left to achieve the colour on the right? Never used igora before and have a client that wants a grey ombre ive bought 9-5,22 but wasnt really sure what base to lift to before i apply?

Hey jaymz did you have to pre lighten the colour on the left to achieve the colour on the right? Never used igora before and have a client that wants a grey ombre ive bought 9-5,22 but wasnt really sure what base to lift to before i apply?
Clean level 10, even better if you can tone it to white

Didn't want to create a whole new grey thread.. Do you think my clients hair is light enough to colour grey without turning it green [emoji16]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1451253387.143879.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1451253560.863381.jpg

This is the colour we are aiming for and are doing the same formula which is 9.5-22, 10-1, 0-11, 0-22 all equal amounts with 10 vol

Thankyou [emoji4]

Didn't want to create a whole new grey thread.. Do you think my clients hair is light enough to colour grey without turning it green [emoji16] View attachment 193152

View attachment 193153
This is the colour we are aiming for and are doing the same formula which is 9.5-22, 10-1, 0-11, 0-22 all equal amounts with 10 vol

Thankyou [emoji4]

Definitely light enough.

They are amazing toners!!! I used a mixture of 2 on my boyfriends hair and it turned out an awesome shade of silver

Awesome thankyou !!! [emoji4][emoji4]

The test strand is looking rather blue instead of grey [emoji31]

So I did a test piece and it's turned out a purple/blue colour.. How can I tweak the formula ?

Thanks I tried it without the 0-22 and got the perfect result [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back